Rapoport: Seahawks Claimed Josh Gordon!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If this means I don't have to watch Jaron Brown anymore that alone makes it worth it.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":530rfi0r said:
bevellisthedevil":530rfi0r said:
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room. His problems are self inflicted and he is his own worst enemy. This acquisition is most likely going to be harder on fans than it will be for the team. Don't get me wrong I am rooting for him to do well and he is an extraordinary weapon when right mentally and physically.

I am hoping for a Chris Carter like rebirth and he balls out and take us to the next level but I am prepared for disappointment.

What are you talking about? He has no personality problem. You are literally making stuff up and using it to form an opinion.

Jesus, doesn't anyone read anymore?

2_0_6

Reaction score
This move was strictly done to get more info on the Pats offense before February. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":37raf1d5 said:
Rat":37raf1d5 said:
bevellisthedevil":37raf1d5 said:
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room.

His personality isn't a problem, it's his addictions. I've never heard of any locker room issues with him.

Exactly what I said. Personality doesn't seem to be an issue.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, misread what you wrote.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":38jdof9l said:
ImTheScientist":38jdof9l said:
What are you talking about? He has no personality problem. You are literally making stuff up and using it to form an opinion.

Enlighten us. I have read and followed Josh Gordon quite a bit and but have not heard his locker room personality be a concern.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1g65x950 said:
bevellisthedevil":1g65x950 said:
ImTheScientist":1g65x950 said:

Enlighten us. I have read and followed Josh Gordon quite a bit and but have not heard his locker room personality be a concern.

Again, read my post.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2p2z8qnr said:
Josh Gordon should be treated as a luxury and someone the franchise can never rely upon.

It is unfortunate, but if you think Josh Gordon will NOW be clean on his Nth+1 chance then you are mistaken.

We only owe Gordon barely 1M if he doesn't work out.

It's a no lose gamble. Either he gets his poop together and helps us win a couple games, or he doesn't work out and gets cut or is a minor role player for the rest of the year.

Bottom line, Gordon's upside is certainly worth kicking the tires on him in our offense vs. 1M.

Jville

Reaction score
An eight wide receiver? Really? Half way thru the season?

Is it really this hard to find someone who can make Russell happy and fit into his offense?

There is this for all the our PFF subscribers .................. [tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1190374140009566208[/tweet]

Gordan's next step will be to pass a physical. He does bring to the forum mid season interest and distraction. :229031_shrug:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Regarding Gordon as a teammate:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle
#Seahawks LB Mychal Kendricks was a teammate of Josh Gordon’s for half a training camp in CLE. “He was cool, man. Just a cool dude.” On SEA claiming Gordon off waivers today: “It’s lit. It’s REAL lit.”

Also, Pete Carroll is pretty clear, they are 'taking a look', and there is no long term commitment at this time.

“He’s a unique talent. Next week, we’ll take a look and see what he looks like,” Carroll said. “He’s done a lot of good stuff and made a lot of good plays. We’ll find out more next week.”

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Like every Seahawks fan I would love for this to turn into a Seahawks success story, but his track record, along with the Patriots' release of him and the fact that none of the 27 teams before us snagged him, gives me great pause. That said...

If. The Seahawks sign Antonio Brown this evening. Go 5 wideouts for the entire game Monday Night and allow Wilson to run the same play over and over: "Get Open, Guys." Beat the 49ers then cut AB and let Josh do the inevitable return to some opium den. Seahawks win the NFC West by one game. Schneider for Executive of the Year.

Osprey

Reaction score
Jville":3nbs6lm2 said:
An eight wide receiver? Really? Half way thru the season?

Is it really this hard to find someone who can make Russell happy and fit into his offense?

There is this for all the our PFF subscribers .................. [tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1190374140009566208[/tweet]

Gordan's next step will be to pass a physical. He does bring to the forum mid season interest and distraction. :229031_shrug:
Safety depth?

:sarcasm_off:

Cirmman

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2wjr7qhs said:
bevellisthedevil":2wjr7qhs said:
Not a huge fan of this. Seahawks are always looking for a shiny new toy. The upside is that Gordon's personality doesn't spread like a cancer through the locker room. His problems are self inflicted and he is his own worst enemy. This acquisition is most likely going to be harder on fans than it will be for the team. Don't get me wrong I am rooting for him to do well and he is an extraordinary weapon when right mentally and physically.

I am hoping for a Chris Carter like rebirth and he balls out and take us to the next level but I am prepared for disappointment.

Maybe

Tom Curran of NBCSportsBoston.com said this morning on PFT Live that there were rumblings in New England about the team having problems with Gordon being late to meetings, coaches having a hard time locating him, and generally Gordon not displaying the kind of work ethic that Bill Belichick demands

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16vmjpfk said:
fridayfrenzy":16vmjpfk said:
Josh Gordon should be treated as a luxury and someone the franchise can never rely upon.

It is unfortunate, but if you think Josh Gordon will NOW be clean on his Nth+1 chance then you are mistaken.

We only owe Gordon barely 1M if he doesn't work out.

It's a no lose gamble. Either he gets his poop together and helps us win a couple games, or he doesn't work out and gets cut or is a minor role player for the rest of the year.

Bottom line, Gordon's upside is certainly worth kicking the tires on him in our offense vs. 1M.

My gut feeling is that something is coming down the pipe about a suspension. The Pats may have moved on before anything official was released. Josh Gordon was playing almost 90% of the snaps for New England and then poof...they release him.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Cirmman":2jn3ceia said:
ImTheScientist":2jn3ceia said:
bevellisthedevil":2jn3ceia said:

Maybe

Tom Curran of NBCSportsBoston.com said this morning on PFT Live that there were rumblings in New England about the team having problems with Gordon being late to meetings, coaches having a hard time locating him, and generally Gordon not displaying the kind of work ethic that Bill Belichick demands

Yeah. He had to present significant attitude or behavior issues or the Pats would never have let him go with their lack of receiver talent. Still. Maybe he can help us beat the Niners before he wears out his welcome here.

Mizak

Reaction score
The Patriots released him for a reason.

They know something is about to come out regarding Gordon.

knownone

Reaction score
John Clayton is now 0-3 when he says ‘not a chance’ to a potential Seahawk move. First trading Clark, then trading for Clowney, now claiming Gordon.

If this pans out, we are a matchup nightmare for every team in the league. When was the last time one team had arguably the two biggest and fastest receivers in the league?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
ESPN Radio this morning had his destination almost certain for Miami. Mentioned a couple of other possibilities bu Seahawks was not one of them.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Mizak":2uhci2z6 said:
The Patriots released him for a reason.

They know something is about to come out regarding Gordon.

Maybe, but it's been known for over a week that the Pats were going to cut him once he got healthy. In the past, the news on his suspensions have come out sooner.

It sounds like a work ethic issue, which isn't nothing, but hey for what we're paying him... whatever. This doesn't really have the potential to tank our season or our cap or anything like that.