Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3a1pshp5 said:
SoulfishHawk":3a1pshp5 said:
Best "mid-level" QB of all time then.

With multiple injuries AND a horrific O-Line he puts up:

4,219 yards, 21 TD, 11 int, 92.6 QB Rating. Goes 11-6-1 and wins a playoff game, yet again.

Yeah, sooo horrible. :roll:
Many teams in the NFL would LOVE to have those numbers from their QB.

Agreed... it's a poor narrative but that doesn't stop it from popping up in multiple threads.

Maybe someone could forward his expert analysis to ESPN and he could take over for Clayton and other experts??

5. Russell Wilson, Seattle. Some critics might have dropped Wilson a spot or two, but I don’t. Since his rookie season in 2012, Wilson’s 56-23-1 record is the second-best in football. He’s completed 64.71 percent of his passes and has a touchdown to interception ratio of 127/45. Sure, he’s helped by a great defense, but Wilson showed so much by playing the first half of 2016 with a high-ankle sprain and an MCL sprain, not missing a game in a season in which the Seahawks went to the divisional round of the playoffs.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/3138...wks-russell-wilson-ranks-among-nfls-best-qbs/

Seymour

Reaction score
titan3131":2jokdyd4 said:
Correction - we were right.

I cant stand these people ignorantly going on how he was only fat post injury. That whole offseason he was telling everyone he was trying to bulk up - which he failed to do and only got fat eating out on dates with ciara.

They said he was above 225 he probably was 230 and they are trying to cover for how fat he was.

This pic was taken just before last season. If you think he failed to bulk up, I would say you failed to open your eyes.
Here is your "fat QB".

Russell-Wilson-STACK.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
titan3131":2cdxf6yb said:
semiahmoo":2cdxf6yb said:
It all just means I was right again.

Carry on...

I cant stand these people ignorantly going on how he was only fat post injury. That whole offseason he was telling everyone he was trying to bulk up - which he failed to do and only got fat eating out on dates with ciara.

They said he was above 225 he probably was 230 and they are trying to cover for how fat he was.

Staggering level of logical assumption applied here.

But yes.. others are ignorant.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A bunch of keyboard warriors are now nutrition experts. Got it.......
If that is Fat, then my definition is a lot different than the norm. The dislike for this guy is comical. NOTHING he does will be good enough for MANY Seahawks "fans"
He clearly put on muscle, which wait for it.......WEIGHS A LOT MORE THAN FAT.
He better go 16-0, because if they lose any games, it's clearly because he was FAT in 2016, or Married, or too nice, or blah blah blah. It never ends.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ahxbsdm said:
A bunch of keyboard warriors are now nutrition experts. Got it.......
If that is Fat, then my definition is a lot different than the norm. The dislike for this guy is comical. NOTHING he does will be good enough for MANY Seahawks "fans"
He clearly put on muscle, which wait for it.......WEIGHS A LOT MORE THAN FAT.
He better go 16-0, because if they lose any games, it's clearly because he was FAT in 2016, or Married, or too nice, or blah blah blah. It never ends.

yep. QB deserves way more credit than a handful of people on here want to give.

titan3131

Reaction score
Seymour":3lgsk3od said:
titan3131":3lgsk3od said:

This pic was taken just before last season. If you think he failed to bulk up, I would say you failed to open your eyes.
Here is your "fat QB".

Russell-Wilson-STACK.jpg

When he is in shape he has visible vascularity on his forearms. This tends to happen around 15% bodyfat. in this Pic he is probably around 20% bodyfat which is SLOPPY for an athlete not named ben rothlisberger.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
titan3131":gm3sp1k0 said:
semiahmoo":gm3sp1k0 said:
It all just means I was right again.

Carry on...

Agreed. He came in fat and slow at Training Camp. Some of the other players were even teasing him a bit about it.

As for his middling performance, RW was in fact smack dab in the middle when compared to all starting NFL QB's

15/30.

Don't get more middling than that.

If he shows up lean and fast which it appears he will, and then stays healthy, he can be a top 3 QB in the league for sure.

Last season wasn't that. There were injuries, there were brain farts, he was too slow both on his feet and mentally ,etc.

