Russell Wilson has declared war on the Seahawks

pinksheets

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27k698bo said:
It's shocking how gullible people are. Media types are literally making stuff up to get clicks. And people are believing it. What a waste of time.
I'm sorry, but this is wishful thinking.

This is stuff almost certainly coming out of Russ's camp. They're playing the media/PR game.

Do you think Watson doesn't want out of Houston? It's a similar dynamic. This stuff is coming out because it's being put out there. Russ is obviously not happy with how things are going and he and his agent are using the media to push some buttons.

If this has no basis, why wouldn't Russ be saying, "whoa I don't feel this way at all," rather than watching it happen?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":33nevuwq said:
FresnoHawk68":33nevuwq said:
CAA wants it’s commission! This is how CAA operates! They brainwash the athlete with $$$ & fame and take control of the Athlete’s belief system! I saw it happen up close with Cain Vasquez! After digging into the characters of CAA it gets far more sinister!

CAA controls the Media, they’re all being paid with favors. Obviously it old news when it comes to Agents but CAA wields enormous power and is deeply connected to all types of resources.

The moment RW fell in love with Ciara it was over, same goes for DK! As soon as DK started living with Russ & Sierra it was over for DK. The recent announcement that DK signed with CAA was CAA demonstrating it’s power! CAA is the enemy of all Sports Agents not on the CAA agenda.

Keep in mind CAA was pushing for Russ to go to the Giants! It’s doesn’t mean the Giants wanted RW or has any relation to CAA.

We can only hope there are a couple of QB’s in this draft that are attainable for Seattle.

Wow Qanon of sports has arrived

Connecting my comments to Qanon demonstrates you’re under the influence of Psychological weapons! Or your attempting to ridicule a fellow Seahawk fan because you disagree with his opinion & TESTIMONY!

Have I attack you personally on this topic?

My opinion is RW’s agent is leaking the stories and wrecking havoc in his life and you suggesting this is not plausible?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pinksheets":30cofq84 said:
SoulfishHawk":30cofq84 said:
It's shocking how gullible people are. Media types are literally making stuff up to get clicks. And people are believing it. What a waste of time.

This is stuff almost certainly coming out of Russ's camp. They're playing the media/PR game.

Do you think Watson doesn't want out of Houston? It's a similar dynamic. This stuff is coming out because it's being put out there. Russ is obviously not happy with how things are going and he and his agent are using the media to push some buttons.

If this has no basis, why wouldn't Russ be saying, "whoa I don't feel this way at all," rather than watching it happen?

Well, yes and no.

The Bleacher Report headline that has RW trending on Twitter is a sensationalized retelling of information within The Athletic's article. Part of this is media sensationalization.

For us more seasoned football fans, though - The Athletic article is damning, even without sensationalized clickbait.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pinksheets":3e7pdt2t said:
SoulfishHawk":3e7pdt2t said:

Exactly! All you have to do is locate the original source of the story, look at his/her business connections, then locate whose spreading the stories from the source look at their business connections = CAA = RW & Ciara’s agent!

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":5pu6623y said:
pinksheets":5pu6623y said:
SoulfishHawk":5pu6623y said:

Well, yes and no.

The Bleacher Report headline that has RW trending on Twitter is a sensationalized retelling of information within The Athletic's article. Part of this is media sensationalization.

For us more seasoned football fans, though - The Athletic article is damning, even without sensationalized clickbait.

In the end either they name a source or its all just BS. Does not mean it cannot be true, but all that proves is even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Till we have a credible source this is another but clickbait.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kc99hdb said:
pinksheets":3kc99hdb said:
SoulfishHawk":3kc99hdb said:

Well, yes and no.

CAA is the media! CAA is Twitter! Run down the media connections and find the original tweet, you’ll find it’s all coordinated & connected. Once you get the evidence in a day, tweet it out watch what happens to you!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Still waiting for either side to make a statement to quiet these rumors...

