Poll: If they draft a qb, who will it be?

If they draft a qb, who will it be?

• Williams

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniels

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Maye

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • McCarthy

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Penix

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Nix

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What's driving me nuts is I think we should target Mccarthy he's like 21, totally fast processor like Nix and Purdy and Brady. Brady and Montana proved a cannon arm is awesome but not needed fast processing absolutely is. Oh yeah do you know why Patrick Mahomes is so ridiculous?

1. He processes as fast as the best quarterbacks ever and scrambles awesome and has the top tier arm. I'm worried JS wants a Drake Maye or similar.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What's driving me nuts is I think we should target Mccarthy he's like 21, totally fast processor like Nix and Purdy and Brady. Brady and Montana proved a cannon arm is awesome but not needed fast processing absolutely is.
None of these guys are sure things, the draft is a crap shoot. We all have the guys we believe in. McCarthy could end up being a beast, or a bust. Just like Penix, Nix, etc.
Shoot, Caleb Williams has a real Ryan Leaf 2.0 feel to him, imo.

Just my OWN wish, but I'd rather see them build in the trenches first. At the minimum, trade down to get more picks and pick up a QB late first or early 2nd.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Montana sucked his first year I will ALWAYS remember that New Orleans gsmre where Walsh was over Steve Deberg ie Geno Smith.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
None of these guys are sure things, the draft is a crap shoot. We all have the guys we believe in. McCarthy could end up being a beast, or a bust. Just like Penix, Nix, etc.
Shoot, Caleb Williams has a real Ryan Leaf 2.0 feel to him, imo.

Just my OWN wish, but I'd rather see them build in the trenches first. At the minimum, trade down to get more picks and pick up a QB late first or early 2nd.
That's my wish and take a shot on Rattler. Regardless we need to start taking shots every chance we have. We can't be messing with Geno past 2024 regardless of Maelstrom and his unnatural Geno man crush top 10 my sss.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I prefer Nix, Rattler and Mccarthy all understand to be elite you need to throw in the middle do you understand why Kelce is ridiculous? Deep stuff is fun but been there did that and Josh and Joe still have no chance against Patrick but Brady beat him and without Shanahan being a total dumbass Purdy could and should have.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's shocking how much you are discounting Penix. But that's ok. All a matter of opinion. Penix is better than BO AND 3 and Rattler. Period.
People just LOVE to act like Penix can't do certain things, when he can do it all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't like his medicals or that he is going to be 25? And not mobile at all. I have a right to my opinion but if we drafted him it definitely would give me hope that we are trying to erase the bullshit Pete kept giving us. The man is definitely a stand up person and a really alpha dog like Mccarthy so let John decide but take a shot already.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's 23 years old, same age as a lot of guys who will be drafted at QB.

How in the world did he become 25 and/or Old Man river? BO AND 3 is older and played in 61 games. That's a lot of wear and tear.
Penix passed his medicals with flying colors, and he hasn't missed a game in two full seasons.

Concerned, sure. But my god, people are acting like he's Jamal Glass Adams.
People are so conditioned to doubt this guy that he magically is going to be 25. Um, he's 23 years old :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

chris98251

Reaction score
No not Adams, Brock Huard, Brock had a chance but could not get out of the Injury Bugs way his time here. I also don't know where people say he is immobile, he doesn't need to be Wilson, Jackson or anyone else, those guys typically have shorter careers anyway if they are reliant on their legs, he is pocket slippery and savvy which some QB's never develop. Having a running QB is a nice option, but it also says your running game or passing game is lacking to the point you need one.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
How would any of us know what JS is thinking?
Well when he kicked me out of bed this morning be said “you go on that website you dirty little thing and tell them everything” and I was so upset with the way he was talking to me I said “listen here you dirty little chicken nuggie I’m not tellin anything” and he stormed off.

So I’m not sayin anything sorry ladies and gents.

xray

Reaction score
Who ever lands Penix better have the best OL that money can buy . If they don't , he will be freight-trained into the turf a few dozen times , and will probably blow up one or both of his shoulders again . He brings a history of season ending injuries to the NFL .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story. But keep telling yourself what he CAN'T do.
Then again, I highly doubt you watched even 5 games that Penix played in 2 years with UW.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I voted other.

