Poll: What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

• Coaching or lacktherof.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Too many distractions (travel, hype, etc).

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Simply not matching the Bucs intensity in the first half.

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • Buying into the hype (reading the press clippings, thinking just showing up would be enough, etc)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Being a YOUNG team.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other (Please comment below).

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

hawks85

Reaction score
They lost because they took the Bucs way to lightly, and because they did that they got bitched slapped up and down the field the first half. The game was already over at halftime.

chrispy

Reaction score
I hate comments like this. Ok, so you were unprepared. Then make the in-game adjustments. It shouldnt be so earth shattering of a concept.
I'm not disagreeing...2nd half adjustments could have been implemented about 10 minutes in. However, the game plan caused personnel decisions (Mone) that made adjustments much more difficult in-game. It's also difficult to make in-game adjustments on D when they're on the field so much and on O when they only have 3 downs to implement....

This could be a big reason Pete has always highly valued DLs that can play inside and out. They're few and far between, but the flexibility pays dividends in games like this. '23 draft and FA will highly value this type of player. They'll likely try to push some current players (Mafe) to try and take both positions on too. ...just my prediction...not trying to convince anyone of anything.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I blame room temperature German beer. The first half played like they were hung over. Barton shit his pants again

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
I blame room temperature German beer. The first half played like they were hung over. Barton shit his pants again
If Barton had a knack for finding the ball carrier as well as he finds blockers to wash him out, he would be an all pro. Dude straight up runs away from wide open gaps

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They have a term for these games.. Trap game... we fell into it lock-stock and barrel.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Let your voices be heard.
I don't know if it was just me, but I felt we were getting man handled by the Bucs. I was yelling at the TV for our players to do a little push back against those guys. We didn't match their ferocity to win during the 1st half it seemed and Geno's fumble was a large factor. Take away that fumble, this game was ours as we were starting to roll..but then fizzled and killed a great drive.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
If Barton had a knack for finding the ball carrier as well as he finds blockers to wash him out, he would be an all pro. Dude straight up runs away from wide open gaps
He played great against AZ and Giants then reverted back to sucking against the Bucs but Clint and Pete schemed pass and got gashed on the ground. No cause for alarm though with 5 of 7 left at home we just need Barton to be a little more consistent. Sometimes he gets tossed around like a rag doll

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If it worked like this, as easily as you seem to think it should, then gameplanning would be literally worthless. Surely you realize this?

Game planning is obviously essential, but when a team is doing something different that you didnt plan for, its up to you to change and not to hope the other team returns to what you originally planned for. There are two halves of a game. Use halftime to adapt your game plan and skip the pep talk.

thegameq

Reaction score
It was the gameplan. We knew the run wasn't working but kept trying to force it.

This reminded me of the old Seahawks offense. "Force the run until the game is in danger".

No creativity. No adaptation. It's weird....are they watching a different game than us or are they just being stubborn? How long does it take the coaches to realize something isn't working? Why does it have to take the game being in jeopardy to make changes?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It was the gameplan. We knew the run wasn't working but kept trying to force it.

This reminded me of the old Seahawks offense. "Force the run until the game is in danger".

No creativity. No adaptation. It's weird....are they watching a different game than us or are they just being stubborn? How long does it take the coaches to realize something isn't working? Why does it have to take the game being in jeopardy to make changes?

They had 10 rushing attempts all game - 14 if you count Geno's.

The "forcing the run" narrative doesn't track with what actually happened.