Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Scenario:

Last game of the year and unfortunately we had only 2 wins to that point. Myers lining up for a 30 yard fg. If he makes it we win and secure the third pick in the draft. Miss it and we get first pick.
Make your choice as a spectator not a player?

Fade

Reaction score
"Sometimes when you win you really lose. And sometimes when you lose you really win."

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
So far over 25% would root in some scenarios for the team to lose according to the poll.

Again, imagine it’s the last game of the year and the Hawks are tied with the Texans and Falcons for the worst record. The Texans and Falcons just won their game. The Hawks in their game are lining up for the winning 30 yard fg. If they make it they get the 3rd pick in the draft, they miss it and get the first. What are you hoping for?

RiverDog

Reaction score
So far over 25% would root in some scenarios for the team to lose according to the poll.

Again, imagine it’s the last game of the year and the Hawks are tied with the Texans and Falcons for the worst record. The Texans and Falcons just won their game. The Hawks in their game are lining up for the winning 30 yard fg. If they make it they get the 3rd pick in the draft, they miss it and get the first. What are you hoping for?
Split the damn goal posts and hammer it into the cheap seats!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I want that first game win..
The rebuild is not complete so i don't expect to win many
I'm conflicted because we do need higher picks but I don't
want to lose either.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Is this thread sarcasm? Why in the hell would anyone EVER want their team to lose? Damn
Currently, there are 7 out of the 31 respondents, or 22%, in the poll that would at least under some circumstances, want their team to lose. Although it does not include me, it is not as unpopular of a sentiment as you seem to be suggesting.

Chawker

Reaction score
Always for ! If things go bad then we get a decent draft pick. But only a true blue fan ALWAYS roots for there boys in blue. If you vote against them buy a dog mask and move to Cleveland.

Cheers

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Nothing guaranteed about a higher draft pick guaranteeing anything. There will never be a game on the schedule I "hope" we lose.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Scenario:

Last game of the year and unfortunately we had only 2 wins to that point. Myers lining up for a 30 yard fg. If he makes it we win and secure the third pick in the draft. Miss it and we get first pick.
Make your choice as a spectator not a player?
Drill it and rush the field.

toffee

Reaction score
Win, just win. Winning that best remedy for losing Wilson. If we win 12 games this year, even John63 will say, Wilson who?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
If the Seahawks have a poor W-L record this year, the silver lining is that it'll be easier to get the players they want in the draft next year, probably without needing to lose any of their significant draft capital by trading up.

On the other hand, if the Seahawks surprise and, despite their weakness at QB, have a non-shameful W-L record, they might well have to package picks to move up and get one or more specific players, but the silver lining will be that the team is ahead of schedule on the journey back to title-contender status, so they won't need the same efficiency in the use of the draft capital they've got for 2023. They might not be able to get as many good players with their picks as if they were to end up with one of the, say, three worst W-L records in the league, but if the team has won, say, seven games in 2022, that'll be a sign they don't need as many good players.

I think this is part of why I'm much more relaxed as we get close to the start of the 2022 season than I have been since... jeeze... I guess since the end of XLIX. I think the Wilson trade has given the team a lot of flexibility it previously didn't have in terms of how to build going forward, and as a result, there is a wide range of possible results for the 2022 season that can end up turning out pretty positive for the Seahawks over the next several seasons.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Is this thread sarcasm? Why in the hell would anyone EVER want their team to lose? Damn
You must be new here.
Just kidding, but you know there are posters here who absolutely feel this way so they can somehow say they were right about everything.

RiverDog

Reaction score
There are also those that, for one reason or another, get supremely upset, say about the Russell Wilson trade or that we have a female owner, then hope that we lose every game in the hopes that they'll be a significant change, that Pete gets fired, Jodi Allen forced to sell the team, etc.

A few years ago, I went to Las Vegas for an NFL Sunday. I sat at a bar next to a Redskins fan/anti fan who hated Dan Snyder with a passion and refused to buy any Redskins jerseys, caps, etc. He told me, somewhat sarcastically, that he hoped that the Redskins never won a game again so that there would be enough of an uprising from the fans that it would force Snyder to sell the team.

If this weren't a blind poll, my guess is that you wouldn't see as many people casting a vote hoping that we tank the season. It's an irrational emotional thought and very hard to defend, especially in front of a lot of diehard Seahawk fans.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'll always root for the Hawks to win, but if it's say a late game that will drastically change our draft spot but not our playoff aspirations, I might also be just as happy to take the L.