Play of the game???

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3cgi3zqs said:
As trenchbroom mentioned, Wilson's run for first down on 4th down in Texan territory. Without that, none of this could happen.

Technically that run doesn't happen without Baldwin's catch.

olyfan63

Reaction score
How ironic that Rice, one of least physical players, is the one with the collision that puts Cushing out of the game.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
The relentless, never-give-up DL pressure on Matt that led to the pick-six.

I was figuring Houston was going to drain the clock at that point without a big turnover and we got it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It all started with Baldwins tippy toe catch. 99 yard drive ends right there and so the comeback is aborted before it ever began.

formido

Reaction score
Has to be Sherman's pick. Interceptions for TDs are rare plays, it's worth 7 points, and it was at a high leverage part of the game.

kc311

Reaction score
formido":3s8kvo4x said:
Has to be Sherman's pick. Interceptions for TDs are rare plays, it's worth 7 points, and it was at a high leverage part of the game.

Unless Schaub is your QB... He's thrown a pick 6 three games in a row!

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
So herd to pick, but it was Sherman pick that gave us a chance. Hard to see how they would have been able to tie things up without it or an equally amazing touchdown. Russ was amazing, the D started to get pressure, Doug is also amazing and the halftime adjustments all made the Winn possible.

GO HAWKS!

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I think Sherman's pick has to be it. If he hadnt picked it, it would have been another first down and we would have been calling our last time-outs to try to get the ball back with no time still down 7.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
How long ago Marshawn's first quarter run seems. That was one of his best of all-time and led to 3 pts.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Baldwins catch was the play of the game (as well as the challenge by Carroll).

We don't come close to winning without that one.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
The juggling ball getting into Thomas' hands sure got lost here. Of course that's not the play of the game but shouldn't it get mentioned?

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":21pvbwsj said:
How long ago Marshawn's first quarter run seems. That was one of his best of all-time and led to 3 pts.
Agreed. That play is totally lost in the shuffle yet taken on its own, was maybe the most awesome play of the whole game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3awvp6vp said:
The juggling ball getting into Thomas' hands sure got lost here. Of course that's not the play of the game but shouldn't it get mentioned?

The fact that it didn't lead to any points diminishes its impact. It kept the Texans from scoring, but ultimately wasn't a play that severely determined the final outcome. Great play, thought. Just not play of the game.

hawk45

Reaction score
kc311":3ms8l09i said:
formido":3ms8l09i said:

Unless Schaub is your QB... He's thrown a pick 6 three games in a row!
Yeah Schaub entering Romo territory where he can be the opposing team's MVP at times.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
It was baldwins catch. If that play doesn't happen we are punting out of our own end zone and Houston only needs about 20 yards to get into field goal range. or if they go 3 and out they punt deep into our territory again.
You can argue it was Wilson's run on 4th down.
Without those 2 plays, we lose possession and are down more than 1 score.
If I remember correctly, Sherman into was on 3rd down. No doubt a Great play but if he just knocks it down we still get the ball back with a chance to tie

pmedic920

Reaction score
I agree with the thoughts that there was many key plays. Plenty of plays that if they had not happened, the outcome would have changed. I think whatever PC and the rest of the staff did in the locker room at halftime was the "TRUE" key to this game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"The fact that it didn't lead to any points diminishes its impact. It kept the Texans from scoring, but ultimately wasn't a play that severely determined the final outcome. Great play, thought. Just not play of the game."

That Thomas play was HUGE. It kept us in the game.

If that play is not made, then they either kick a FG or score a TD. Even with a FG there is no overtime after Sherman's pick 6 because they would be up by 3.

There were so many plays that kept that game in check.

The great play that got us out of the shadow of our own goalline where Baldwin makes the sideline catch probably saved a score too. The 4th and 3 run, the fumble by Tate (their Tate) - all of them came at the exact time we needed them in order to win that game.

That was a game that we had no shot at winning. There was too much to overcome. I had already accepted the loss and just wanted Wilson to come out of it healthy. With the insane penetration and incredible amount of defensive ferocity the Seahawks were facing, it looked like we were going to get Wilson killed. No ordinary QB and no ordinary team could come back when nothing was working.

I don't think you could point to one play that was the most important. We needed every play just to stay in that game and keep close to wait for something to break our way. The Sherman play tied it, but there were a bunch of plays that shut down drives and kept them from scoring that were just as important - and there were several times a drive was saved by Wilson weaving some sort of magic on the ground when nothing was working in the air.

If football angels exist, we had them yesterday. I am still in shock on that one.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Absolutely that Wilson run on 4th and 2.. We lose if he doesnt get that first down.

Latest posts