Really interesting Geno breakdown

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Found this on YouTube. This young man seems to know his stuff and he's very excited about our incumbent starter.

I have to say I do have a feeling Geno will regress to the mean as we play better defences but this guy makes a compelling case that I might be wrong. It will be very interesting moving forward.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Found this on YouTube. This young man seems to know his stuff and he's very excited about our incumbent starter.

I have to say I do have a feeling Geno will regress to the mean as we play better defences but this guy makes a compelling case that I might be wrong. It will be very interesting moving forward.

He's melding with not only his O-Line, but DK & Lockett as well.
Folks are bracketing him as though 'He's Already Hit His Ceiling' and won't be able to progress, and I'm going to go out on a limb say it now...Geno is growing in his confidence, and EXECUTION.
DK had his best outing this last game, look for him to go into attack mode.
This ain't your Russell Wilson Offense, with an upward trajectory, Geno is optimizing Waldron's system.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think all players play thinking the next game will be their best ever. But 'best ever' only happens once. We'll just have to wait and see where Geno's trail leads us. Of course I'm rooting for him because in terms of team success where he goes we go.

I still question his ability to make it through an entire season without getting injured.

toffee

Reaction score
I am a Geno homer, but we mustn't forgot Russ had half a season of cooking and Derek Carr was in the MVP hunt for half a season also, those two could do no wrong until defense figured them out. How long will Geno's glass slippers stay on him? who knows, but he does have some skill and there's no reason to doubt him at this point.

BASF

Reaction score
I still question his ability to make it through an entire season without getting injured.
Why exactly? The only games he has missed as a starter was when he was benched in 2014. He had a couple of knee injuries as a backup and one sucker punch.

Slick

Reaction score
This was great analysis. I also think it is cool to see pocket awareness highlighted and audible stuff. Fully understanding that things can change we’ll all be clamoring for Sean Mannion in four weeks, I hope we’re seeing the fully realized version of Geno taking what’s given and mitigating turnovers.

nwHawk

Reaction score
As the young tackles and offensive line continue to improve and gel, I think it’s possible Geno really could shine.

White Devil

Reaction score
Yep, watched this video last night and was looking to see if it was posted anywhere on here. It's a great breakdown of what Geno is seeing and how he's "doing what he's told to do" in the situation. Really impressed with Geno and very happy for him as a person.

toffee

Reaction score
Imagine Geno, with his football IQ, having to walk over with his clipboard and start kissing up to the dude that just went 3-and-out by ignoring layups and running in circles. He did that for years, gotta ate him alive inside :)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Imagine Geno, with his football IQ, having to walk over with his clipboard and start kissing up to the dude that just went 3-and-out by ignoring layups and running in circles. He did that for years, gotta ate him alive inside :)
I imagine that being behind Russell helped him though. He got to see how Wilson managed to pull success out of seemingly thin air... but also see where Russ failed by ignoring the gameplan.

Sometimes you can appreciate why or how something should be done a certain way better when you can watch from outside of the situation.

Geno probably appreciates the value of delivering the ball on-time and assessing the defense at the line because he saw how many yards our team left on the field because of someone else not doing those things and he even got to be right there on the sidelines appreciating in real-time the coaches reactions to those mistakes.

As I'm typing this, it actually strikes me that our backup QB situation has played out the exact opposite of how people viewed it.

Typically, there are two QB setups: One, where the starting QB is your star and you've got a serviceable backup who you hope to never use.
Two, your starter is an aging journeyman/former star who you're only starting so the talented prospect who you really want to put out there can learn and be ready to go.

Everyone thought we were in situation 1, but it seems we were closer to situation 2.

toffee

Reaction score
I imagine that being behind Russell helped him though. He got to see how Wilson managed to pull success out of seemingly thin air... but also see where Russ failed by ignoring the gameplan.

Sometimes you can appreciate why or how something should be done a certain way better when you can watch from outside of the situation.

Geno probably appreciates the value of delivering the ball on-time and assessing the defense at the line because he saw how many yards our team left on the field because of someone else not doing those things and he even got to be right there on the sidelines appreciating in real-time the coaches reactions to those mistakes.

As I'm typing this, it actually strikes me that our backup QB situation has played out the exact opposite of how people viewed it.

Typically, there are two QB setups: One, where the starting QB is your star and you've got a serviceable backup who you hope to never use.
Two, your starter is an aging journeyman/former star who you're only starting so the talented prospect who you really want to put out there can learn and be ready to go.

Everyone thought we were in situation 1, but it seems we were closer to situation 2.
Good analysis

djb28

Reaction score
LOL. I just watched it and copied the link to post this same vid. Yes, good stuff!

Latest posts