Lots of other factors too, but RW wasn't at the top of his game before or during the season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/stats/expanded

titan3131

Reaction score
Russell Wilson weighed in at 208 today. Basically his combine weight. Anyone doubting his weight gain last year is deaf blind and dumb at this point.

208 vs 225. Or more...

Rainger

Reaction score
Jerhawk":13vil3ho said:
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...y-4800-calorie-diet-to-cut-weight?sf94056997=

Russell Wilson apparently eats nine meals per day, totalling 4,800 calories.

This article is a good read. The biggest quote I took away, which has been brought up on this forum:

"He came in feeling as though he was too heavy and not mobile enough," Goglia said. "And he wanted to get his weight down. He was over 225. He felt as though he needed to be leaner and stronger and more agile. And that's my wheelhouse." This is a quote from Phillip Goglia, his nutritionist, whom Ciara begged Wilson to go visit this offseason.

This diet is intended to help Wilson slim down. Here is his daily diet:

Russell Wilson's Daily Meal Plan
Pre-breakfast: Tablespoon of almond butter and a tablespoon of jam
Breakfast: Two cups of cooked oatmeal, six whole eggs, fruit, chicken breast
Snack 1: Fruit and 12 almonds
Lunch: Eight ounces of protein with a yam or a cup of rice or a potato and a vegetable
Second lunch: Eight ounces of protein with a yam or a cup of rice or a potato and a vegetable
Snack 2: Fruit and 12 almonds
Snack 3: Fruit, 12 almonds and whey protein
Dinner: Fish or steak and vegetables or salad
Snack 4: Fruit and a tablespoon of molasses or shredded wheat, applesauce, almond butter and jam

The redundancy of "12 almonds" must be fate. He eats 12 almonds in honor of his fans. Woo hoo! :irishdrinkers:

Thoughts? :snack:

Far too many carbs! Only can deal with them cause of the activity he puts in. Get rid of the Oatmeal and the shredded wheat!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
titan3131":10ukdu6s said:
Russell Wilson weighed in at 208 today. Basically his combine weight. Anyone doubting his weight gain last year is deaf blind and dumb at this point.

208 vs 225. Or more...

It's true.

A true fan speaks truth, not fandomfantasy.

We are true fans...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The only thing you're true at is as being a spokesperson for Weight Watchers.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":21qra8b7 said:
The only thing you're true at is as being a spokesperson for Weight Watchers.

Russ did not sign up for Weight Watchers.

Stop slandering him like that.

RW needs true fans to support him not fake fans claiming he is part of a program he is not.

Shame on you.

Anthony!

Reaction score
titan3131":1izb11gn said:

208 vs 225. Or more...

AHH no one denied his weight gain, he said he was adding weight/muscle hoping it would allow him to take the hits he had been taking. Didn't work so now he is going the other direction.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":14ycept7 said:

208 vs 225. Or more...

Good for him.

Just out of my own curiosity, if any of you folks who are going to training camp are able to snap a photo of Wilson to see how slim he looks and share it, that would be awesome.

They showed glimpses of him today whIle I was watching NFLN when they cut to Seahawks training camp, but only saw wilson stretching. Just wondering if he looks like he did his rookie year physically

titan3131

Reaction score
Anthony!":2fh063za said:
titan3131":2fh063za said:

208 vs 225. Or more...

AHH no one denied his weight gain, he said he was adding weight/muscle hoping it would allow him to take the hits he had been taking. Didn't work so now he is going the other direction.

A real athlete who has been working out for years can't put on 10 Or more lbs of lean body mass in one year without steroids.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you SkyHawks16. Lol now I feel lazy haha.

He looks good! Let's hope this works out for him!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Thought I'd clear this up. He weighed in at 208 for camp, reportedly from somewhere I can't remember. That's how you know it's true. Proly took a dump before hand, if it's really that damn important.

Either way, I think this is his best season yet.

Anthony!

Reaction score
titan3131":1yx3be0a said:
Anthony!":1yx3be0a said:
titan3131":1yx3be0a said:

208 vs 225. Or more...

A real athlete who has been working out for years can't put on 10 Or more lbs of lean body mass in one year without steroids.

hmm and yet he did it, and never came up positive on a test hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.