Russell Wilson's marketability

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Most marketable in Seattle sports history? Huh?

Are you forgetting Ken Griffy Jr? He even had a video game series named after him!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well having the too short label I'm sure Extenz is knocking on the door.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":3qw1mi6p said:

Are you forgetting Ken Griffy Jr? He even had a video game series named after him!

Just wait for the debut of Russell Wilson AntiPerspirant. Dude never sweats anything.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1sojal3m said:
VancitySeahawk":1sojal3m said:

Just wait for the debut of Russell Wilson AntiPerspirant. Dude never sweats anything.

Brilliant.

grizbob

Reaction score
SNDavidson":g8nlyprq said:
Thought the thread was going to be about his trade value :shock:

Me too, and was preparing to react negatively :mrgreen:

mikeak

Reaction score
joeseahawks":na0rydmr said:
I live on the East Coast and I don't think he is that big, and here is why:

+I listen to ESPN Radio (I don't watch their TV Network) and unfortunately, many of the journalists still don't give him enough respect, even after what he did today. If they were voting for ROY today, some journalist would still vote for Luck or RGIII. I understand we lost, but everyone was talking about Matt Ryan and how clutch he was. Very little mention about RW overcoming 3 TDs.
+Elevating RW above Luck and RGIII means lots of these "Pundits" were wrong. These people will NEVER accept they were wrong about RW.
+I did browse a few forums of teams that passed on RW in the draft to see if there was some type of remorse about not taking him ... very little mention.

RW marketability outside the Pacific NW will go as far as ESPN and all the bias media will want to carry it. Right now, I don't think they are ready to carry him above "there are lots of promising QBs in the NFL" (signed John Clayton, without even mentioning RW name in an interview tonight, when asked about RW performance in Atlanta).

Well Cowherd stating this morning that he expects most wins etc by Luck then closely after that RW then after that (not closely) RG3 and Kapernick

Luck and RG3 durability is up there. Coming into next year RW will be a HUGE story. Media will focus on the championship games now but no doubt about it RW will be one of the major story lines going into next year and will get bigger a few games in when people realize he is a terrific pocket passer........

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I could care less about his marketability. He isn’t a glory hound at all so that alone will likely keep a lot of this in check. I just want him to come back in the first mini-camp switched on and ready to resume where he left off! I am just so glad that we don’t have to hear him referred to as a rookie any longer. The height thing will likely always be there for the mediots who can’t accept that they were wrong, I hope it turns out to be his ace in the hole.

P.S. Do post season TD’s count towards his rookie season stats?

hawker84

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1mqsmlkd said:
So is Colin Kaepernick. And CK might win the SB (at least he is still playing)
Except ... RW doesn't have any visible tattoos ... ha ha ha

pehawk":1mqsmlkd said:
He's by FAR the most marketable person the NFL has now, IMO. Bi-racial, Christian, hard-worker, underdog, EVERYTHING. He's Madison Avenue's DREAM.

although Kaep for the most part represents the players in the NFL, in dress, tats, etc.... i do not think he is what the NFL or endorsement companies are looking for in representing them.. RW is definitley more marketable than Kaep.. i see Kaep in a Rap video more than i see him in a All State commercial.

pehawk

Reaction score
RW WILL be doing corny Buick sommercials within 5 years, just like the guy with Pete Roses haircut.

mikeak

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":154gvutl said:
I could care less about his marketability. He isn’t a glory hound at all so that alone will likely keep a lot of this in check. I just want him to come back in the first mini-camp switched on and ready to resume where he left off! I am just so glad that we don’t have to hear him referred to as a rookie any longer. The height thing will likely always be there for the mediots who can’t accept that they were wrong, I hope it turns out to be his ace in the hole.

P.S. Do post season TD’s count towards his rookie season stats?

I think people need to separate the fact that he is a great person wanting to acchive greatness that donates his time to children hospital from the fact that he may want to make money.

He wants to acchieve results in his life but he also knows he has a short window to make lots of money and will want to take some advantage of that. I don't think he will maximize it now as big payday is out there but he also knows he could be one big hit away from never playing again. he won't approach life or the game with that mindset but he will protect himself with insurance and getting some endorsment deals

and he should