Who won the trade?

• Seahawks

Votes: 50 53.8%
  • Broncos

Votes: 43 46.2%

• Total voters

hangumhi

Reaction score
It's obvious to me but still just a guess. The Hawks won big time. Not even close. An aging qb with a lot of question marks still surrounding his abilities as of late for two firsts, a boatload of salary cap relief, two seconds, a legit gunslinger in Locke a legit tight end, a legit interior pass rusher for the rotation. Win win win win win. I love russ but the broncos got screwed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seattle.

A 2nd Round pick in this loaded draft is worth more than a 1st round pick in 2024.

A draft pick's value drops a round for every year in advance of when it's valid.

A 2023 1st round pick is valued as a 2nd round pick.

A 2024 1st Round pick is valued as a 3rd round pick.

THIS, is a LOADED Draft. Normally, there are only 15 - 20 players with 1st Round Grades on them in any given draft.

This Year, there are players with 1st Round Grades that are likely going to be available in the 2nd Round.

Why? Pandemic. Nobody worth much draft value came out last year, which is why Schneider gave up that 1st round pick so easily. #24 in the 2021 Pandemic Draft wasn't that valuable.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Fade":2qcrrkkm said:
Sports Hernia":2qcrrkkm said:
I am hoping that Pete and John are out of the “smartest guys in the room” and “project” phases.

Trading a king's ransom for Jamal Adams only to get just about that in return for Wilson. Insane. It shows they've learned nothing actually.

I think it confirmed two things. First, the Seahawks wanted a vocal alpha dog for the defense. Something that had been lacking since the LOB days. They over paid to make it happen.

Second, Russ was not as valuable as what Coward and company lead NW fans to believe. Certainly, not surprising. If Russ was worth more, is the value of a 1st rd pick 3 years from now better than a second this year and next? Doubt it. We very well be able to trade one of those second round picks for a future 1st. But really, this team need fresh young talent now, and players that fit the new coaches style and schemes.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I would be curious to know just how much input Shane Waldron had in this deal. Do you think Pete or John asked for his opinion?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2wc5da4o said:
I would be curious to know just how much input Shane Waldron had in this deal. Do you think Pete or John asked for his opinion?

Shane: "Hello?"

Pete: "Hey Shane, it's Pete."

Shane: "Oh hey coach, what's up?"

Pete: "Remember last year and how excited you were to come to Seattle and call plays for Russell Wilson?"

Shane: "Yeah, didn't turn out great, but I'm excited to get back at it!"

Pete: "Well...........we're trading Russell and now you get to call plays for Scrubby McScrubbersons until you get fired in a year or two!..........Gotta go Shane, see ya in a month!!"

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I am biased, but I'd say this is addition by subtraction. We needed to reboot the culture here, we are not the Seattle Russell Wilson's we are the Seahawks and I want us to be the hardest hitting defense with scariest Running team in the league. A team no other team wants to play, one with a chip on their shoulder, not the Diva team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ebijbtc said:
WmHBonney":3ebijbtc said:

Shane: "Hello?"

Pete: "Hey Shane, it's Pete."

Shane: "Oh hey coach, what's up?"

Pete: "Remember last year and how excited you were to come to Seattle and call plays for Russell Wilson?"

Shane: "Yeah, didn't turn out great, but I'm excited to get back at it!"

Pete: "Well...........we're trading Russell and now you get to call plays for Scrubby McScrubbersons until you get fired in a year or two!..........Gotta go Shane, see ya in a month!!"

Shane : Well I called plays but Russell never ran them, he ran your stuff from 8 years ago and Hero ball after the Colts game until the last 3 games or so of the season, Geno Ran my offense however.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3i3wzp13 said:
I've yet to hear one person I respect say the Hawks got fleeced.

But again, it'll all depend on how Wilson plays, and how successful our rebuild is to say who won.

But on paper? Seems like a fair trade to me.

Whether you respect me or not ask yourself how many times PC/JS used their draft picks well since 2013? Draft picks don't mean squat if you don't use them properly and the Hawks sure haven't for years.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
ivotuk":13fuwexw said:
THIS, is a LOADED Draft. Normally, there are only 15 - 20 players with 1st Round Grades on them in any given draft.

It's not loaded with really good QB's.