Pete's Post Game Comments

RiverDog

Reaction score
I had a hard time believing that this article was from yesterday, not a year ago, and I had to double check the date. I've edited out a lot of the comments so feel free to check out the entire article if you think that I'm missing some sort of context. Here's what Pete said following last night's ass kicking:

Fast forwarding to the first meeting between the Seahawks and 49ers this season on Thanksgiving night, even on the heels of a disappointing road loss to the Rams last Sunday, Carroll earnestly believes his team stacks up better against their rival than they did when they were swept a year ago.

“I like where we are and what we’ve done coverage wise and system wise," Carroll said on Monday. "This team really does check you out and they’ll check out your scheme. We give them (Niners) a lot of credit and have a lot of respect for them. But I feel like we’re much farther along than we were (last season).”

“We're much cleaner coverage wise and were much more consistent at the line of scrimmage than we were in our fits and all of that," Carroll remarked. "We’ve cleaned it up and very demanding of how precise we need to be in it, and it’s worked out. We’ve had pretty good results.”

"It’s just a really difficult team to deal with, but teams have figured it out. They have found them out. They were able to get them. We understand that; they’ve got three losses and we’ve got four losses. This is a huge opportunity for us.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/se ... isco-49ers

He thinks that we're "much further along", that we've "closed the gap", and that we've had "pretty good results"? Did he watch the same game that I did? I used to half-jokingly say that Pete could paint a smiley face on the worst of situations, but these comments really take the cake. Does he truly believe them himself or is he just trying to motivate his team at a time that they must be feeling pretty down?

strohmin

Reaction score
I had a hard time believing that this article was from yesterday, not a year ago, and I had to double check the date. I've edited out a lot of the comments so feel free to check out the entire article if you think that I'm missing some sort of context. Here's what Pete said following last night's ass kicking:

Fast forwarding to the first meeting between the Seahawks and 49ers this season on Thanksgiving night, even on the heels of a disappointing road loss to the Rams last Sunday, Carroll earnestly believes his team stacks up better against their rival than they did when they were swept a year ago.

“I like where we are and what we’ve done coverage wise and system wise," Carroll said on Monday. "This team really does check you out and they’ll check out your scheme. We give them (Niners) a lot of credit and have a lot of respect for them. But I feel like we’re much farther along than we were (last season).”

“We're much cleaner coverage wise and were much more consistent at the line of scrimmage than we were in our fits and all of that," Carroll remarked. "We’ve cleaned it up and very demanding of how precise we need to be in it, and it’s worked out. We’ve had pretty good results.”

"It’s just a really difficult team to deal with, but teams have figured it out. They have found them out. They were able to get them. We understand that; they’ve got three losses and we’ve got four losses. This is a huge opportunity for us.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/se ... isco-49ers

He thinks that we're "much further along", that we've "closed the gap", and that we've had "pretty good results"? Did he watch the same game that I did? I used to half-jokingly say that Pete could paint a smiley face on the worst of situations, but these comments really take the cake. Does he truly believe them himself or is he just trying to motivate his team at a time that they must be feeling pretty down?
Pete is an arrogant incompetent tool now

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Yeah. We'll see a sea of red in the PFF scores for tackling yet again.
Exactly! The primary factor in the game last night was the Niner's success running the ball YAC. That is due to what appears to be a teamwide adherence for trying to arm tackle at shoulder height. ALL NIGHT LONG, same thing. Our guys were in position to make the stop but the Niners ran through it and down the field, forcing us to creep up for run defense, then hitting us with the passes. Nothing new, just perfect execution of balanced offensive scheme.
Our guys came out after the half with attitude and won the third quarter. If they could bottle that attitude and drink it for an entire game we would have a top tier team. Uh, not quite...we would have a top tier defense.
We have seen the best of Geno. It aint gonna get any better. He has his strengths, but they are getting buried by his weaknesses.

cymatica

Reaction score
Even though the comments were before the game, it shows how out of touch he has become

seabowl

Reaction score
It’s the same wrong sentiments after every bad loss. Where in the management structure is the person who overseas Pete Carroll going to tell him he needs to fix this and now? How do you have a professional franchise and no management structure with accountability at all levels?

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Even though the comments were before the game, it shows how out of touch he has become
Yuppers. It also explains the Leonard Williams trade, that Pete truly believes that he's just a player away from the Super Bowl and is willing to push his chips to the center of the table to get that missing piece. It was the same thing that motivated him to pull the trigger on the Jamal Adams and Jadeveon Clowney trades.