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Jerhawk":rsggd5c7 said:
Still waiting for either side to make a statement to quiet these rumors...

Better to remain silent or the media will turn them into puppets.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":dv7siaoc said:
Maelstrom787":dv7siaoc said:
pinksheets":dv7siaoc said:
SoulfishHawk":dv7siaoc said:

Well, yes and no.

In the end either they name a source or its all just BS. Does not mean it cannot be true, but all that proves is even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Till we have a credible source this is another but clickbait.
So, you also don't believe Watson wants out of Houston?

Reporters use unnamed sources all of the time. It's a key part of journalism.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3tbb95v3 said:
Maelstrom787":3tbb95v3 said:
pinksheets":3tbb95v3 said:
SoulfishHawk":3tbb95v3 said:

Well, yes and no.

CAA is the media! CAA is Twitter! Run down the media connections and find the original tweet, you’ll find it’s all coordinated & connected. Once you get the evidence in a day, tweet it out watch what happens to you!

Proof or STFU.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":2gq5reib said:
John63":2gq5reib said:
Maelstrom787":2gq5reib said:
pinksheets":2gq5reib said:

Well, yes and no.

Yes and more times than not they end up being wrong or partially wrong. That is the problem. As to Watson ahh well I have not seen him, the team or his agent say he does, so I tend to go with he doesn't. I am not into conspiracy theories, he may want out, but again until they give some verifiable proof they are just guessing. They may be right, they may be wrong. we may never know the truth either. I seem to recall a few years ago they were trading Wilson and guess what NOT. So until there is some credible proof, I dont believe much of anything that media says.The last 4 years tought me that.

massari

Reaction score
[youtube]nZkWidLA4Yc[/youtube]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1364969876767522816[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
pinksheets":1gevd2ro said:
John63":1gevd2ro said:
Maelstrom787":1gevd2ro said:
pinksheets":1gevd2ro said:

Well, yes and no.

Didn't used to be, they never ran stories of this nature without a credible source on the record, Journalism used to be a respected profession. Hell I can be a unnamed source and post a false rumor on a webpage or tweet.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
HawkStrong":1smz5i8c said:
FresnoHawk68":1smz5i8c said:
Maelstrom787":1smz5i8c said:
pinksheets":1smz5i8c said:

Well, yes and no.

Proof or STFU.

Why are you so nasty? CAA is RW agent, are you suggesting that a theory suggesting RW’s agent is spreading rumors is blasphemy ? Did you tell those that claimed Mike Rogers was spreading rumors before RW signed the last contract to STFU? You do know Mike Rogers was accused of planting stories in the media so RW could get a better deal with Seattle?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1365007710496948239[/tweet]

Yep, Bleacher Report was just sensationalizing a small snippet of the article in The Athletic. Confirmed.

Don't listen to BR, folks. Been that way for a decade now.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1tvnfc90 said:
TwistedHusky":1tvnfc90 said:
I don't think Pete can win 10-12 games without Wilson.

The cap hit for getting rid of Wilson is some obscene number, $30M+?

What is the cap hit for getting rid of Pete?

Jody should go to Wilson and ask what Wilson needs to make this work long-term for him.

Then give him that.

This is not difficult.
Well, if a trade of Wilson goes through, and Carroll isn’t fired, he’ll get his chance to build an elite defense and elite run game without having to pay top QB money.

I honestly, do not believe he can do it again. He hasn’t drafted well and that is not likely to change.

Carroll is not great at finding “talent” and I don’t think he ever was.

I think he has people in his circle who was great at it but have since departed.

More so misses then “hits” which is why Carroll is so open to trading picks for players now.

He doesn’t even trust himself making draft picks!

The problem with that logic, is having a star QB is part of why players may want to be traded here. Or players want to come here in free agency.