I can see Rattler, Milton, or Travis.

N3putts@

Reaction score
Saw McCarthy all 4 years at Michigan and not one time did I see him have to win a game with his arm. Hell the second half against Penn State this year he handed off the ball every snap. No passes. Also with basically 2 or 3 three tough opponents each year I’m not sure if he’s a first round difference maker.

The problem is that he’s been at Michigan with two great backs and a loaded team where he was a glorified bus driver. What happens when he goes to a team with no talent and he’s expected to be elite?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If we look at Schneiders history of QB's that he's flirted with, he seems to really value arm strength and athleticism.

The first QB we can think of here is of course Russell Wilson. While he did not possess proto-typical NFL size, Wilson had a cannon of an arm, an elite deep ball and his speed/agility put him in the top 1 percent of the NFL as far as QB's go from day one. Young Wilson also possessed the ability to accelerate to full speed in the blink of an eye. He could stop and start on a dime. I'm convinced if he was a RB he'd probably be a Barry Sanders like character. His elusiveness was elite, he made the best NFL defenders look like fools trying to tackle him. He could throw the ball with scary velocity and accuracy from really weird and unorthodox positions.

The second QB I can recall a lot of buzz around was Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes didn't posses an elite 40 times, but like Wilson he had the ability to stop and start on a dime and throw from weird and unorthodox positions. He too also possessed an elite arm and improvisational skills.

The third QB we heard about is Josh Allen. There was a ton of talking going around about the Seahawks and Josh Allen. As far as rumors go I think this is the most likely one to have potentially happened. The rumors caused so much buzz that Wilson and his agent contacted Carroll/Schneider. Josh Allen was an extremely raw prospect. Accuracy was not great in college, but neither was Allen's mechanics. His arm strength, measurables and improv ability were off the charts.

The fourth QB that was tied to us was our own Drew Lock. Lock was the Allen archetype. A raw prospect with a huge arm and a quick on his feet.

The fifth QB linked to us was Richardson last season. Anthony Richardson was another QB that was as raw as they came. He possessed elite speed, a gifted arm and a knack for improvisational abilities.

Schneider has flirted with Mahomes, Allen, Lock, and Richardson as well as drafted Russell Wilson. Just about all of these QB's have elite measurables and are known for their work after the play breaks down. Even Whitehurst was very mobile and had a decent arm on him, he just was extremely inaccurate. T-Jack even fit into this mold somewhat, big arm, athletic.

Of all the QB's we see in the NFL draft I'd say that Maye, Williams and Daniels fit the Schneider archetype the most. If we go further, most of these QB's were known as high character guys. I'd say that Maye and Daniels are the two main QB's on Schneiders radar if we draft a QB in the first if we just go by the players that Schneider supposedly liked. Schneider was also one of the highest ranking guys in the FO in GB when they drafted Rodgers.

If get a QB, I'm going to assume he's going to put a high priority on guys that are good at improvising and are above average athletes.

I think given Schneiders past preferences, that leaves Penix and Bo Nix out and McCarthy as the wildcard. I think Penix and Nix are a no right now, but wouldn't be surprised if Schneider pulls the trigger. Penix ran a lot and seemed to show improv abilities, but has also had a lot of knee injuries. He can still move but doesn't very dynamic these days. He's almost purely a pocket passer these days, very much so like our very own Geno Smith in both strengths and weaknesses. Bo Nix is quick on his feet but lacks elite arm strength.

J.J McCarthy is the one that I'm unsure about. He has shown a knack for improvisation, he's good at throwing on the move and his arm strength is well above average, but is clearly not as good as a Penix, Maye, Daniels or Williams. He doesn't quite fit into the Schneider mold, but he does seem to have a certain "IT" factor about him that Wilson had. He's not the best out of the bunch in any category but he seems to do everything well. He is this drafts jack of all trades, master of none sort of character. He kind of gives me Brock Purdy sort of vibes.

If Schneider could draft one of these guys, i'd put my money on Daniels.

Good analysis.

Looking at the long game from how Js and Mac see it job security wise, they have to get one of those top 6 qbs.