Raashad Penny

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
5 carries for 8 yards (1.6 yards per carry average) last night.

He's looked absolutely pathetic thus far.

Great that you shed weight and "feel like you're back in high school" Rashaad, but the fanbase deserves to see some degree of improvement at this point.

Penny has now played 27 games for the Seahawks in three years. His average......2.3 yards.

Bottom line: Alex Collins is outplaying this guy and I don't think it's even close.

Arguably the most frustrating first round pick in ages.

Rat

Reaction score
It's difficult to be encouraged. If you draft a RB in the first round, he better be spectacularly good. He has been an absolute failure so far.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
To be fair, he's had all second string offensive line blocking for him so far.
There really weren't any holes for him to find

Spohawks

Reaction score
The whole thing is just sad! Pete can't admit he screwed up on a 1st round pick and they keep shuffling Penny out there just to look bad.

I am not sold on Collins, yeah a couple of flashes but nah.
If 1st and 2nd string was selected by value, it would be Carson/Dallas. However we are dealing with egos....shuffle Penny back out.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Put him behind the #1 line and give him plays that are suited to his strength. Up the gut power plays are not what he does best. I saw one play last night where both Penny and Collins were in the backfield. It made me excited for some potential big plays during the regular season. Carson is good between the tackles. Penny is good turning the corner. With the two of them lined up in the backfield together defenses will have a much harder time keying on the play. This should open up big play potential for both of them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":1qj0eidr said:

Great that you shed weight and "feel like you're back in high school" Rashaad, but the fanbase deserves to see some degree of improvement at this point.

Penny has now played 27 games for the Seahawks in three years. His average......2.3 yards.

Bottom line: Alex Collins is outplaying this guy and I don't think it's even close.

Sorry but the bolded is factually incorrect. Here are his stats -
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PennRa00.htm

Could he be more productive? Absolutely but his totals are not as bad as you portray them to be.

Elemas

Reaction score
Didn’t like the Penny pick but had hope as folks on this forum said to. Still not sold on Dallas. But, if I had to pick between the two….

Maybe it’s time to move on. I’ll make this thread again next year but the title will be LJ Collier.

seabowl

Reaction score
How would have Chubb looked in a Hawks uniform right about now?

Vesuve

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":24tqilw1 said:

Yup. Since he came here.

Hey, Penny: we're not in high school. It's the NFL.

Penny won't pan out.

Certainly hope he does but I have no expectations for him. Hope I'm wrong.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":2spj7avp said:

That's honestly the most frustrating thing about the Penny draft.
But at the time, Chubb was coming off a major knee injury. Penny had never been injured

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3j2lnol5 said:
seabowl":3j2lnol5 said:

That's honestly the most frustrating thing about the Penny draft.
But at the time, Chubb was coming off a major knee injury. Penny had never been injured

Great point. We won't know if Chubb would have been as good on the Seahawks as he has been with the Browns. He is running behind a top 5 OL in Cleveland. That's definitely not the case here in Seattle. It could be argued Chubb may have the same struggles if he was drafted by the Seahawks. If that were the case, I would bet that those ragging on Penny would be doing the same with Chubb.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hated the pick, but don't hate Penny. Like I don't hate LJ or Ifedi or all the other picks the FO reached on. They are to blame.

Penny has talent and home run ability hopefully it comes together for him.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Pretty sure Chubb would at least have eclipsed 1000 total career rushing yards with the Seahawks by now which Penny has yet to do.

ryank24

Reaction score
No need to make up bogus stats to try to prove your point. Penny is averaging 5.1 yards per carry over his 27 games...not 2.3. His problem isn't that he looks bad on the field, it's that he hasn't been available. Hopefully he stays healthy this year because I'd love to see him succeed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes he played behind backups but the OP is dead on. If it looks like a bust, smells like bust....

BASF

Reaction score
Aros":1w1mlgo0 said:
Yes he played behind backups but the OP is dead on. If it looks like a bust, smells like bust....

How can anyone call a player that has not been healthy a bust? The term is supposed to denote someone who has underperformed when he has the opportunities. Penny when he has been available has not played to the level of a bust.

themunn

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":33aiaz8j said:

?
He has a 5.1 yard career avg?