Potential Roster cuts

jammerhawk

Reaction score
After the game on Sunday the team has a second wave of cuts required to get to 80 from 85 players.

If we look at the roster page who do you suspect the next 5 players that will be, and further who do you think may be on the bubble to keep a roster position on the 53.

For your calculations please know the OLB- Donkor, the International Developmental Program player, is exempt from roster calculations or even counting towards the 16 man PS. He is genuinely a bonus body.

My next 5 are (in no particular order and just my spitball guess):

WR- Travis Toivonen
TE- Cam Sutton
WR- Darece Roberson
OLB- Alex Tchangam
FS- Joshua Moon

For me after that It becomes a lot harder and the lack of any genuine information about who is doing better than the others at any positional group makes it harder to say who is on the bubble. There are lots and some favourite could be included, this next preseason game will cause me to revist this topic.There will be 16 PS spots available to the players who don't make the 53.

Players possibly on the bubble:

QBs- two of the following 3, Geno Smith, Alex McGough, or Sean Manion
RB- Josh Johnson
WRs- Aaron Fuller, Connor Weddington, Penny Hart, Cade Johnson
OT- Tommy Champion, Greg Eland
OG Peir-Olivier Lestage, Phil Haynes, Jared Hocker,
TE- Tyler Mary, Dominick Wood-Anderson

DT- Jarrod Hewitt, Myles Adams, Cedric Lattimore
OLB- Lakiem Williams, Ben Burr-Kirven, Jon Rhattigan, Aaron Donkor*,
CB- Tre Flowers, Damarious Randall, Pierre Desir, Gavin Heslop, Will Sunderland,
FS- Ashari Crosswell

Are there others who might surprise us? I appreciate these names are just my own opinion and that one or two of these players may be kept. I also note that I am at least 1 player short of getting to 53 as I included Donkor who is roster neutral player.

JS likes to use the cuts as another opportunity to acquire players they perceive as potentially able to improve the team's depth so there may be more cuts in key areas like CB, TE, or C, or DT and possibly a trade or two before the roster is ready for week 1 of the regular season.

knownone

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if both Flowers and Randall get cut.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There will necessarily be some surprises and you could be very right about either/or Flowers and Randall. The numbers will have to be found elsewhere if either is kept.

I can see RB- Travis Homer going on IR, and possibly both TE- Colby Parkinson and OG- Phil Haynes who just can't stay healthy.

I'm sure there are others.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would like to see Nkemdiche play tomorrow and next Saturday and see if his training camp progress translates to more real game conditions. We really need to see if he can be a quality DT in the rotation, or not.

Right now we need another DT stud and if he isn't it then the team needs to be looking for one.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am very curious about him as well. Also about the depth at other potentially weak positions like CB, and C. Getting a clearer idea about who is who at WR after Lockett and Metcalf would be nice too.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I would consider Ursua as a bubble candidate. Poor performances on tape this year, game and practice. With Dee coming on I don't see our WR room being that thin that we need more of them unless we get eaten by the injury bug.

I also think our CBs will come on and play pretty well. I'm still hoping to see Reed and Brown in those spots.
I like the looks of this team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If I were making the decisions, based on pre-season game performance, I would cut Dom Wood-Anderson and Alex McGough. Maybe they’re great in practice but it's not translating to games and they have gotten quite a bit of PT thus far.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I hope they cut Tre Flowers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ty9o3w7 said:
dopeboy206":2ty9o3w7 said:
I hope they cut Tre Flowers

This needs to happen.
Absolutely it needs to happen ASAP.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Do the Hawks normally cut guys early so they can latch on to another team like some teams do? Or hold off to make sure they are keeping the right guys.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tre Flowers has been one of the better defensive backs in these preseason games. Absurd to think that some don't view him as valuable enough to even be a CB4. You don't just cut every player who isn't quite starter material.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1429571931049582594[/tweet]

Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/8/22/22637101/seattle-seahawks-release-te-dom-wood-anderson-rough-preseason-performances-nfl-news[/urltargetblank]

Chawker

Reaction score
With Wood Anderson cut and BBK and U boy going on IR, that leaves two more players to be cut.

Mr Mcgoo

Hyder or Collier, or Penny.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
BBK and Ursua to IR both with ACL injuries. QB- Alex McGough and DT- Cedric Lattimore have been waived along with the earlier TE- Domninick Wood-Anderson to get to 80