Quick Passing

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think a call for quick passing is legit, but to be more specific I would have to say we need more blitz beaters. Too often the hot route is a RB who is actually accounted for.

We have a legit threat in Lockett who is a threat to score any time ball is in his hands. It doesn't take amazing offensive design to get him the ball quickly.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Having watched Hass vs JJ Watt on Thursday I don't think we just need to have more quick passes. The Colts did a masterful job of rolling the pocket all over the place for Hass to move into and have time to throw. As I was watching it I was hoping Bevell/Cable were taking notes.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2frkmlni said:
Having watched Hass vs JJ Watt on Thursday I don't think we just need to have more quick passes. The Colts did a masterful job of rolling the pocket all over the place for Hass to move into and have time to throw. As I was watching it I was hoping Bevell/Cable were taking notes.

Simple rollouts with a two layer read for Hass. It was perfect.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Unfortunately our OC is braindead. In his mind, a quick pass is a 40 yd pass rather than a 60 yd pass because it develops "quicker"

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2c4xref3 said:
EverydayImRusselin":2c4xref3 said:

Simple rollouts with a two layer read for Hass. It was perfect.

I know you have a much better understanding of the details than I do, but doesn't this seem like an easy solution for our OL woes on passing plays? Russ is amazing at throwing on the run, so I don't really see the downside.

mrblitz

Reaction score
in '86 the seahawks were struggling at 5-6 and then decided to move the pocket for krieg. they went on a 5-0 run to finish the season. maybe more design rollouts and such would really help russell, like they did for krieg in '86.