Robert Turbin to be waived w/ injury designation (update)

Exittium

Reaction score
kearly":fntjo5tr said:
crosfam":fntjo5tr said:
What are the odds Turbin cold come back in 2016 on a prove it one year deal? With the IR, he might not be as attractive FA to other teams as he would have been otherwise. Might be a good one to pair with a draft pick and/or Rawls next year, if needed.

I'd say really high odds. I just don't see him getting any action in FA and our coaches have a soft spot for him.

That said, it should be crystal clear that Turbin is never going to be our #1 back. When he comes back next year he'll probably be battling Rawls of the #3 RB job. Next year's #2 RB will probably be a high draft pick or a big name vet.

Unless with them Keeping Smith on the PS and Rawls on trhe 53 they hope to develop one of those two.

TwilightError

Reaction score
kearly":p2gghybo said:
I'd say really high odds. I just don't see him getting any action in FA and our coaches have a soft spot for him.

That said, it should be crystal clear that Turbin is never going to be our #1 back. When he comes back next year he'll probably be battling Rawls of the #3 RB job. Next year's #2 RB will probably be a high draft pick or a big name vet.

I think Rawls has a legit shot at becoming the #2 RB or even the much anticipated eventual replacement of Lynch as the #1. His arrival to the roster is well timed, Lynch will not be running for four more years, and his bruising style with lots of YAC makes him a good fit for the same exact system. Turbin will never fight for that role because he does not possess any 'goal line back' qualities. Still, Turbo is a good third down back (or a change of pace back) and as such a valuable asset in the roster.

themunn

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2mulkw5j said:
Hawks ended up putting him on IR instead of waiving him.

Sounds like they want to keep him after next year then

Seafan

Reaction score
His ankle injury must be very serious, season ending. If they had stayed the course he would have been available later in the season. Now he'll likely never play for the Hawks again.

Latest posts