Quite honestly..we’re not that great. Playoffs?!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My opinion hasn't changed since the beginning of the season, this team is a fringe WC roster that if it can develop as the season goes along will challenge SF for the division.

But if not? Then this team is going to struggle until the very last week of the season to get the #5 or #6 WC seed.

That's kinda where we're at now. Yeah tied for 1st in the west, but the Niners have already played most of their "gauntlet" games against the best NFC teams we're about to play.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
My only hope is o-line help returning, running the ball and shutting down the run, before Lamar we were good at run stop.

I think it's realistic with Lucas back more dissly.

That is close to the lob framework including ugly close games.

toffee

Reaction score
From the Washington game:

The bad:
  1. defense allowed 2 TDs in the 4th, otherwise, one should take 12 points in 3 quarters as good performance.
  2. offense couldn't make key plays in 3 quarters, which led to a bunch of field goals.
  3. 4/14 3rd down conversion, see (2) above.
  4. allowed 7/15 third down conversions.
  5. run defense, allowed 4.9 average
The good:
  1. offense did have 27 first downs, and 495 yards.
  2. 74 offense plays vs 61 defense snaps. that is winning formula right there.
  3. offense did wake up in the 4th when it counts, all three big $$ players, Geno, Lockett, and DK delivered.
  4. our place kicker, dude should be the game MVP.
  5. YAC, screen plays and TEs catching passes.
  6. Washington scored 30+ points on the Eagles, we more or less contained them.
If our offense made couple three key 3rd down conversions, and our defense didn't relax in the 4th, this could have been a 35-19. My 2p.

Last edited:

NJHawk

Reaction score
Another one and done in the playoffs, if lucky. 1 and 4 is realistic over the next 5. We never seem to do a full rebuild just plug holes, this keeps us competitive but never true contenders. As a long time fan, I want to be a contender ,with a real shot.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
My opinion hasn't changed since the beginning of the season, this team is a fringe WC roster that if it can develop as the season goes along will challenge SF for the division.

But if not? Then this team is going to struggle until the very last week of the season to get the #5 or #6 WC seed.

That's kinda where we're at now. Yeah tied for 1st in the west, but the Niners have already played most of their "gauntlet" games against the best NFC teams we're about to play.
This is it right here.

Exactly, my same sentiments.

cymatica

Reaction score
“Virtue signaling” you just love your catch phrases you learned on the news.
You can fan any way you want, and others will be free to call you out on your lame ass negativity and baseless and dumb hot takes.
I think most of the negative posters here ride the “win the SB” or they suck train knowing that winning it all is a low percentage outcome for virtually every team. This way they feel like they knew what nobody else did when the team falls short.
Don’t worry, I will give you the attaboy if you turn out right against all those odds stacked…with you. Lulz
Damn dude, get a life and don't worry about how other people react to a game on an Internet forum designed to have different people express different opinions. Right or wrong, I call it how I see it. Sometimes it's more negative sometimes more positive, kind of depends on the over all game experience and level of competition.

The only lame ass negativity is the kind directed at people who don't fit your approved reactions after a game. It's pretty ironic you say baseless and dumb hot takes when all your post is a baseless take and assumptions.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Were a "precarious" 6-3 and were good, not great. It feels like the Defense continues to improve despite some infuriating lapses. missed tackles, missed coverage assignments, pre snap penalties etc.
The offense is regressing due to injuries to a young O-line that was still finding its way. This exacerbates Geno's regression to the mean.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be negative about the team or our chances.

My beef is with the posters who blame everything on the coaches, defense, or OL when we lose but credit Geno when we win.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t have any issues with posters here expressing their thoughts on how this team plays be “negative” or “positive.”

I just want to see some damn competitive consistency with this team.

I said it before, this is the NFL, you are going to lose games, cause you can’t win them all.

The frustrating thing is when this team loses, they just look so completely out of it.

Especially, on offense when they lose, it’s more so, Seattle looks like they cannot do anything or convert a third down etc.

You always want to field a competitive game and you don’t expect your coaches to completely whiff and get noticeably outcoached.

And I think that’s the frustrations alot of people see here that they are upset about.

They hate seeing Seattle get outcoached, time and time again, cause for the most part, that’s what you can prepare for and if a game plan isn’t working, change up the plan accordingly during the actual games.

bileever

Reaction score
Does anyone here follow the NFL outside the Seahawks? The Eagles beat the Commander by only one score both times they played this year. They needed overtime to beat the Commanders, 34-31 on October 1, and then just beat them 38-31 on October 29. Are the Eagles a terrible team?

Eric Bienemy has that offense running pretty good. I'm not sold on Howell, but that's a legit offense. Fourth in the league in passing yards.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was actually pretty impressed with Howell. Kid has some real grit.
I was surprised that the Seahawks didn't pick him up in 2022 draft. Seemed like a good guy to add to competition between Geno and Lock. This was his pre-draft profile from BR. Seemed very Seahawky to me -

Sam Howell draft profile

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We played a bad team but won a game we normally would have lost.

The Seahawks are a good team. But not a great team.
Maybe a playoff team? Sure, maybe.

A threat in the playoffs? Of course not.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
We played a bad team but won a game we normally would have lost.

The Seahawks are a good team. But not a great team.
Maybe a playoff team? Sure, maybe.

A threat in the playoffs? Of course not.

I was going off of averages......Nice try though.

themunn

Reaction score

What? No they haven't. They've played the Cowboys and that's it. They also played the Browns and Bengals and lost against both of them.

They have a 5 game stretch coming up that includes 2x games against us, the Eagles, and the Ravens.