Russell’s trade value dropping like a rock.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now Russ is Ichiro at the end? Now I've heard it all.
He's 32 years old. He has several good years in front of him. Tom Brady is 75 and still playing well.

kf3339

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1rm6y4x0 said:
As for drafting, it doesnt matter where the picks are coming from, what matters to me is the skipping of obvious needs and players for luxury picks and diamonds in the rough. Pete is a result of his own success. He hit big when he came here and knew the inside scoop of the college players coming out. The problem with that is when that knowledge dried up, Pete still drafted the same way. Trying to always be the smartest guy in the room and being cute instead of drafting sensibly. When you do that there's going to be way more misses than hits and thats what happened. Last year when Russ was crying out for an improved Oline and Pete skipped on Humphrey, that was the icing on the cake for me. Its never going to change with him. I dont even want to get into the FA pickups.

It's not just drafting, though it's been horrible the last 6 years. It's also the trades and fancy FA pickups that have been completely worthless.

PC and JS both have egos that have created this mess. PA and now his sister have not taken back control when things started to turn in 2013. The Harvin trade was such a joke that the rest of the league was laughing at us. We only won because of the early success of the drafts when PC actually knew what he was doing. After that it's been a complete joke.

hoxrox

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2nm2amwt said:
He's 32 years old. He has several good years in front of him. Tom Brady is 75 and still playing well.

Problem with this comparison is that Tom Brady is cerebral QB. He is anticipatory instead of reactionary. He knows where the ball is going based on his presnap reads. These QBs use their decision-making to outsmart an opponent. Whereas Russell strengths have been his elusiveness, which now has diminishing returns. And he's great at those deep balls... but in inclement weather, against playoff level defenses? Yeah this is where you need a strong run game, OR a mastery of the short passing game.

John63

Reaction score
soxhawk":2isajm5z said:
Wilson, at this stage, is like Ichiro for the Mariners. He'll put butts in seats and give a false hope of glory, but at the end of the day, it's the Seattle fans that lose. At least #3 won us one.

really you realize up till this last game he played, after missing over a month due to injury he had the best passer rating, td/int ratio, ypc, in the league. 1 bad game after a month plus gone from injury and you decide this. Sure glad youre aren't our GM

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":7fpe394s said:
SoulfishHawk":7fpe394s said:

Problem with this comparison is that Tom Brady is cerebral QB. He is anticipatory instead of reactionary. He knows where the ball is going based on his presnap reads. These QBs use their decision-making to outsmart an opponent. Whereas Russell strengths have been his elusiveness, which now has diminishing returns. And he's great at those deep balls... but in inclement weather, against playoff level defenses? Yeah this is where you need a strong run game, OR a mastery of the short passing game.

That is true and Wilson has shown he can and does have mastery of the short passing ga,e. For example, every game this year 60-70% of his passes have been short and he was completing well over 70%. A few years ago he used the short passing game to get us into the playoffs only to have PC go back to run and throw long.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":denjnc2o said:

Brady is rare.

K

K.J WRIGHT

You guy's are over thinking this. Russ does NOT want to be here any more, period. When Peter decided to not hand the ball to Marshawn for another Super Bowl win, we have never been the same. PC is way overrated and needs to GTFO!!

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12qgapz7 said:
And Russ is a future HOF and one of the best of his generation. Period.

Yup and that's a fact

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g99b2on said:

No doubt about it, so we ought to get 4 first rounder in trades, oughtn't we? We sure could last off season, until Russ limited the pool to four teams, even then Chicago tried. Think we can get 4 this off season? or now?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he will be traded. But IF he does? They can get a haul. Just like DK, except for I'd be a lot less surprised if DK got traded.
His AGENT made that list. I didn't hear him say that, so that's a crock. I predict he ends up in New Orleans if he was to get traded.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
toffee":jmr8jbgd said:
SoulfishHawk":jmr8jbgd said:

No doubt about it, so we ought to get 4 first rounder in trades, oughtn't we? We sure could last off season, until Russ limited the pool to four teams, even then Chicago tried. Think we can get 4 this off season? or now?

