Rapoport: Seahawks Claimed Josh Gordon!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’ve always liked Gordon.

If he’s about playing football and not smoking anymore, the Seahawks locker room personality I believe may be a loose enough locker room that he can remain himself and enjoy playing here. We’ll see. But I like it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Belichick boot camp/high structure environment doesn't work well for everyone, and it sounds like this is the core issue as to why Gordon was released.

As far as pot use, it's really unfair that the NFL insists on testing at all. At his physical here, he could easily piss positive for THC even if his last use was a month ago. But as he's on the NFL radar, maybe the team should insist he do AA/NA meetings at least until he gets off the radar. Like they say, one day at a time.

I've seen him this year, and he seems promising. He's low risk (and $) and potentially a high-reward target for Russ that can (unlike Diggs) be physically deployed if not now then by the Niners matchup.

nanomoz

Reaction score
lukerguy":30o9n4oa said:
If he lights it up, and someone else signs him to a 1 year deal, the Hawks could conceivably get a compensatory pick for him....Another small silver lining.

I see what you did there.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
It's amazing how much internet ink is spilled on these forums discussing guys that will make no impact on the field.

If you don't know by now that Josh Gordon is a waste of time then you are a casual.

Pete and John leave no "stoned"unturned so naturally they were going to bring him in for a look. They will discover what every other team has: Josh Gordon is not dedicated to his job.

If he somehow cons our coaches into giving him another shot then he will vulture snaps from players who actually love the game, are passionately dedicated to their craft, and "always compete". That would be criminal.

Fortunately, Josh will be gone faster than you can say Jachai Polite.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2m6wo34x said:
Wonder how much this was to keep him away from the WR starved 49ers. Hold him on the roster a couple weeks then release him

Best reason for signing him thus far

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It'd be hilarious if Pete Carroll's atmosphere was what finally got Gordon's head screwed on the right way and he became consistently awesome for us, lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell if going to give him some of his Miracle Water and he will lead the league in yards the second half of the season.

Mick063

Reaction score
Never was a fan of Jaron Brown.

Hope that is who the intended replacement is.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkerD":238sikqv said:
Mad Dog":238sikqv said:
Wonder how much this was to keep him away from the WR starved 49ers. Hold him on the roster a couple weeks then release him

Best reason for signing him thus far

Zero chance whatsoever the 9ers were bringing in Gordon.

Good luck with him off course, but if that's why they brought him in it's a bonkers mistake.

(Worth saying I don't believe for a second that's why they brought him in)

massari

Reaction score
soon
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1190067038364012544[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":1d1fhmpz said:
hawksfansinceday1":1d1fhmpz said:
Bad karma lvnginhwktwn....er, "Washington 49er"

Oh c'mon, this from the people who created "Pakaki"
Your join date says November 27, 2018. You wouldn’t know about Papaki unless you were here well, well, well before that.
Congrats on proving me and others right and outing yourself LivinginHawktown. Oops.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12lmw6tb said:
Washington49er":12lmw6tb said:
hawksfansinceday1":12lmw6tb said:
Bad karma lvnginhwktwn....er, "Washington 49er"

Oh c'mon, this from the people who created "Pakaki"
Your join date says November 27, 2018. You wouldn’t know about Papaki unless you were here well, well, well before that.
Congrats on proving me and others right and outing yourself LivinginHawktown. Oops.
:snack:

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks were already sitting on 7 WRs . 27 other teams passed on Gordon before the Hawks claimed him ! Why?
Carroll and Co. look desperate on this one . IMO

jammerhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":158bjz9s said:
Something is gonna to come out on Gordon pretty soon, still don't know why the Patriots would release him.

The Patriots had no choice because of the way he was put on IR, Gordon was placed on IR under a "minor injury designation". In short he had to be waived. I suspect they thought he might clear waivers because of his drug suspension history and they could get him back. The nonsense about locker room troubles seems to feel more like spin to me.

Of course he could actually be close to one more suspension away from yet again another long vacation from playing in the NFL again. That would mean the Pats knew and had run out of patience with Gordon.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Gordon is a FA at the end of the season. Presuming 'he lights it up' (footballwise) and is a commodity in free agency could the team get a comp pick on him as a midseason waiver claim acquisition presuming some other team pays big for him? I don't know the comp pick rules on this type of situation, but know someone here will. Any idea?

He's nowhere near close to being anything like Percy who cost the team several draft picks and a huge salary while being a locker room cancer, whenever he chose to play or was even available. Gordon just seems to like his weed too much and can't figure out how to pee clean. He could be an amazing addition or a brief visitor to the team depending upon his desire to play and and stay clean. he is an exceptionally talented WR. His addition certainly improves the talent level at WR. However this means the team now has 8 WRs on the 53 man roster. I could see the team releasing Brown or Moore or making other roster moves at WR.

pmedic920

Reaction score
lukerguy":363zd2x9 said:
If he lights it up, and someone else signs him to a 1 year deal, the Hawks could conceivably get a compensatory pick for him....Another small silver lining.

Lol!

“If he lights it up”

Bazinga

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Good one pmedic :D , made me laugh.

Thanks for the response, thought i'd read somewhere that the team would get a comp pick for the player presuming he was big contract type in FA, b/c of his short time on the roster.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Before the Pats cut him for being uncommitted and for not being the explosive player he had been for one year seven years ago, they signed him for a 1 year, 2 million dollar deal. After that 27 teams passed on taking him on that same low risk/low dollar deal.

Even if he makes a meaningful impact for the Seahawks, hoping to get a comp pick for him is a bridge too far, IMO.

For whatever reason PC loves taking these reclamation project flyers.

The real message to me with this is that after realizing that he'd lost his locker room and clearing things out and rebooting, it didn't take any time at all for him to go back to his old ways.

I'm not rooting against Gordon, but I do find that part surprising.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
'Hoping for a comp pick?', I'm not even sure the team is eligible to get one on this deal presuming the rest of the necessary steps.

If the team does acquire a comp pick, JS will look pretty smart in making this waiver claim.

How is Pete reverting to his old ways on this? Sounds like sour grapes to me. All in all Gordon has demonstrated he can be a high level talent at WR, if he's available for the cost of a half season of contract why wouldn't you take a chance on seeing if you make him fit with your team. Risk to reward seems to be worth taking that chance.

Why does each thread meander off course into the perpetual anti-Pete nonsense? The thread is about Gordon and not Carroll.