Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

BlueTalon

Reaction score
chris98251":71307lfm said:
Stay the course, if you don't then a domino effect can happen, if Bailey can play good we are still fine, the pressure then turns on Kam. Trading is a stupid idea all the way around, we won't get value, the team we trade too will have to have a guarantee he will report or a restructured contract and then trade, all this reduces his value to middling picks since it is now viewed as a favor taking him off our hands.
I think these are faulty assumptions. Kam is recognized around the league as an elite enforcer-type player. How many teams do you think would be willing right now to have Kam on their roster, and would be willing to re-work his contract? More than one, I'm guessing. I think the market is already there if the Seahawks want to make a trade (which I wouldn't do right now.) All it's going to take to boost the market is an injury. In that case, I think the Seahawks would be able to get a 1st and a 3rd, or two 2nd round picks, at a minimum.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ihawk":17kun6th said:
No, don't trade him. Don't give him an inch. You make an example of him by letting him sit out a year. Call his fines and let him lose his game checks. Eventually he has to either tuck his tail and report by week 10 or not accrue a season on his contract. Yes it's a distraction and it sucks. But what player is going to ever pull this garbage again if you do that?
BINGO! :th2thumbs:

Marlin Man

Reaction score
screw Kam and the horse he rode in on. I don't give a shit if he ever plays again

OrFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jdd0233 said:
ihawk":1jdd0233 said:
No, don't trade him. Don't give him an inch. You make an example of him by letting him sit out a year. Call his fines and let him lose his game checks. Eventually he has to either tuck his tail and report by week 10 or not accrue a season on his contract. Yes it's a distraction and it sucks. But what player is going to ever pull this garbage again if you do that?

I agree.

Joey Gallopaway did this and then they blew the season by trying to cater to him when he returned. I say this time when he does return, before week 10, put him on the inactive list and do not even let him play.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm starting to think we'll never see him on the field for Seattle again. He'll sit the year, then force a trade in the off-season. Pride is an odd duck.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Kam is messing with the plan for the future.
It puts him in a great position to get paid huge bucks from a sub .500 team.

No player is bigger than the plan.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Remember when they all came together and decided to "Play for our brothers"? The blossom of love happened, as ET put it? Well Kam has abandoned his brothers for no good reason. He could very well cost them some games, maybe the playoffs, maybe even a championship. For his own stupidity in holding out with three years left on a five year contract. For conveniently forgetting that his contract averages out to $7m a year and that puts him in a tie for highest-paid SS in the league and 8th highest paid safety, period. For wanting to be paid like a free safety when he's just a strong safety.

At this point I hope they sit him out this year and then trade him in the off season.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The one thing we got going for us, I believe, is that if Kam shows up next week, it would certainly be in his best interest to kick ass and take names this season to strengthen his chances for a contract rework next year. No way he would just mail it in this season. That would only hurt him more. Like players coming up on their contract year, trying to puff up their contract. This could eventually turn out pretty good when you think about it. But maybe I'm just dreaming. C'mon Kam... Get your ass back in here! We got a SB to win!

This whole thing makes BT sad... :(

I'm a defense guy, and Kam was my favorite player. He still could be, but I'm holding off on my jersey purchase right now... Thinking of going with Lynch, which would be the first offensive player jersey EVER for me...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":35vwi14b said:
Kam retweeted this about an hour ago...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Giavanni_Ruffin/status/642812859890692096[/tweet]

That doesn't seem like a guy who's planning to show up at the VMAC with his hat in hand.
The problem with this line of thought is that these scenarios are exactly what the players signed up for when they signed the CBA a few years ago. So, frankly, the teams are working solidly within the constraints of the CBA they all agreed to. So to say the NFL teams aren't honoring their contract is BS and disingenuous. Not to mention the team gives signing bonus up front that they will never get back when the cut a player. That player is then free to find a new team to pay him.

Willyeye

Reaction score
morgulon1":1ll4zwgx said:
Willyeye":1ll4zwgx said:
On any other team, Chancellor, a 5th round pick, would have been nothing but a backup. Think about the LOB...Sherman, a 5th rounder...Maxwell, a 6th rounder...Browner, undrafted...Lane, a 6th rounder...Thurmond, a 4th rounder. ET, the one DB that was a 1st round pick has become the best Safety in the NFL. These players have reached the pinnacle of success because they were coached up by Carroll and his defensive/DB coaches. No other team has done this! Realistically, Kam owes his success to the Seahawks. He appears to have no loyalty to the team that made him what he was at the end of last season. He has taken that success and spit in its face. He has decided that extortion was the best method to take care of himself, even if it means taking money away from fellow teammates.

Even us fans that are nowhere near being salary cap experts know that Kam's contract was part of a plan to build a SB winning team, and to make the longevity of success for that team last as long as possible. Kam's greed and selfishness is spoiling that plan for everyone else...his teammates, the FO, the fans, and most importantly, for himself. He just doesn't get it. He isn't helping himself here. Kam's holdout was the "Impossible Dream" from its inception. Building a team in this fashion is not easy given the salary cap that GM's must adhere to. And when the FO signed all the key players to new contracts/extensions, I believe every one of us considered them to be generous to the players. It takes insane amounts of planning to build a winning team...Kam is not stupid...he is fully aware of all of this, and yet he has chosen himself over the team.