Who in their right mind would trade 4 firsts for him with the way he has looked this year? Slow, indecisive and looking like he is regressing. Maybe I would give 2 ones but in this league you have stupid owners that force their GMs to give the house for a reputation like his.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They could easily trade him for 2 first rounders, maybe even 3. It's so entertaining that people actually think he's done being a great QB. Wrong. He has many good years left in him.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ol29m6bz said:
I don't think he will be traded. But IF he does? They can get a haul. Just like DK, except for I'd be a lot less surprised if DK got traded.
His AGENT made that list. I didn't hear him say that, so that's a crock. I predict he ends up in New Orleans if he was to get traded.

So his agent pulled that 4 team list out of his behind, then make the announcement all WITHOUT Russell Wilson's approval? Wow, fire the agent already.

Jville

Reaction score
hoxrox":1ukck7uu said:
SoulfishHawk":1ukck7uu said:

Cerebral verses reactionary. That's an excellent comparison.

Is it possible that cerebral quarterbacks take on stronger ownership for enhancing better pass protection?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Jville":3dzhpm77 said:
hoxrox":3dzhpm77 said:
SoulfishHawk":3dzhpm77 said:

Is it possible that cerebral quarterbacks take on stronger ownership for enhancing better pass protection?
Yes when it comes to changing the protection or play, but I'd guess most of it would just come from being able to accurately assess the D presnap and get the ball out to where that presnap read dictates quickly.

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":27p56g1i said:
hoxrox":27p56g1i said:
SoulfishHawk":27p56g1i said:

Any graceful ownership would have volunteered to sell the team to Russ, as owner, Russ could hire the HC and OL that he deserves.

Come on Jody, Russ clearly wants to be an owner of NFL Franchise, it's your duty to fulfill Russ's destiny.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
soxhawk":2aypm5xv said:
Wilson, at this stage, is like Ichiro for the Mariners. He'll put butts in seats and give a false hope of glory, but at the end of the day, it's the Seattle fans that lose. At least #3 won us one.

I give more credit to the defense. Always have. Just a non-homer opinion. I mean... Trent Dilfer won a ring with the Ravens and their defense.

Wilson is a great QB and is a perfect fit for the Seahawks... but I'd still take Manning, Rodgers, Brady every day of the week if I needed a score.

pittpnthrs":2aypm5xv said:
Its not so much as being spoiled as it is realizing the shortcomings. Sure they make the playoffs, but from 2015 on, what have they done with those postseason opportunities? With a franchise QB and the talent they have had, a team should be able to get past the 2nd round once in awhile, but Seattle cant. Your right though that its not the QB's, its the coaching.

It's also no coincidence that 2015 on was the beginning of the end of the historic 2013/2014 defense that carried the team to 2 Super Bowls.

Don't take this as I'm hating on Russ because I'm not... I've watched pretty much every game since 2012... I'm just saying that the defense was what made those teams great... and without it... well... haven't gotten past the 2nd round.

SoulfishHawk":2aypm5xv said:

I'd agree. He is one of the best. I think he's a HOFer... but might need to put up a few more years of solid numbers to guarantee a trip to Canton.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35rj8xgv said:
They could easily trade him for 2 first rounders, maybe even 3. It's so entertaining that people actually think he's done being a great QB. Wrong. He has many good years left in him.

Yup

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hh8vcfq said:
Do not compare Wilson to the GOAT Tom Brady.

Wilson is not in Tom Brady’s League.

The league is figuring out Wilson isn’t a pocket passer and does not want to throw the quick short pass game.

Brady shreds you any and all ways he can.

Wilson primarily wants the home run ball and is willing to throw that into double and triple coverage just to make miracle plays that are just bone headed decisions.

At least a competent QB understands like Brady will take what the defense gives him and play the better odds for completing a pass.

There’s a reason why Brady is still winning Super Bowls cause he mentally is capable of making the best throws at the proper times.

Wilson for some reason is totally against making an easy completion and wants to the the hero with long balls that are covered by defenses now.