Seahawks are Super petty

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Frankly I'd suspect that Artie Burns will change numbers once the cuts to 53 happen. This is a non-starter.

I wonder how quickly he would want to change, too. If you know the history of that number for the Seahawks over the last 10 years, it has had it's ups, and downs. And in that order.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Obviously the best and winningest quarterback in Seahawks history. Guided us to only Super Bowl victory. Clearly headed to Ring of Honor! Definitely deserves to have #3 retired. Carroll needs to check the ego and respect the accomplishments!
Seahawks policy is to only retire the numbers of Seahawk players who have been inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. Russ isn't there yet, and it's going to be a long while before he makes it (if he makes it).

Oh, and the fans, of course.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The standard for jersey retirement with the Seahawks is guys who spent extended periods of time as the top 1-2 players at their position, 1st Team All-Pro, Hall of Fame level players. Russ was very good, but he wasn't that. Tez, Largent, Easley, Jones and Wagner.
Minor point of correction, Wagner's number is still in use. All the others are in the HOF.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
It is pretty amazing how flying under the radar (or is it being ignored because we are irrelevant to the rest of the NFL?) works in our favor. From the outside they automatically assumed our success was because of our QB. I wonder if the Donkeys like bridges... :unsure:

KinesProf

Reaction score
Minor point of correction, Wagner's number is still in use. All the others are in the HOF.
I was referring to Wagner amongst the small number of players who have met that high standard. He has, even if he weren't to play another snap as a Seahawk. My apologies if that was difficult to follow from the sentence that preceded his inclusion.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Anybody have some suggestions on how we can have some fun playing into our "Super Petty" label?

Fake Breaking News: IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED: New images of the Clink show Super Petty Seattle fans have taken down their pennants and painted over their ring of honor.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I was referring to Wagner amongst the small number of players who have met that high standard. He has, even if he weren't to play another snap as a Seahawk. My apologies if that was difficult to follow from the sentence that preceded his inclusion.
I think he understood your point...his reponse was in harmless play.

GemCity

Reaction score
Every team in every sport should retire 23.

Respect the 🐐.

😊

morgulon1

Reaction score
Obviously the best and winningest quarterback in Seahawks history. Guided us to only Super Bowl victory. Clearly headed to Ring of Honor! Definitely deserves to have #3 retired. Carroll needs to check the ego and respect the accomplishments!
The Legion .

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware that number 3 was supposedly off-limits? Who cares. As mentioned; 31, 25, and I think 29 all currently being worn by other players. Why give Russ and the #3 the hero worship?

chrispy

Reaction score
I think the headline was meant to read:

The Seahawks are Super Pretty.

...like Muhammed Ali calling himself pretty...

(...that induced memories of the pic of the LOB at ET3s wedding with him wearing a cape... always makes me chuckle.)