Possible Seahawks trade

nanomoz

Reaction score
The only immediate compensation other than the swap is a 4th? No way in hell.

Ruminator

Reaction score
If we took a deal like this, we'd have two first-round picks two years in a row, so that's something, especially considering we also have two second-round picks this year. Would just hope we're able to snag kick ass players at 16 and 20 this year.

James in PA

Reaction score
if a trade like this were to happen, it would take place on draft day while the Seahawks were on the clock, not several weeks before the draft. The team trading with us would have to be assured their player was still available.

vonstout

Reaction score
You can probably get Atlantas first round pick next year for dropping down to #8. Maybe even the Raiders at #7. No way they make the trade until they are on the clock though. Both could be interested in the 4th QB and it would take less than trading up to #3

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
if a trade like this were to happen, it would take place on draft day while the Seahawks were on the clock, not several weeks before the draft. The team trading with us would have to be assured their player was still available.
Yeah, it’s not unusual for teams to work contingencies in advance given the short window available between picks.

Raifers

Reaction score
If Washington and Seattle have near the same records next year, that they had this last year, then we won't have the draft capital to trade up to #1 or #2.
but hey have cody barton now, wouldn't that mean they're in for a worse record?

but in all honesty, i wouldn't mind getting a 1st next year, it's just needs more this year besides #16

BigMeach

Reaction score
I dunno, I feel like you're better off waiting till draft day. If the Cardinals stay pat at #3 you might get better value in a trade. If they trade out you might pick up a high level pass rusher.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Do I do this trade? No. Simply not enough compensation.

I would however do 5 for 16+2024 1st and pick 47
Or 16+2024 1st , 97 and 118

I think with howell, brisett and one of Richardson/Levis at QB they still play in a pretty tough division. There’s a good chance that the 2024 1st turns into a good pick. I don’t think they’re that good

toffee

Reaction score
Trade and trade and trade again, lol with PFF mock simulator.

Last edited:

JerHawk81

Reaction score
My hope is that we trade back and get a 2024 first as part of the trade.

This trade wouldn't be ideal, but if my top 4 are gone (Anderson, Carter, Young, and Stroud), and my options are Wilson, Levis, Richardson, or this trade - I'm taking this trade and sleeping well that night.

I'd rather have Van Ness or Nolan Smith along with an extra 1st next year than those options at 5.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Outside of QB, Carter or Anderson I think the right move is to trade down.

This draft has plenty of good prospects, just not “blow your mind stars”.we know corner is not a Pete priority in the 1st round.Wilson is an interesting player that I suspect might get over drafted due to the lack of premier DT/DEs.

Having said that, nope, not enough trade value to move down. If a QB is left, I asking for their first and third this year and their first next year.

Torc

Reaction score
I pay zero attention to college football so I'm clueless about the talent coming up. But we rarely get to pick as high as #5. If we can get a player worth that pick, then we should stay there. If the major talents are gone when we pick, then I'm good to move down.

Of course, the Seahawks may be floating this kind of rumor to generate some interest from other teams....

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
View attachment 58317

yeah i don't see it. @Chawker i had no idea you were worse than bleacher report with your clickbaiting headlines. guess i'll avoid your daily threads from now on. lol
In your seach window type in "Seahawks" look for some pictures that say "top stories" above the pictures, scan to the right, you'll see it.

Oh, please do avoid me, cump !

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd be down with that if the board falls poorly. Two firsts again next year isn't a proposition to sneeze at, especially with next year being a good time to try to snag a quarterback in terms of the team-building timeline. They're treating this like 2011. Active free agency, full draft coming up, etc. 2012 was when they went for the QB, they just got lucky that their dude was there in the third.

If you can't get Anderson, you're probably left with reaching on someone at 5. I'd rather push value to 2024 than be forced to stick and pick a non-top-5 talent at a top-5 spot. Two firsts in two straight drafts is fun.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
In your seach window type in "Seahawks" look for some pictures that say "top stories" above the pictures, scan to the right, you'll see it.

Oh, please do avoid me, cump !
wait, you post a clickbait thread that suggests the commanders have proposed a trade for #5, refuse to post a link, nobody else can find it, and you're mad and calling names? lmao!

post the link