Rashaad Penny visits Seattle

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The Eagles had him healthy and on a minimum salary. He finished the season with 33 yards on 11 carries. I have to imagine he's pretty much done.
While this is true, it's hard to defend the wisdom of the Eagles offensive staff after the year they had. That said, yeah, he's probably done or close to it. I'd imagine they have a good idea of where he's at after this visit.

bileever

Reaction score
I like it.

Last year was his first year after a serious injury, so no surprise he was a nonfactor. He didn't just break his leg in his last year with the Seahawks, he also tore two ligaments. Bring the man back!

I prefer DeeJay Dallas, but not at $8.25 million/3 years.

Rat

Reaction score
While this is true, it's hard to defend the wisdom of the Eagles offensive staff after the year they had. That said, yeah, he's probably done or close to it. I'd imagine they have a good idea of where he's at after this visit.
Yeah, no harm in bringing him in for a look. I just don't think this is a case of Schneider being smarter than everyone else.

getnasty

Reaction score
The Eagles had him healthy and on a minimum salary. He finished the season with 33 yards on 11 carries. I have to imagine he's pretty much done.

Who knows what the story was in Philly. All I know is when he was heathly for us he always 5+ ypc. He has always seemed a little on the heavy side of things which make me think maybe he doesn't take conditioning real serious but who knows.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
If you can get him cheap, then hell yeah, add him to the RB room. As long as you're not relying on the guy then there\'s no harm and might get you out of a bind if other guys go down.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He has always seemed a little on the heavy side of things which make me think maybe he doesn't take conditioning real serious but who knows.
I agree.

I'd rather us draft a RB than sign Penney. He's had his opportunities, but they didn't work out. Hell, I'd even settle for an UDFA RB.

Time to move on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Don't Hawks have a lot of RB's already? Perhaps Hawks should look where we need help...slapping a rb on the wall to see if it sticks isn't going to help any need.

12forlife

Reaction score
I guess kick the tires and see if after a low usage year, if he is 100% healthy? Then I would be ok on a vet min 4th RB, for what he offers when healthy? What's the word on Kenny Mac? Is he healthy and ready to contribute as our #3 RB?

SuperHawk2

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, one of the reasons we grabbed Penny was because he was healthy in college and we passed on Nick Chubbs because he wasn't, and the exact opposite ended up happening in the pros. Nick tore it up pretty good for awhile, he missed a few games.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Come on guys, the physical therapy trainers need to work on somebody. He'll keep them (all) in their jobs all season.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
If he was brought in it would be camp fodder most likely. If he doesn’t make the 53 they basically owe him nothing. Also if he doesn’t get gator rolled breaking and tearing his leg the last year in Seattle things could be very different.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
At Vet minimum, why not look him over? Utilize him in training camp as another body. See how he works out with a focus on the new special teams twist. I see JS getting at least 2 or 3 more RBs just for training camp.

samwize77

Reaction score
Taking up a roster spot? No, theres other needs for depth. Looky but no touchy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mike M knows about teams that are decimated with RB injuries....Ravens have had just as bad luck with injuries to JK Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Keaton Mitchell, last season. During the season, they added Melvin Gordon and Dalvin Cook to their rb stable.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’d rather see what McIntosh can do. He will be hungry to show his stuff.

Penny will just get hurt and disappear. I’d prefer some other team pays the injury settlement.

Vet. Min deal is all I’d pay. He does have skill but can’t stay healthy.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’d rather see what McIntosh can do. He will be hungry to show his stuff.

Penny will just get hurt and disappear. I’d prefer some other team pays the injury settlement.

Vet. Min deal is all I’d pay. He does have skill but can’t stay healthy.
Signing Penny would not limit seeing what McIntosh can do. We know that Penny is talented. We know more about him than McIntosh. Let them battle it out in camp for the 3rd string RB.