Russell’s trade value dropping like a rock.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How much does the huge draft of 2022, made possible by the Russ trade haul, change the tone of this discussion?

Is there perhaps some merit to the idea that the draft ills for this team were heavily influenced by consistently late native draft position?

Was the initial unimaginable draft success in 2010-2012 poisoning the discourse by setting an unrealistic expectation for the FO?

Interesting to look back.

James in PA

Reaction score
Every 3rd post in this thread was John63 defending Mr. I'm Limited. No wonder he no longer posts here. Must be embarrassing to be so wrong about a player he went to bat for over and over.

toffee

Reaction score
Every 3rd post in this thread was John63 defending Mr. I'm Limited. No wonder he no longer posts here. Must be embarrassing to be so wrong about a player he went to bat for over and over.
I really miss me some John63, dude was entertaining and a predictable way.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I was the OP of this thread and totally forgot about it. I’m happy to know I was right in that he wasn’t even worth one 1st round pick and am shocked they got more for him. Although, it was probably his very late season play that got Paton thinking he’s still a top qb. As I also said later on in the thread, all we need is one sucker, and luckily Schneider found him.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I was the OP of this thread and totally forgot about it. I’m happy to know I was right in that he wasn’t even worth one 1st round pick and am shocked they got more for him. Although, it was probably his very late season play that got Paton thinking he’s still a top qb. As I also said later on in the thread, all we need is one sucker, and luckily Schneider found him.
Apparently there were other suckers, but we lucked out that one of them happened to have mutual attraction with Russ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Time has indeed proven your thoughts to be quite valid. Props.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He's even stopped posting on the Broncos fan boards. He hasn't been seen there since the 24th of November, and he hasn't posted there since the 21st.

Here on .NET, he hasn't been on since the 7th of October, and he hasn't posted since the 22nd of September.

I'm guessing he thought the outcome of all the things about which he wrote "we will see" was going to be a lot different from what it actually ended up being, and that he'd be able to come back here and take multiple victory laps.

He thought his new favorite team, the Broncos (he routinely referred to them as "we" over on the Broncos fan boards before he stopped posting 13 days ago), was headed to glory with Wilson unshackled, and that the Seahawks' ceiling was five wins this season. He thought the Seahawks would be terrible on third down and the Broncos would be good on third down, because he blamed Carroll for the Seahawks' third-down problems when Wilson was here. As of now, the Seahawks are tenth in the league in third-down-conversion percentage, and the Broncos are 30th.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Schneider found two. Martin Mayhew (Washington Commanders) actually offered a package including three first-round picks for Wilson, but Wilson didn't want to play there, and because he had a no-trade clause, his approval was needed for any trade.

Then Schneider found another sucker, Paton, with a team where Wilson believed he could actually win, so he accepted waiving the no-trade clause to go there. It makes me kinda happy that it's the still-loathed Broncos and not the Commanders who are on the losing end of the Wilson trade, and that it will hurt them for a few years while simultaneously making the Seahawks stronger.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I am really proud of my first page posts too. :)

As for John63, if somebody knows him we need them to do a welfare check on him. I hope he is ok

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I am really proud of my first page posts too. :)

As for John63, if somebody knows him we need them to do a welfare check on him. I hope he is ok
Yes your first page post was right on too.

IMO without that late last season decent play of Wilson’s, I don’t think we would have got as good of a trade package for him. I knew at the time though of my first post, if I was a GM, there would be no way I would pay a first round pick for him. This coming from a guy that was wearing his jersey proudly around the year before.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Schneider found two. Martin Mayhew (Washington Commanders) actually offered a package including three first-round picks for Wilson, but Wilson didn't want to play there, and because he had a no-trade clause, his approval was needed for any trade.

Then Schneider found another sucker, Paton, with a team where Wilson believed he could actually win, so he accepted waiving the no-trade clause to go there. It makes me kinda happy that it's the still-loathed Broncos and not the Commanders who are on the losing end of the Wilson trade, and that it will hurt them for a few years while simultaneously making the Seahawks stronger.
Yes I forgot. Could you imagine the Commanders having to deal with a team name change, a nightmare of an owner, facing serious charges, and the debacle that Russell Wilson has become, all at the same time?

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yes I forgot. Could you imagine the Commanders having to deal with a team name change, a nightmare of an owner, facing serious charges, and the debacle that Russell Wilson has become, all at the same time?

I think Wilson would have done better under Rivera though. He is a better coach. Wilson would have still been terrible, but I do believe Rivera would have made adjustments sooner at the expense of Wilson's ego. He is doing pretty good with Taylor Heinicke right now, although Heinicke probably is a better QB in the sense he can play within the system and see the entire field.

Donn2390

Reaction score
He's even stopped posting on the Broncos fan boards. He hasn't been seen there since the 24th of November, and he hasn't posted there since the 21st.

Here on .NET, he hasn't been on since the 7th of October, and he hasn't posted since the 22nd of September.

I'm guessing he thought the outcome of all the things about which he wrote "we will see" was going to be a lot different from what it actually ended up being, and that he'd be able to come back here and take multiple victory laps.

He thought his new favorite team, the Broncos (he routinely referred to them as "we" over on the Broncos fan boards before he stopped posting 13 days ago), was headed to glory with Wilson unshackled, and that the Seahawks' ceiling was five wins this season. He thought the Seahawks would be terrible on third down and the Broncos would be good on third down, because he blamed Carroll for the Seahawks' third-down problems when Wilson was here. As of now, the Seahawks are tenth in the league in third-down-conversion percentage, and the Broncos are 30th.
Has anyone thought to research the obituary section of John63's local paper, or perhaps the Suicide Hot Line for answers?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Has anyone thought to research the obituary section of John63's local paper, or perhaps the Suicide Hot Line for answers?

He's fine. Still tweeting away about non-football stuff.

Like I said, I've encountered him on Twitter by random chance and argued with him there, but cannot give the details as it'd be doxxing.