There should be no talk of trades or appeasement (a trade would qualify as appeasement). If Kam comes back, he should be compelled to finish out his contract through 2017 for the salary he agreed to, and then be let go to Free Agency without any kind of offer for a new contract. If Kam's gratitude for the opportunity to become a wealthy, wealthy man is a holdout, what's to stop him from holding out again next year, even if they meet all of his demands? What guarantee do the Seahawks have that that would be the end of it? You see, not only does it set a bad precedent when dealing with Kam's teammates, it sets a bad precedent for future dealings with Kam.

If Kam doesn't come back, the FO should just let him sit at home for 3 seasons. This sort of behavior cannot be rewarded in any way. If it is rewarded, it will ultimately ruin everything this FO has built in the last 5 years. Why would anyone want one man, Kam Chancellor, to spoil the place where the Seahawks currently find themselves?

Damn. Nice post. But you think the Seahawks should let him sit at home and pay him? I think the one thing that's sticks in my mind is that at the beginning of this ,Kam said the front office told him that they'd redo his deal. I think that there had to be a misunderstanding on the time that they'd do it.

I still think he's hurt.

I'm pretty sure that if he sits home, even for 3 seasons, he doesn't collect a paycheck.

Regarding a promise to redo his deal, that had to be a misunderstanding. There is simply no way that the Seahawks made such a commitment...JS knew that he would be signing Wagner and Wilson this last offseason, and that they would be left with zero cap space. Kam also knew this. It was all over every Seahawks blog...it seems like every fan pretty much knew it, even though some were a bit scared that Wilson might not sign. Also, I believe that the Hawks FO is extremely fair with their contract offers/negotiations. One need just look around...Sherman, Lynch, Thomas, Avril, Wright, Wagner...all have been well taken care of. In fact, Kam is actually on this list too. I just don't understand what he's thinking. This was a lose-lose for Kam since he started this. I'm a nobody, and I could have told him he's barking up the wrong tree, and it would be much wiser to wait until at least next year.

I don't think it's due to any kind of injury. Back near the end of May, Kam was telling the media that this was the best he'd felt in his NFL career. If he was hurt, why bother saying anything to the media, or flat out lying to people. There would be nothing to gain. I also highly doubt that Kam would try to negotiate under false pretenses, knowing that he would have to have a thorough medical check before finalizing his new contract. I believe it is simply a case of Kam wanting a lot more money because he thinks he is the most important player on the team, and him not giving a crap whether the Hawks can afford to do this, not giving a crap whether they'd have to cut other players to pay him, and also not giving a crap that he'd be sending the wrong message to ALL the other players on the team, potentially leading to a mutiny that could relegate the Seahawks to a decade or two of mediocrity.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Yep,I hope the Hawks don't trade him ever,just let him get on with his life in the real world.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't know what happened, but someone along the way planted a seed in his head about NFL teams and how they can release you at anytime (which everyone already knows), and it sprouted into a tree of paranoia.

He seems obsessed to the point it's going to cost him millions if not his career. A sad situation.

Seafan

Reaction score
Kam tweets there is no "honor" in contracts? What does he think his signature meant? Not honoring his contract is not only dispicable but his comments are hypocritical and asenine.

Never trade Kam. Make an example of him.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2apv7623 said:
I'm over Kam, don't care if he ever comes back, in fact, I hope he stays away and collects his fines and doesn't collect his game checks. He's not so important that he not being here will derail the season, so let him sit at home. I'll be rooting for the 53 guys who showed up and busted their butts for this organization.

Hutch>Kam

Well Said its about the team one player does not make a team , Kam is only thinking about one person . Football is probably the biggest team sport in all sports.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2iq5w3pp said:
ihawk":2iq5w3pp said:

BINGO ME TOO :177692:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I've never been trolled so hard by a professional athlete.

Kam has gone from being my favorite player to my least favorite. Hope it was all worth it.

Please don't disrespect the team I cheer for anymore.

Rob12

Reaction score
I've finally reached my end with Chancellor. I've arrived at the point where I don't want any of this to work out. I hope the Seahawks move on from him in whatever way they see fit. If that means trading him, so be it. If that means letting him essentially retire by keeping him under the confines of his current contract, so be it. That's actually my preference. If the reports are true and Mr. Allen actually had to step in to end this madness... Well, I can't imagine another owner in the game who is more hands off and more generous, and the fact that he was forced to step in tells me all I need to know. I'll only echo the sentiments of other posters and wish that he had done it much sooner.

His Twitter and Instagram posts are disgusting to me. I know that he does not owe the fans anything, but the jabs he takes at those who question and call him on it while he proclaims himself as "God's Soldier" is twisted. He says those of us who question his actions are "below" him. And in the next post he's talking Bible verses and throwing up praying emoticons. He's steeled up right now, and I don't see this thing ending. He's propped himself up so much that I honestly question his ability to grip reality. Of course we are going to question this whole thing - this is OUR team and Chancellor has put himself exceedingly above it. Earl said they haven't talked in over a month. Love Our Brothers? That tells me all I need to know.

He's not a guy I want to root for anymore. He's just not. The Seahawks had a huge part in making him. Not only that, but they rewarded with the richest SS contract in NFL history at the time. And he calls them petty? Maybe that was somehow taken out of context, but the only time that word should come out of his mouth is if he's describing his own behavior.

Stand strong, Hawks. Let's move forward with Dion; a guy that is genuinely happy to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks. Let's trust in PC's ability to coach him up. I'm damn good with that. I really am.

This ridiculous holdout has cost Chancellor nearly $2 million. I think it's time that Mr. Allen makes him get out his check book.

Seahawks 27, Rams 10. Welcome to the league, Dion.

Latest posts