Poll: What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

• Coaching or lacktherof.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Too many distractions (travel, hype, etc).

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Simply not matching the Bucs intensity in the first half.

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • Buying into the hype (reading the press clippings, thinking just showing up would be enough, etc)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Being a YOUNG team.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other (Please comment below).

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I tend to think it was a combination of distractions. However, part of that is on the coaches for not keeping the players grounded and focused.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Honestly, it’s probably all of the above.

Seattle was riding their high horse and the team was being praised for several weeks.

Players may say they don’t look into what the media say and all the hype surrounding them but they have phones, social media, etc.

Coaches themselves can buy into some hype as well and start to be full themselves.

Both the players and the coaches need to “show up” and develop game plans that may need adjustments on the fly.

So, if they are not able to do so, the team they will face may be the ones that actually prepare and do so.

Take it as a learning experience for the team and coaches to prepare better.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hype machine was rolling, and all young players jumped on it.

Why not, shoot this team was rolling going up against a 90 year old QB that was dang close to a 4 game losing streak.

Hawks players woke up this morning realizing they are now in a bye week and they just got throat punched.

You want to be a champ, go out a stomp ass every week, every play. No taking plays off, no waiting for someone to get in you ear, MTFU. Dominate for the sake of championship desire. That is all!

TraderGary

Reaction score
1). We got dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball.
2). We did not come close to matching the intensity of the Bucs.
3). Our gameplans were very vanilla on both sides of the ball.
4). Brady eats zone defenses for lunch, and I believe we played zone the entire game.
5). Where were the 3 TE sets and misdirection that has been so effective for us this season? It looked like a gameplan from years past.
6). They just looked very unprepared for this game and I'm not giving them a free pass because of the travel. The Bucs had nearly the same amount of travel as the Hawks did. And despite the relatively close final score, we were never in the game. It was complete and total domination from start to finish by the Bucs.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think it is all of the above but I also think Tampa needed the game and came out ready and we got caught.

Let's chew on this for 2 weeks and hopefully next game we come out the aggressor and send a message.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great points all around.
But at the same time, you can't forget that this team just won 4 straight games by double digits. The sky hasn't fallen, not even close. Not saying they didn't suck yesterday, because overall they did, as a team. But 6-4 with a bye week to heal up and get ready for 5 of 7 at home? This team has everything right in front of them.

Latest posts