Predict the disgruntled players in upcoming season

Mizak

Reaction score
Especially if its a rebuild season. Two names already come to mind. The player with two letter initials and the guy that Pete traded the farm for. Might be a losing season but I think this season might be entertaining enough to glue me in on Seahawk football.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh make no mistake about it, the 2022 season is going to be FUN! No, not fun in the "Wow we are kicking ass and taking names" definition of fun but the "Get out the popcorn, lower your expectations, and see what this new squad can string together" kind of fun. Stress levels will be reduced on gameday since my expectations will be lowered. I can just relax and take in the growth process and new era and see how it all transpires. RELAX 12's! Enjoy the ride! We've been quite spoiled the past decade.

Having said that, I could definitely see DK being a problem if he's not getting his targets and numbers. Adams so far has shown nothing other than being a team player, regardless of the struggles with not using him right or the L's.

Fade

Reaction score
The torches will be lit, and the pitchforks will be out, that's for sure.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is going to be boring awful football to watch. Lots of offensive players will be disgruntled.

Say what you want about the 90s, but we had some great players on that defense that were fun to watch.

Kennedy was a wrecking ball. Sinclair and Porter were damned good at chasing down QBs. Go check that entire defense, it was solid with a lot of playmakers at multiple positions.

Most of our playmakers are receivers now, and we have a garbage tier QB.

Maybe Penny repeats his amazing run but that will be harder when you can stack the boxes against him.

Thank god for NFL RedZone.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
94Smith":1q29xiro said:
DK could go full diva.

Or Lock could get him the ball when he's wide open underneath and let him make the play after the catch.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Metcalf was disgruntled last year because the qb rarely tried to get him the ball...Hopefully the new qb recognizes that Metcalf is open underneath much of the time and that it doesn't always have to be down the sideline in double coverage.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lock can see, and target mid-range receivers better than Russell.

In Denver be had a garbage coaching staff, was playing well, going 5-1, but then Fangio fired the O.C.

Brick Huard said "If Drew Lock were in this draft, he'd be the 1st QB off the board.

So much self-inflicted misery on here. So many people that complained when we were winning, because we didn't win by a larger margin.

I'm not worried. We will have a winning season, and will be able to watch the team grow like it did 10 years ago.

Then, in 2023, we draft our Elite QB of the future, and we're off to good times again.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't see anyone being disgruntled.

Lock will get DK the ball, the team will return to winning bigly, and Carroll will get the ship back on course.

keasley45

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3k2fqk94 said:
I don't see anyone being disgruntled.

Lock will get DK the ball, the team will return to winning bigly, and Carroll will get the ship back on course.

This. DK will endear himself to whoever the QB is and become that player's #1 and be the recipient of the vast majority of his targets.

Those thinking DK is gonna be upset have no idea how many times the dude was WIDE OPEN last year on plays and didnt get the ball. And that's excusing plays where protection failed. The execution of the pass playbook last year was abysmal. I think DK had his boiling over moment after the Washington game and then shut it down when he accepted that he only had but so many more games where he'd have to deal with the 'cause'.

We might not make the playoffs next year but we wouldnt have, rolling 2022 Russel Wilson out their either.

1 step backward, 2 steps forward.

massari

Reaction score
keasley45":n62ca5fr said:
This. DK will endear himself to whoever the QB is and become that player's #1 and be the recipient of the vast majority of his targets.

Those thinking DK is gonna be upset have no idea how many times the dude was WIDE OPEN last year on plays and didnt get the ball. And that's excusing plays where protection failed. The execution of the pass playbook last year was abysmal. I think DK had his boiling over moment after the Washington game and then shut it down when he accepted that he only had but so many more games where he'd have to deal with the 'cause'.

We might not make the playoffs next year but we wouldnt have, rolling 2022 Russel Wilson out their either.

Maybe speak to a therapist about your thoughts on Wilson. The repetition is crazytown

Fade

Reaction score
DK if he doesn't get his money. He isn't playing on a rookie contract next year.

i think that is about it when it comes to players. Adams will be fine, he got payed.

One of the benefits of drafting like crap for years is you don't have a lot of guys barking for new deals.

I predict the fans will be very disgruntled, though. Fire Pete Carroll chants at the game will be a hoot.

Can Adams start 12 games? Is a better question for him.

sutz

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":17b10mj9 said:
Twisted
JayHawk
XRay
Fade

Oh wait, you mean players...
GMTA...was gonna say, it will be easier to predict the disgruntled fans. :twisted:

Fade

Reaction score
No denying I'm a disgruntled fan.

But here's the thing… There are millions of us, and we're only going to grow larger once the real games start.

And I'm totally cool with being wrong, and eating all the crow. I've been wanting to eat crow for years. I usually end up being right, though.

keasley45

Reaction score
massari":18gz9f0z said:
keasley45":18gz9f0z said:

Maybe speak to a therapist about your thoughts on Wilson. The repetition is crazytown

And the Russ worship isnt. Got it.

Tell you what. when someone who supports this idea that he was the reason we were anything, and that now that hes gone, we're doomed, can support it with empirical evidence (ie . tape not stats or conspiracy) that disprove the idea that he had trouble, game in and game out breaking down defenses, i'll go to counseling. What's crazy town is not seeing what's right there to see, but crafting every narrative you can other than having a real convo about whats going on.

You can post a clip after clip showing the errors, game in and game out, and they literally are dismissed as cherry-picking. Wr's blatantly open --- Pete told him not to throw there.

What's crazy is caring to respond anymore. No need to. He's a Donk.

Latest posts