Players who love the game

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Are the Seahawks better at finding these kind of players than everybody else? I can't remember a team with this many natural hard workers.

As a guy who played from Pee Wee on through college I can understand when guys get tired of it. But I don't see that very much with the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do think Pete and John have been better at finding these type of players, which is how you turn a 5th round draft pick into the #1 corner in the game, and a 5 foot nothin' QB into a SB champ.

They obviously have personality trait checklist that they stick to come draft/free agent time..........and love of the game is right at the top.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I do believe it's the #1 criteria that they look for. If they have all the skill in the world, but don't have it, I don't think they look at taking/signing them.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
They've said they put a great emphasis on targeting certain players with that fire in the belly. (Don't know where they went wrong with Moffitt). To me, Pete does things like Popovich. He's so great at finding guys (Kawhi Leonard) that completely buy in and are unselfish

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
-The Glove-":33ka3y1b said:
They've said they put a great emphasis on targeting certain players with that fire in the belly. (Don't know where they went wrong with Moffitt). To me, Pete does things like Popovich. He's so great at finding guys (Kawhi Leonard) that completely buy in and are unselfish

I think Moffitt has issues. His arrest shortly after his release for petty reasons is proof of that. I wish him well, but sometimes you just don't know about people. Still, Pete&Co hit more than they miss.