Who won the trade?

• Seahawks

Votes: 50 53.8%
  • Broncos

Votes: 43 46.2%

• Total voters

AgentDib

Reaction score
Russ's no trade clause makes this a moot question. Denver is obviously a good landing spot for Russ and reports haven't mentioned any other places that he was willing to consider. Without knowing the alternatives it could have been this or letting Russ eventually walk for nothing.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Broncos are a QB away from being legit SB contenders so I'd say in the 1-4 year window they won. As Russ gets older his contract is gonna be a huge pain but if he can get them a SB or two, it'll be worth it.

This offseason is huge for the PC/JS Seahawks and where they go from here. This draft and FA needs to be under a huge microscope and a complete homerun. Given how strong the division is, I can't imagine they'll be very competitive in 2022/2023. They need to rebuild a strong, young defensive core and find a QB who can limit turnovers while also make crunch time plays.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mistaowen":2tbmd6mo said:
Broncos are a QB away from being legit SB contenders so I'd say in the 1-4 year window they won. As Russ gets older his contract is gonna be a huge pain but if he can get them a SB or two, it'll be worth it.

This offseason is huge for the PC/JS Seahawks and where they go from here. This draft and FA needs to be under a huge microscope and a complete homerun. Given how strong the division is, I can't imagine they'll be very competitive in 2022/2023. They need to rebuild a strong, young defensive core and find a QB who can limit turnovers while also make crunch time plays.

I understand your sentiment, but there is no way Denver gets to the super bowl in the next two years.

The AFC is stacked, and Russ' best days are long gone.

They may make the playoffs, but even that may be a stretch.

James in PA

Reaction score
It "feels" like the Hawks should have gotten more. That said, it doesn't mean they could have gotten more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sure you can hope for great draft picks but at the end of the day the Denver Broncos have a franchise-caliber NFL QB, and the Seattle Seahawks do not.

One team is willing to gamble on giving him a huge contract next offseason, and Seattle Seahawks were not.

One team is confident enough in their staff that they can field a team around him for the foreseeable future despite the challenge, and the Seattle Seahawks were not.

If you ask me we just witnessed the Seahawks going from a premier franchise to the team in the 90's scrambling to find a QB worth a damn.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawkpower":39tfx3pd said:
mistaowen":39tfx3pd said:

I understand your sentiment, but there is no way Denver gets to the super bowl in the next two years.

The AFC is stacked, and Russ' best days are long gone.

They may make the playoffs, but even that may be a stretch.

This.

Even with Russ, it's entirely conceivable that the Broncos finish 3rd or even 4th in their own division.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm excited for the trade, but am mildly underwhelmed with the return, so I'm hesitant to say we "won". I would have insisted on Garrett Boles being included in any Russ deal, even if that meant them keeping Fant or one of those second-rounders. Denver was pretty desperate for a QB; no way were they going to risk going into next season being led by someone like Teddy Bridgewater in a division that features Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert. I'm not convinced we took full advantage of our leverage.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
"Russ' best days are long gone"

Based on what?

A freak accident where he broke his finger?

Despite missing games with injury, last two seasons the dude has 7,500 yards 69 total touchdowns to 19 picks.

what a slump better get rid of him :lol:

If you're strategically happy with the trade then more power to you but this BS that Russ suddenly sucks is total nonsense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":3v07hd9t said:
I'm excited for the trade, but am mildly underwhelmed with the return, so I'm hesitant to say we "won". I would have insisted on Garrett Boles being included in any Russ deal, even if that meant them keeping Fant or one of those second-rounders. Denver was pretty desperate for a QB; no way were they going to risk going into next season being led by someone like Teddy Bridgewater in a division that features Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert. I'm not convinced we took full advantage of our leverage.

I still think Seattle fans overvalue Wilson on the open market

Add to that, the fact that there were limited teams in play to create said leverage, AND that any team in play also has to ponder if they want to pay him 50 mill per season soon.

All of this cools the market, but in spite of that, we still got a good haul

I think its fair

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
As much as I am disappointed that Russ is gone, it was the right decision for the Hawks.

They leveraged a 3rd round, #75 overall, draft choice into three players, two 1st, two 2nd, and a 5th round choice in exchange for Russ and a 4th rounder.

It's highly unlikely that Seattle could have gotten to the SB in 2022 or 2023... and it made no sense at all to extend Russ at $50M/year like Rodgers just got.

It was the right decision imo.

And I'm looking forward to watching Pete and John rebuild the roster. Sadly, I think that Bobby is gone as well.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Denver got a top 10 NFL QB that's a win.

Now there is a very real possibility that both teams could be worse in 2 years too.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Most fans I've seen on social media that are not seahawks or donkey fans think the Seahawks won in a landslide. Interesting

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sdog1981":mrmhom52 said:
Denver got a top 10 NFL QB that's a win.

Now there is a very real possibility that both teams could be worse in 2 years too.

Not sure its consensus that RW is top 10 anymore.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
We won’t know the answer to this for a few years. It depends on lots of things. How Russ does in Denver. How much longer he plays. Who the Seahawks pick with their choices from the trade.

toffee

Reaction score
No need to explore opportunities any more, go Russ.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Way too early to tell. It matters on what those picks with a combination of the players they got turn into.
If they draft McDowell types, then it’s bad. If they draft Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, KamTrack talent it will be great.

I am hoping that Pete and John are out of the “smartest guys in the room” and “project” phases.

Fade

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ji6v4bt said:
I am hoping that Pete and John are out of the “smartest guys in the room” and “project” phases.

Trading a king's ransom for Jamal Adams only to get just about that in return for Wilson. Insane. It shows they've learned nothing actually.

Fade

Reaction score
toffee":1ojb5l0o said:
No need to explore opportunities any more, go Russ.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Why did he want to explore opportunities, though?