Rayshawn Jenkins picked Hawks over 9ers.

toffee

Reaction score
He said after the 9ers matched our offer:
“I wanted to go to a contender. I wanted to go to a bigger market,” Jenkins said (via Seahawks.com). “I felt like Seattle was the perfect place. Plenty of opportunity, a team with a head coach that’s defensive minded.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but he must be confused. 49ers are contenders and a bigger market.

Seahawks are about 1-2 years away from contending if we're being honest. Glad he chose to play here, but the reasons he gave are odd.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It was about money... State income tax vs no state income tax

jeremiah

Reaction score
He shunned Shanahan to play for young Macdonald, that's all there's to it.
Would anyone want to play in Frisco? At least in Seattle, you can live in a nice neighborhood away from the tent people. You get to practice on Lake Washington. Then again, FRISCO? It is a dump and has been since Dirty Harry retired.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Last year there was a young player for the 49ers who looked at his 1st paycheck and was shocked at the amount of taxes that were taking out a teammate told him “Welcome to California “

One thing about the NFL if your team plays a road game in California you have to pay California taxes

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Would anyone want to play in Frisco? At least in Seattle, you can live in a nice neighborhood away from the tent people. You get to practice on Lake Washington. Then again, FRISCO? It is a dump and has been since Dirty Harry retired.
I don't know that Seattle (or Kirkland, or Redmond, or Bellevue) has much in the way of bragging rights over San Francisco regarding homeless encampments or graffiti or other similar blights. I was just there last week, and traffic on the 405, including right next to VMAC (and that whole area, really, not just on the freeway) was insane.

They do, however, still have no income tax.

Also, I'm quite sure housing prices, food prices, gasoline prices, etc., near VMAC are a lot better than they are in the San Francisco/Santa Clara region.

Still not as good as Idaho though.
Idaho gas prices 5 20 24

Last edited:

The Breh

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, there's an excitement behind the continued rejuvenation coach Mac provides for those defensive players he coaches.
Maybe, just maybe, other players aren't jumping at the chance to play for the team who continues to cone up short. That will have declined if they don't make the NCFCG again, and can only improve if the Lombardi is hoisted.
These two teams are heading in different directions.
I don't know enough about him to be stoked he chose us, but taxes aside - there could also be football reasons behind his choice.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don't know that Seattle (or Kirkland, or Redmond, or Bellevue) has much in the way of bragging rights over San Francisco regarding homeless encampments or graffiti or other similar blights. I was just there last week, and traffic on the 405, including right next to VMAC (and that whole area, really, not just on the freeway) was insane.

Also, I'm quite sure housing prices, food prices, gasoline prices, etc., near VMAC are a lot better than they are in the San Francisco/Santa Clara region.

View attachment 66263
Haha. If I don’t hit the Maverick (truck/diesel), I usually go to that gas station.

cymatica

Reaction score

View attachment 66263
Whaaa? Kirkland, Redmond, and Bellevue are pretty clean. I seriously can't even think of seeing any homeless encampments in those areas and I drive through all those areas frequently. Seattle has definitely gone downhill in the last 10-15 years though

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

My fiancé and I went back up there to King County to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day (we live in Astoria OR now as of last November) and we were floored with the traffic, aggressiveness and chaos we felt on the roads. Mix in the shit show Seattle is now and it’s just plain sad.

We could not WAIT to get back to home. Much slower pace and chill vibe by the ocean. Highly recommended for anyone lol.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Whaaa? Kirkland, Redmond, and Bellevue are pretty clean. I seriously can't even think of seeing any homeless encampments in those areas and I drive through all those areas frequently. Seattle has definitely gone downhill in the last 10-15 years though
I didn't bother to investigate. I just got my impression from what I could see from south 405, and that was mainly that there was a lot of graffiti. The homeless blight was pretty minimal, but there was still evidence of it.

But as bad as the traffic was, I was glad there weren't any protesters blocking traffic on the freeway when I went through there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I didn't bother to investigate. I just got my impression from what I could see from south 405, and that was mainly that there was a lot of graffiti. The homeless blight was pretty minimal, but there was still evidence of it.

But as bad as the traffic was, I was glad there weren't any protesters blocking traffic on the freeway when I went through there.
I'm pretty sure any "traffic blockers" would have quickly turned in to "grease spots." At least in Alaska. Between icy winter roads, pot hole filled summers, and distracted drivers, stepping anywhere near the pavement is taking your life in your (Edward Scissor) hands.

What cracks me up about California is, they're the state that is known for drivers shooting at each other. :p

JPatera76

Reaction score
My fiancé and I went back up there to King County to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day (we live in Astoria OR now as of last November) and we were floored with the traffic, aggressiveness and chaos we felt on the roads. Mix in the shit show Seattle is now and it’s just plain sad.

We could not WAIT to get back to home. Much slower pace and chill vibe by the ocean. Highly recommended for anyone lol.
100% when my wife and I flew up there last November. We moved away from there to Iowa… and yeah I personally prefer the way slower pace here lol

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure any "traffic blockers" would have quickly turned in to "grease spots." At least in Alaska. Between icy winter roads, pot hole filled summers, and distracted drivers, stepping anywhere near the pavement is taking your life in your (Edward Scissor) hands.

What cracks me up about California is, they're the state that is known for drivers shooting at each other. :p
Were I not intending to fly later this year, it would be tempting to encounter some idiots who have decided to glue themselves to the road or something. I can think of some imaginative things to do with such people.
But the last thing I want to do is get myself on any sort of watch list, especially one that could inhibit my travel.

When I was an instructor in the Marine Corps, I used to tell my students to pick their felonies wisely. If they're going to do something that's going to land them in prison, make damned sure it's worth it first. Most things aren't worth that cost.

hawks85

Reaction score
I live in Sea-Tac by the airport. I don't go south that much, but I drove through Tacoma, now that place is a shit hole of a town. I was driving down South Tacoma way and there was people literally walking in the middle of the street talking to themselves without a care in the world. There was homeless people at every gas station I drove by.