Russ gets his new deal in Denver

rcaido

Reaction score
Wish it was us. Having wilson 5 more years going to playoffs...then sucking for draft picks

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not at that cost. He wanted out, time to accept that he's gone. They'll rebuild and will get this thing rolling again in a couple years.
Players move on, certainly not the end of the world.
Meh, on to the 2022 season.

W

Welshers

Literally won more games than ANY QB in the first 10 seasons. 8 playoffs in 10 seasons, and 2 Super Bowls.
But yeah, he sucks.
Thank you for the laughs today. You're not supposed to drink the bong water.
I'm glad they moved on, but you just continue to make stuff up.
Soulfish hawk you are refusing to actually read my posts! I specifically said as of late! Look at the facts! Russ "3 n Out" Wilson had a 73.9 pff grade last year, 18th of 38 QBs! Just remember before you flame me that i ALWAYS come with the facts!

Ive always respected you as a poster but your condescension is out of control! Russell was 18th last year! He will be bad this year again!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Matt Stafford dominated last year and won the Super Bowl! He's clearly a step ahead!

What about 3 and outs? Who's leading that category! Russ has dropped off a cliff since the second half of the 2020 season. Prior to that he was top 3, yes. But as of now he's inferior to those guys! All will be revealed when he disappoints this year! Good thing denver paid him huge because now they will suck with no cap!
I don't know man, once he got healthy late last year he started to look like his old self and I think we had some other issues that didn't help the offense either but he definitely didn't look like the same player he was before. They all go through stretches though. Brady and Rodgers have played just as bad only to be fine. I think Russ will be fine moving forward.

W

Welshers

Damn, these ribs are phenomenal.
Oh look at this! You know soulfish has been beaten when he goes off topic to deflect!! No comment on how I statistically proved Russ wasn't even top 15 last year! Sad!

I don't know man, once he got healthy late last year he started to look like his old self and I think we had some other issues that didn't help the offense either but he definitely didn't look like the same player he was before. They all go through stretches though. Brady and Rodgers have played just as bad only to be fine. I think Russ will be fine moving forward.
Brady takes pay cuts for the team! Rodgers has been to 3 nfc title games since Wilson last won a division round game! Mr 3 n out is concerned about perfume sales!!!

However I respect your ability to have an intellectual conversation even if we disagree. Some here just call names and switch topics! Sad!

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I'ms starting to think you're someone else and this is a troll account. It's entertaining though and better than your other account.
Are you saying Welshers account is better than all other posters on this forum? If it is a troll account, you don't seem to know whose it is.

W

Welshers

Are you saying Welshers account is better than all other posters on this forum? If it is a troll account, you don't seem to know whose it is.
Many posters have said I'm the GOAT! Of course I defer to Aros or SH, but I do have to admit I'm up there with the greats!

keasley45

Reaction score
Good for Russ. Mission accomplished. We can poopoo his agent all we want, but the dude did his job, and some.

Wonder what Cowherd's take is. Between he and Heaps, controlling the 'insider' narrative, they pretty significantly drove public perception of Russ to his obvious benefit.

He should throw Heaps a few dollars for sure. Heard he followed him down to Denver. I'm sure he'll work his way into a media position down there as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson will need to survive, I have doubts he gets out of Seattle unscathed this week.

GemCity

Reaction score
I was not a fan of the trade. But…if JS and PC had knowledge a priori, which we can assume they did, I’m glad we didn’t keep him.

I don’t believe for one second that Russ is going to have a dramatic fall off in performance. I think he’s going to thrive in a new system where his team doesn’t rank near the bottom in PAs per game. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has one of his best statistical seasons ever and takes Denver into the playoffs.

As for us, I think we made the right play here.

One caveat…if that cap keeps increasing, maybe Denver made the right move? That sounds crazy at $49M per year though…there’s a low probability that this is ever a “bargain”.

toffee

Reaction score
Our OL and Penny's plays help some late last year too,

GemCity

Reaction score
Oh look at this! You know soulfish has been beaten when he goes off topic to deflect!! No comment on how I statistically proved Russ wasn't even top 15 last year! Sad!

Brady takes pay cuts for the team! Rodgers has been to 3 nfc title games since Wilson last won a division round game! Mr 3 n out is concerned about perfume sales!!!

However I respect your ability to have an intellectual conversation even if we disagree. Some here just call names and switch topics! Sad!
Brady’s wife makes more than he does. Yet another reason to dislike Brady 🤪

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I honestly don't care, other than it's a little irritating to see he took a team friendly Brady type deal.

Sure had to be the highest paid QB twice in the league here.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good for Russ. Mission accomplished. We can poopoo his agent all we want, but the dude did his job, and some.

Wonder what Cowherd's take is. Between he and Heaps, controlling the 'insider' narrative, they pretty significantly drove public perception of Russ to his obvious benefit.

He should throw Heaps a few dollars for sure. Heard he followed him down to Denver. I'm sure he'll work his way into a media position down there as well.
Didn't you know that Jake Heaps is RW's personal QB coach? This probably one of the reasons why RW so deficient in parts of his game. He's being mentored by Heaps.

Latest posts