Poll: What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

What Was The Main Reason For The Loss?

• Coaching or lacktherof.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Too many distractions (travel, hype, etc).

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Simply not matching the Bucs intensity in the first half.

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • Buying into the hype (reading the press clippings, thinking just showing up would be enough, etc)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Being a YOUNG team.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other (Please comment below).

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

keasley45

Reaction score
Always hear that they can call holding on every play, but this is the kind of crap that should get called and not calling it proves the refs can easily steer games. I don't care what anyone says, if this doesn't get flagged then it's because they chose not to throw the flag. You know they didn't mistakenly miss these holds because we've all seen ticky tack holds called that are barely visible even in replay.

Just watch the final running play first down that sealed the win for Tampa. #76 left tackle for Tampa tackled our dlineman from behind right as he was about to tackle the running back for no gain.

What a freakin joke. Im done with this crap
I've said it. I was watching it most of the game. My seats were endzone so it was pretty obvious. For anyone to say it had zero affect is a bit foolish. Tom isn't the same guy when he's hit a time or two. We definitely would have gotten to him a few times were it not for our guys being clothes lined and tackled.

That being said, we still went in with a questionable strategy.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I believe that the NFL could do more to ensure the quality of officiating improved.
Personally I’d start with making officials full time NFL employees. No more doctors, lawyers, and pilots having “NFL officiating” as a side gig. I think there should be a process for holding officials accountable for missed or wrong calls/non calls.
Absolutely this!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
that's what you got out of my comment, Scutter? Um, ok.

I have been complaining about the refs impacting games for SEVERAL YEARS on here. In now way did I come close to claiming they don't sway the game.
All I said was: PLAY BETTER. We all know what we saw, Refs shafted us, yet again. But it's NOT the reason they lost.
The refs didn't get flat out dominated for 3 quarters. The refs literally handed the Rams a SB, I've very aware of how they can sway the outcome of the game.
If you actually believe the Refs are the reason they lost this game, you clearly were not watching what the team was doing. Which was next to nothing for much of the game. JFC this place sometimes.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score

I have been complaining about the refs impacting games for SEVERAL YEARS on here. In now way did I come close to claiming they don't sway the game.
All I said was: PLAY BETTER. We all know what we saw, Refs shafted us, yet again. But it's NOT the reason they lost.
The refs didn't get flat out dominated for 3 quarters. The refs literally handed the Rams a SB, I've very aware of how they can sway the outcome of the game.
If you actually believe the Refs are the reason they lost this game, you clearly were not watching was the team was doing. Which was next to nothing for much of the game. JFC this place sometimes.
Kind of hard not to get dominated when the refs are allowing your team to be held almost every single snap.

W

Welshers

The real reason is none of the above! The NFL fake news media and the corrupt sports gambling industrial complex rigged this game against the Seattle seahawks! Make no mistake when I say hundreds of officiating experts have came out and said Tampa got away with some of the most blatant holds in the history of the game!

The media, the refs, and Roger (the Vince wwe entertainment director of the nfl) are all against the Seahawks! And of course they will do anything to get Brady in the playoffs! Sad!

scutterhawk

Reaction score

If you actually believe the Refs are the reason they lost this game, you clearly were not watching what the team was doing. Which was next to nothing for much of the game. JFC this place sometimes.
The Refs weren't the ONLY reason that they lost, but they WERE a big part of why they did.
The players were playing against a 'Stacked Deck'...A shifty Tom Brady is tough enough to overcome, now add to that a couple of bias Officials and it puts a victory that much further out of reach.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I didn't make my chicken wings for kickoff.

I get that it was 7:30AM here & salt-&-pepper chicken wings are not typical breakfast fare but I feel like I let the team & fanbase down by selfishly thinking about my health instead of being a team player.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I didn't make my chicken wings for kickoff.

I get that it was 7:30AM here & salt-&-pepper chicken wings are not typical breakfast fare but I feel like I let the team & fanbase down by selfishly thinking about my health instead of being a team player.
LOL. I'll buy that. YOU are solely to blame! I take it you don't care for gravy? :)

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I thing it was obvious that the Hawks got beat in the trenches but i also think the Hawks game plan was over thought.

Just my take

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the game due to being on vacation overseas. From what I've read, the Seahawks went away from the 3 TE sets they used successfully in the prior weeks. I wonder what they saw with the Bucs film that made them move away from that? Offensively that is the big sticking point for me.

Just reviewing the stats it seems they had trouble getting K9 going. Or their run game for that matter. I would think having more TEs in on plays would help with that.

I knew this was going to be a big challenge defensively. Brady is well Brady. He has a lightning quick release and he has 3 all-pro type WRs to throw to in Evans, Godwin, and Jones. Considering the Seahawks secondary is very very young and inexperienced, it was a tall order. The Seahawks desperately needed the pass rush they had the previous week against Murray and the Cards to show up. Sounds like it didn't since they couldn't get to old man Brady at all during the game (zero sacks). If they had, maybe the game would have turned out differently.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Don’t let it happen again HG, LOL.
YOU BEADY EYED BASTERNED!!! It's all on you!
Y'all need to be whipped with a wet noodle..How kin you look at yerself in the mirror and not be disgustud?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Well, all of us here love wings and Seahawk victories! No wins for You!!!

Now, I like to run wings on my smoker and then re-season and air fry my wings. Now that is the ****!!!

But it ain’t happening at 3am!

chrispy

Reaction score
1)Pete said outright on Brock and Salk that they prepared for Bucs to throw a lot more than run. The run game didn't scare them and they were unprepared.
2)It was foreseeable that the NFL might not want the first game in Germany littered with flags. Perhaps Brady and the Bucs expected it or perhaps they noticed early. Either way, they took advantage and the Seahawks didn't. The officiating was balanced but they let a lot go uncalled...downfield too.
3) There's on field play and off field prep/distraction. The '22 Seahawks can play toe to toe with anyone, but in this game the prep and distraction overwhelmed. It's a beneficial learning experience because these guys will be in the playoffs and eventually SB. The preparation and distractions are often deciding factors in those games.
4)If there's anyone that's going to be able to take advantage of weak spots in a game plan or overall D, it's Brady. Better in week 10, before a bye, than in Wildcard Weekend.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Isn't nice we are worked up over a loss. At the start of the season there were predictions of a 3 win season and the question would have been "What was the reason for the win".

Wins are expected now!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
1)Pete said outright on Brock and Salk that they prepared for Bucs to throw a lot more than run. The run game didn't scare them and they were unprepared.

I hate comments like this. Ok, so you were unprepared. Then make the in-game adjustments. It shouldnt be so earth shattering of a concept.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I hate comments like this. Ok, so you were unprepared. Then make the in-game adjustments. It shouldnt be so earth shattering of a concept.

If it worked like this, as easily as you seem to think it should, then gameplanning would be literally worthless. Surely you realize this?