Remove all doubt

xray

Reaction score
Losing the last two games ; which is likely , would make it much easier for the ' powers that be ' to make the tough decisions that have to be made in the off season .

RiverDog

Reaction score
xray":xlm3l5rh said:
Losing the last two games ; which is likely , would make it much easier for the ' powers that be ' to make the tough decisions that have to be made in the off season .

Yeah, that's a tough proposition, though. Wanting your favorite team to lose is counter intuitive and tantamount to a sacrilegious act, at least it is for me. But sometimes it's necessary in order to highlight the need for a change, to remove any lingering doubts about the problems this team faces.

Judging by what I've been reading on other sites and on social media yesterday evening and this morning, it seems as if Sunday's embarrassing loss woke up a lot of 12's and Jodi Allen would have to be deaf and dumb not to have seen the same things that we've all witnessed and heard the clamoring for action. Fan reaction is even worse than it was during this part of Jim Mora's short tenure as HC as a lot of people were making a very persuasive argument that he had been the HC for just one season and deserved more of a chance.

Now that we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and have assured ourselves of last place in our division, I don't think that the result of our last two games is going to make much of a difference. If after seeing that performance yesterday isn't enough to convince Jodi Allen that this team needs a major overhaul, losing two more lame duck games is unlikely to change her mind. The Lions game in particular is completely meaningless, less relevant than even a preseason game. I'd be shocked if she even watched it.

There needs to be a decision made on our head coach this week. There is no point in waiting any longer. If we advise Pete that he's not returning next season, then it allows us to talk to other team's head coaches about our opening and get the best possible replacement. If she wants him to stay, then saying so now puts an end to the rumors and speculation and gives Pete the moral authority with our players and the personal confidence that he'll be returning for another shot at it next season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect if they lose to Detroit the decision will be easy to make and Pete will have clearly lost his team. Sometimes you just go out with a whimper.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3c2ol1vd said:
I suspect if they lose to Detroit the decision will be easy to make and Pete will have clearly lost his team. Sometimes you just go out with a whimper.

I don't see the point in waiting for the results of the next two games. They're meaningless, and very little information that we don't already have can be derived from them as to the competency of our coaching staff.

A decision needs to be made this week. Pete either needs to be given the moral support of being publicly told by the owner that he's coming back for at least one more season so the players, coaches, and staff know exactly who the boss is or he needs to be given the chance to leave with some sense of dignity and us the opportunity to start talking to other candidates.

Jodi Allen needs to come out of her bunker and tell us what she's thinking.

nutluck

Reaction score
If Pete is not removed or at least informed he will be by the end of the year so the Hawks can start looking for a replacement this week. Then I have doubts he will be removed at all, I mean there is no reason to wait honestly and to do it now would give them a head start. Waiting is just letting other teams get a advantage.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We lost to a team that's been a loser forever, will probably jettison its head coach, and which has a first-rounder rookie that didn't show up. We lost to a team that until that game seemed to be more dysfunctional than us.

It wasn't the finger. It wasn't the weather. It was more like Duane pushes Quinn backwards and out of the way for Russ, and then Russ runs like a little cornered hamster right into Quinn. Or like Jimmy Graham (Hawks reject) getting the game winning TD followed up by Bruce Irvin (remember him?) wrapping up Russ.

Still, I kinda doubt that's enough for Jody as it is. She's closer to Pete than Jerrah Jones was to Garrett, and you saw his hesitancy until the very end. She's closer to him and to the PC/RW days than Martha Ford was to Matt Patricia. In that case it took Martha giving the reins to her daughter to force the change.

I think it's very possible we lose this game next week, and with that there will be more pressure on ownership to accept the fact and make the call.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
RiverDog":3a155875 said:
Wanting your favorite team to lose is counter intuitive and tantamount to a sacrilegious act, at least it is for me.

Its not wanting the team to lose, its expecting them to at this point.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":yl5tbefv said:
Still, I kinda doubt that's enough for Jody as it is. She's closer to Pete than Jerrah Jones was to Garrett, and you saw his hesitancy until the very end. She's closer to him and to the PC/RW days than Martha Ford was to Matt Patricia. In that case it took Martha giving the reins to her daughter to force the change.

Yeah, it's a tough spot that she's in, and it's one of the reasons why you don't want to get too personally close to your subordinate's, especially as an owner of a football team that's in the public eye and subject to so much scrutiny.

But her dilemma isn't going to get any easier. Beating a hapless Lions team that is a half game off the worst record in the league isn't going to provide her with any more information that she already has and isn't going to stop the calls for Pete's ouster. Even a win in the Cards game, against a team that has now lost 3 in a row, including an a$$ kicking courtesy of the aforementioned Lions, isn't likely to change anyone's mind. The fire Pete crowd won't be silenced by two wins in what's basically glorified preseason games and the diehard homers won't change their minds if we lose each of them by 4TD's.

