Pete's decision making....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Carroll has lost the team, the fans, and most dangerously to him, Judge Jody Allen.

She's in a foul mood after yesterday's game. Every loss decreases the value of her future liquidation of this asset.

According to who/what?

Jody is upset with a team in the playoff hunt?

I really don't think Jody is the football genius you guys seem to think she is. She probably doesn't pay attention to much other than the record.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
According to who/what?

I really don't think Jody is the football genius you guys seem to think she is. She probably doesn't pay attention to much other than the record.
False. She was in the draft room with Pete and John last year making sure they didn't muck it up.

It takes an owner with a serious vested interest to sit in the war room and call the shots.

She may have had her purse on the counter because she had a cocktail dinner to attend, who knows, but Judge Jody was there.

She was very upset yesterday. She's upset today. Changes are coming. Mark my words

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not going for it on 4th down in the 4th, when down by 2 scores, with 1 timeout because 2 were waisted, and the defense can't stop the run. What do you know, Carolina ran the clock down to 2 minutes and kicked a fg. They ended up with points anyways but had more field to bleed the clock.

This was absolutely one of the dumbest decisions I've seen by a professional coach. Zero situational awareness and zero spine. I would hope the press actually hammer him on this, but we know Seattle sports media will just let it slide.

How dare you criticize St. Pete. You know he won a Super Bowl a decade ago.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There are so many legitimate things to be pissed about, and people always feel the need to take it to cartoony extremes. I don't get it.

You all can be mad that the team is getting cuckolded on defense. You all can be mad that Geno had a not-good game.

Why do we now have to go to "Jody Allen is so mad she can't see straight, even though the team is still like 5 wins over what is expected!"

Is there not enough there to be upset with already?

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
According to who/what?

Playoff hunt? Do you honestly think this team can go anywhere if they make the playoffs? The tired old cliché of "its a new season" doesn't mean jack when losing teams can rack up 200 rush yards with ease

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
False. She was in the draft room with Pete and John last year making sure they didn't muck it up.

It takes an owner with a serious vested interest to sit in the war room and call the shots.

She may have had her purse on the counter because she had a cocktail dinner to attend, who knows, but Judge Jody was there.

She was very upset yesterday. She's upset today. Changes are coming. Mark my words

I'm not marking your words without any proof, because it isn't a logical conclusion to come to.

She was in the draft room, sure. After she signed off on trading away the teams most recognizable player and cutting the second most recognizable player. Kind of a massive vouch of confidence in the front office, no?

I'm not seeing an authoritarian who wants to dictate football operations so much as I'm seeing an owner who simply took an interest and is... you know, kind of there.

If we're rooting for Jody to take any more of an active role than that, then we've lost it. That's horrific process.

Jody Allen "making sure they didn't muck it up." JFC. I guess she's qualified to be GM, too? That really the way we want this to go? Jerry Jones but with far less football experience?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Playoff hunt? Do you honestly think this team can go anywhere if they make the playoffs? The tired old cliché of "its a new season" doesn't mean jack when losing teams can rack up 200 rush yards with ease

Yes, they are in the playoff hunt.

This is objective fact.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They have an opinion of Jody Allen and how she is feeling. Their opinions hold just as much ground as anyone else. She probably is pissed off like many of us.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Why else was she in the draft war room then?
She was front in center for the camera on ESPN they purchased from the 7 11 down the road the night before.

Pete and John needed their boss there to make sure they didn't trade away #9 for a bunch of spare change like John loves doing.

Her being there resulted in Charles Cross, the best left tackle this team has had since Jones, to be drafted.

I have sources near Jody Allen, and they tell me her violent temper "shook the room" yesterday. I'm surprised she didn't sink her yacht with how mad she was. Hell hath no fury than Judge Jody Allen's scorn.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
She was front in center for the camera on ESPN they purchased from the 7 11 down the road the night before.

Pete and John needed their boss there to make sure they didn't trade away #9 for a bunch of spare change like John loves doing.

Her being there resulted in Charles Cross, the best left tackle this team has had since Jones, to be drafted.

I have sources near Jody Allen, and they tell me her violent temper "shook the room" yesterday. I'm surprised she didn't sink her yacht with how mad she was. Hell hath no fury than Judge Jody Allen's scorn.

Ah, you're doing the Welshers thing. Got it.

Anyway, I find this whole take pretty objectionable. John has never, ever traded out of the top half of the first round.

Ever.

A single time.

He's following the same rebuild roadmap as he always has - lock down the blindside protection first. He did the same thing with Okung.

John was actually trying to trade UP in the first to ensure that happened.

My guess is that, as usual, the front office was presenting a fully unified front at the time, as if you remember, they were getting DESTROYED in the PR battle after the Russ trade. Jody has never not been behind her football organization, and I highly doubt she wants to rebuild that organization at great financial risk.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Name your sources or stfu. Nobody wants to argue against bullshit. It doesn't lead to anything but a fake resolution created by a lie.

Nunya

Reaction score

There are many reasons why she was in the draft room that have nothing to do with "babysitting" her decision makers. The most logical reason would be that she was invited into the draft room to observe and participate in the incredible atmosphere that is created in drafting rooms on draft day. To be part of the team. To share in the fun an excitement. To understand the process. To feel the joy of contacting your selected players and feeling their joy back through the phone. To be on the ground floor as you are trying to build a team.

Nunya

Reaction score
I call BS