Repeating The Worst Play in Football History Today?

netskier

Reaction score
I can not forget, no matter how hard I try, that we lost our second Superbowl in a row attempt, against the Patriots, when Bevell called a slant pattern from our right, into the center, of a mass of defenders, and that pass was intercepted causing us to lose that game.

Today, we went for two points after a touchdown, and appeared to have called that play again, or something that reminded me of it, and we got intercepted, and they almost ran it back for a touchdown.

Would someone please reassure me that I am mistaken. I am almost having nightmares about this, and I am still awake.

adeltaY

Reaction score
It was the same or very similar play. Russ got intercepted earlier on the same route.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The DB seemed like he was on top of it, or worse, knew it was coming. Seemed like that was happening pretty often to our offense. Disciplined, prepared defenses have nothing to fear from our play designs.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Play call was correct, but execution was slightly off. But definitely aligned for a touchdown.

soohawk

Reaction score
that play was a joke, just like it was in the superbowl

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It was a similar play to what we ran in the Super Bowl, but not the same. Russ had options. In fact, if he would have hesitated another second, he had Jimmy all alone. His pocket would have allowed him the time. Just look to McKissick to suck the defense in and then float it over the top to Jimmy. We'll have to work on that play for February in Minny.

randomation

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3m82o5oj said:
Play call was correct, but execution was slightly off. But definitely aligned for a touchdown.
No it wasn't that's never the correct play call with a dual threat QB it takes away the threat of Russ's legs and relies way to much on every single WR executing perfectly. Stop defending every single decision Bevell makes it's insanely annoying and makes any actual points you might make immediately colored as just more defense of idiotic tendencies by Bevell. If you actually admitted he makes mistakes people might take you semi seriously.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Our idiot OC still trying to prove the “second and wrong” in XLIX was the right play call, SMDH.
He isn’t qualified to be a high school OC. Incompetence of the worst kind!

mistaowen

Reaction score
This one was even worse (obviously SB was way more significant), Redskins looked like they were fully expecting it hence the 3 defenders in the area. It's a bang-bang play call, Russ has to get the ball out quick. It's just a bad situational call, once again.

classicaaron

Reaction score
the fact that bevel never got rid of this play is just cause for firing. he is just trying to prove himself right and try to show that the play actually works when it doesn't. this was also attempted earlier in the year and was nearly picked off at that time as well. face it, the play doesn't work and never will.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Dak runs in two point conversions all the time and no one can stop him. Why can't we do that?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ukyp81w said:
It was a similar play to what we ran in the Super Bowl, but not the same. Russ had options. In fact, if he would have hesitated another second, he had Jimmy all alone. His pocket would have allowed him the time. Just look to McKissick to suck the defense in and then float it over the top to Jimmy. We'll have to work on that play for February in Minny.

ahh sorry it was the same play, though the attempt at the pick was worse. All the experts said the same thing same exact play and they were ready for it again.