The Seahawks fan base, it seems to me, has largely underestimated the power of Wilson. He has earned enough respect for the Dunlaps, and Jamal Adams of the world to come here and possibly sign an extension. It's been the reason some of our home grown talent wants to stay. Without that, we're the Bills pre-Josh Allen

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":x9neb6wg said:
TheLegendOfBoom":x9neb6wg said:
TwistedHusky":x9neb6wg said:
I don't think Pete can win 10-12 games without Wilson.

The cap hit for getting rid of Wilson is some obscene number, $30M+?

What is the cap hit for getting rid of Pete?

Jody should go to Wilson and ask what Wilson needs to make this work long-term for him.

Then give him that.

This is not difficult.
Well, if a trade of Wilson goes through, and Carroll isn’t fired, he’ll get his chance to build an elite defense and elite run game without having to pay top QB money.

I honestly, do not believe he can do it again. He hasn’t drafted well and that is not likely to change.

Carroll is not great at finding “talent” and I don’t think he ever was.

I think he has people in his circle who was great at it but have since departed.

More so misses then “hits” which is why Carroll is so open to trading picks for players now.

He doesn’t even trust himself making draft picks!

The problem with that logic, is having a star QB is part of why players may want to be traded here. Or players want to come here in free agency.

The Seahawks fan base, it seems to me, has largely underestimated the power of Wilson. He has earned enough respect for the Dunlaps, and Jamal Adams of the world to come here and possibly sign an extension. It's been the reason some of our home grown talent wants to stay. Without that, we're the Bills pre-Josh Allen

Agreed several FAs that came here said they came here because of Wilson

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
By the time Wilson leaves Pete's reputation is going to be trashed. Just watch.

Wilson will get credit for most of his accomplishments.

Pete will get blame for almost all the shortfalls.

Pete needs to be very careful.

Everything Wilson does is planned. Mostly coordinated. Wilson sets long-term goals and then puts plans in motion to accomplish them. He will outmaneuver Carroll at every turn.

Carroll is old. He might even legit be trying to do damage control because Wilson is forcing his way out. But Wilson has complete ability to navigate the media, sentiment, and use the new resources out there to drive the narrative.

Carroll is barely capable of strategy and tactics ON the field, off the field he is going to be flailing.

Wilson is very meticulous and driven in how he crafts his image. Years of work went into it, and years of planning.

If he wants to put pressure on this team, it is going to come from every angle.

That in turn will give Wilson control over both where he goes AND drive down the price they can even ask.

The Seahawks are going to get taken for a ride, lose their best player, and keep a coach that might not even be competent at this point. That same coach might not even be able to win at all without Wilson.

Wilson is going to get what he wants. It will only be a question of how much damage Wilson does to Pete's legacy/reputation and this team's future before he gets it.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2pho0mu3 said:

Everything Wilson does is planned. Mostly coordinated. Wilson sets long-term goals and then puts plans in motion to accomplish them. He will outmaneuver Carroll at every turn.

Carroll is old. He might even legit be trying to do damage control because Wilson is forcing his way out. But Wilson has complete ability to navigate the media, sentiment, and use the new resources out there to drive the narrative.

Carroll is barely capable of strategy and tactics ON the field, off the field he is going to be flailing.

Wilson is very meticulous and driven in how he crafts his image. Years of work went into it, and years of planning.

That in turn will give Wilson control over both where he goes AND drive down the price they can even ask.

The Seahawks are going to get taken for a ride, lose their best player, and keep a coach that might not even be competent at this point. That same coach might not even be able to win at all without Wilson.

Wilson is going to get what he wants. It will only be a question of how much damage Wilson does to Pete's legacy/reputation and this team's future before he gets it.

Could all be true but in the end this team and PC will have no one to blame but themselves

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":2r98tl7d said:
TwistedHusky":2r98tl7d said:

Could all be true but in the end this team and PC will have no one to blame but themselves

Could be true because Josh Allen (Fresno boy) could have been our QB right now!