Pick # 121 - TE AJ Barner

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Nor do I have a problem with former Buckeyes being Seahawks, I like JSN and Dre'.
Once they get drafted all college associations are null and void. We would all love our college players on our NFL team but the NFL is a different animal. All you can do is mourn when they go to a team you hate. Believe me I died a bit when Moody went to the Whiners and today my heart broke because Corum went to the Lambs. I ❤️ Buckeyes that play for the Seahawks

Scout

Reaction score
Barner is sneaky good and smooth running routes and only Bowers was more evasive TE in collegiate football. But his run blocking is where he makes his money but the team can run 12 personnel with Barner and not miss a beat.

Rat

Reaction score
Nor do I have a problem with former Buckeyes being Seahawks, I like JSN and Dre'.
I was beating the drum hard for us to draft Amara Darboh, so maybe it's not good when I like former Wolverines lol. I was really high on Jourdan Lewis and Donovan Peoples-Jones too.

Rat

Reaction score
Once they get drafted all college associations are null and void. We would all love our college players on our NFL team but the NFL is a different animal. All you can do is mourn when they go to a team you hate. Believe me I died a bit when Moody went to the Whiners and today my heart broke because Corum went to the Lambs. I ❤️ Buckeyes that play for the Seahawks
Yeah, I really don't like that Marvin Harrison Jr had to go to a team we play twice a year, although MUCH better the Cards than the Rams or Niners.

GemCity

Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't like that Marvin Harrison Jr had to go to a team we play twice a year, although MUCH better the Cards than the Rams or Niners.
Definitely not looking forward to this…I feel likes he’s going to be the hardest cover in the NFL.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Stover was 74 spots ahead of Barner on the consensus board. I like Barner's fit better, but I don't know that he was ranked higher on an overall level.
According to PFF Barner was higher rated than Stover.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
After listening to the Seahawks final post draft press conference, it sounds like Barner was hand pick by Coach Macdonald. It seems like JS let Mike lean into our picks in the 4th round. I thought our 4th round picks were a bit of reach, but if those were Mike's guys, then it makes more sense.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Looks like a good, reliable receiver. He's making catches over the middle in traffic that others *cough* Jimmy Graham *cough* would not.

Anybody with concerns about Barner's ability as a pass catcher should watch these highlights through to the end. His Hoosier tape is pretty good here.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m more worried about him blocking on the edge.

Fant has all the pass catching ability we need at TE.

Maybe this cat needs to beef up a bit?

Edit: Verse has me worried. That dude is strong. He looked like a gotdamn lumberjack when they showed him getting picked by the Lambs…just two games and all…but sheesh. He needs to work on his moves but there’s no doubt he’s a strong, strong, man.

Last edited: