Russ fans ???

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seahawks fan here. First and foremost. F Wilson and F the Broncos. How can any Seahawks fan cheer for the Broncos? :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hope he plays well and lose every game. The more they lose, the better picks in the 1st and 2nd we get in 2023.
Just sayin............

Rainger

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lgkz1m7 said:
Time heals all wounds.

I was pissed when Griffey wanted to be traded.
I was pissed when Payton acted like an insufferable ass forcing a trade for Ray Allen.
I was pissed when A-Rod would rather do roids and make 250M in Texas than stay here.
I was pissed when Marshawn, Sherm and Thomas pushed their way out with their nonsense.

Hell, I wouldn't even put Wilson's trade on par with any of these. He was far more diplomatic in how he handled his unhappiness than any of these players.

It's all good man. I still love Russ, how can we not? Dude helped deliver us a Lombardi. Wish him well, but he's no longer my QB so I hope he loses every game he plays in that putrid ass Broncos uniform.

THIS: :ditto:

PS I also will forever be grateful for all Russ gave me as a fan over the years. I wanted him to retire a Hawk, but it is time to move on and I will NEVER want the Broncos to win a game so sorry Russ you are now on the other team and thus the enemy!

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Seahawks fan here. I'm a fan of Russ and what he's done as a Seahawk. I feel betrayed by the organization at this point that couldn't continue to make use of a future hall of fame quarterback, one who exudes positivity and has been described as one of the most prepared leaders in football history. Yes, his style doesn't fit everyone around him all the time, but this is the most challenging position to fill in all of sports and your whole team should be built around that. We had one of the best quarterbacks in football history. Now we get to remember what we had before in the 30 years of constant QB searches that amounted to very little.

I'll continue root for the Seahawks but I truly hope that Pete's "Always Compete" philosophy somehow translates to better coaching results because with a whole new team, they need to be on point for us to see some success. I'll still be a fan of Russ, but I won't be paying much attention to him until he stands up at the hall of fame. I just hope his time as a Bronco doesn't overshadow his time as a Seahawk when that happens.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was my favourite Seahawks player, but 'was' now applies.

I am a lifer Seahawks fan and had started to see the cracks on RW's relationship with the team when he signed his last deal which was a pretty fractious situation, re-signing him to new deal after the last one seemed quite unlikely. To me the team moved Wilson b/c Wilson wasn't truly 'All In' here anymore. I still have immense respect for Wilson and will sort of cheer for him except when he plays my team.

With good fortune the team may quickly find that young player that hopefully will have more Brady than Wilson in his approach to his team but still will be that special QB able to create W's when the pressure is on, yet still be one of the guys instead of 'Mr. Unlimited'. Wilson without a doubt is a special player with exceptional abilities but cracks were starting to show if nothing else than in his relationship with the team, yet some would argue his game had lost some of his mobile magic.

The numerous draft picks and capable players obtained the trade of Wilson will help the team build itself again in what will be hoped to be a a very solid and positive new direction.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
I am angry that Pete and company lost the best QB in franchise history because they refuse to play modern football. I want Wilson to excel and show all of the idiots that he should have been listened to. I also want the Seahawks to succeed, but fear it will be many years before that happens again.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
For whatever reason, and maybe it's not unique to Seattle but Seahawks fans sure love to crap on the players they rooted for on their way out the door.

Seems to happen every time.

Case in point Sean Alexander ran his ass off for this team, but because towards the end he was trying to stay available rather than take needless hits for extra yards everyone here calls him soft, never mind the fact that he was your workhorse for YEARS.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
MesquiteHawk":1rdad4ag said:
I am angry that Pete and company lost the best QB in franchise history because they refuse to play modern football. I want Wilson to excel and show all of the idiots that he should have been listened to. I also want the Seahawks to succeed, but fear it will be many years before that happens again.
Yes, this sentiment exactly.

Imagine Glen Sather of the NHL, scripting plays where Gretzky's role was to continually give the puck to the defensemen for the first 2 periods of every game.

Then when they were down 5-0 in the third period, let ol' Wayner do his thing.

And that is exactly what Seahawks players and fans have witnessed for so many years.

Rah rah, Pete? Rinse and re-Pete.

djb28

Reaction score
I'm a 35 yr fan, so it is a no brainer but I will not root for Russ elsewhere. He turned into primaddonna who only worried about his brand and constantly shoved it in your face in his videos.

He claims to be so spiritual and gives off the perception of being wholesome but I feel He did a bunch of shady shit too. Is he ap good guy? I'm sure he is, but let's not blow smoke up our ass.

Just like on GameDay. If they lose I'm done when the game is done, Pi don't hold onto it, as it used to make me crazy.

Out of my control and not my problem.

camdawg

Reaction score
I started going to games in the Kingdome with my Dad during the 1985 season. I stayed a fan during the 1990's lost decade. So losing Russ isn't going to change that.

I do think we'll be much worse in the short term, and it may take a LONG time before we get anyone as good as Russ to be our QB. Zorn, Mudbone, Moon, and Hass were pretty good during some seasons, not as good during others. But only Russ was truly great.

Since I've been a fan since the 1980s - bleep the Donkeys, Chefs, and Raiders. But I hope Russ does well. He might've become a bit of a diva, but most QBs are. He's nowhere near the true scum that guys like Vick, Watson, or Roethlisberger are. He's also nowhere close on the diva scale to Aaron Rodgers.