She owes it to Pete. This has to be like water torture for him, like slowly pulling off the Band-Aid. He doesn't deserve to be left twisting in the wind. Nor is it fair to the players and especially the staff. They have their skins in this decision just as much as Pete does. Delaying it isn't doing anyone a favor.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RiverDog":1f0v6aoo said:
SantaClaraHawk":1f0v6aoo said:

Yeah, it's a tough spot that she's in, and it's one of the reasons why you don't want to get too personally close to your subordinate's, especially as an owner of a football team that's in the public eye and subject to so much scrutiny.

But her dilemma isn't going to get any easier. Beating a hapless Lions team that is a half game off the worst record in the league isn't going to provide her with any more information that she already has and isn't going to stop the calls for Pete's ouster. Even a win in the Cards game, against a team that has now lost 3 in a row, including an a$$ kicking courtesy of the aforementioned Lions, isn't likely to change anyone's mind. The fire Pete crowd won't be silenced by two wins in what's basically glorified preseason games and the diehard homers won't change their minds if we lose each of them by 4TD's.

She owes it to Pete. This has to be like water torture for him, like slowly pulling off the Band-Aid. He doesn't deserve to be left twisting in the wind. Nor is it fair to the players and especially the staff. They have their skins in this decision just as much as Pete does. Delaying it isn't doing anyone a favor.
There isn’t even much to protect anymore from a business stand point.

I saw a lot of empty seats, snow or not. This team usually fill seats in December and these empty at home seats and a nationally televised games being removed should now be felt by Jody Allen.

If she is only fixing things to make the Seahawks money now, one of them has got to be fill the seats again with wins.

Getting rid of the coach and a QB that clearly has his agenda, he wanted to play before he “could,” he has only been a detriment to the team is what’s best for the team, it’s staff, the stadium staff, the city revenue, the team value, etc.

Let’s not mince words, business wise, Allen is losing money with Carroll and Wilson.

Both need to be removed now at the end of this season.

This team has become a laughingstock, embarrassment.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":jyeweag2 said:
RiverDog":jyeweag2 said:
Wanting your favorite team to lose is counter intuitive and tantamount to a sacrilegious act, at least it is for me.

Its not wanting the team to lose, its expecting them to at this point.

^
I never implied 'wanting the Hawks ' to lose . I implied , that if that did happen ; if ownership etc. were on the fence now about major changes, then losing out might nudge them in the right direction .

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
If no major shakeups for the Hawks happen this off-season ; then ownership is the problem . IMO

pmedic920

Reaction score
RiverDog":2p6wh1rh said:
jammerhawk":2p6wh1rh said:

I don't see the point in waiting for the results of the next two games. They're meaningless, and very little information that we don't already have can be derived from them as to the competency of our coaching staff.

A decision needs to be made this week. Pete either needs to be given the moral support of being publicly told by the owner that he's coming back for at least one more season so the players, coaches, and staff know exactly who the boss is or he needs to be given the chance to leave with some sense of dignity and us the opportunity to start talking to other candidates.

Jodi Allen probably has very little knowledge on what it takes for an NFL team to be successful.

The only prayer/hope we have is that whoever is advising her “knows the ropes”, and has the SEAHAWKS in the best interest.

RiverDog

Reaction score
pmedic920":dyqcca9w said:
RiverDog":dyqcca9w said:

Jodi Allen probably has very little knowledge on what it takes for an NFL team to be successful.

The only prayer/hope we have is that whoever is advising her “knows the ropes”, and has the SEAHAWKS in the best interest.

I'm sure that a 66 year old female that doesn't come from a football family doesn't have as much detailed knowledge of the game as most of us in this forum do. But that's not necessary in order for her to be a competent owner. As a matter of fact, I'd almost prefer that she didn't know much detail about the game as it could make her over confident and rely on her own personal opinion rather than that of the experts she's surrounded herself with. Some of the best people I worked for didn't know a damn thing about the business but had the common sense and intuition to know who to trust and who not to.

So we'll see. This is the first true crisis that she's had to face since she inherited the team where she's going to be called on to make a decision. All I'm saying is that she needs to make that call now, and whatever she decides, make a public statement either supporting Pete's continuing in his job or announcing his pending departure.

Hawker55

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ea7t48hz said:

Agree with your take, and your quote is spot on...

WarHawks

Reaction score
xray":2gydmmlw said:
If no major shakeups for the Hawks happen this off-season ; then ownership is the problem . IMO

+1