Pete's decision making....

cymatica

Reaction score
Not going for it on 4th down in the 4th, when down by 2 scores, with 1 timeout because 2 were waisted, and the defense can't stop the run. What do you know, Carolina ran the clock down to 2 minutes and kicked a fg. They ended up with points anyways but had more field to bleed the clock.

This was absolutely one of the dumbest decisions I've seen by a professional coach. Zero situational awareness and zero spine. I would hope the press actually hammer him on this, but we know Seattle sports media will just let it slide.

Polk738

Reaction score
It's his decision making on the challenges that really irks me.....you know he wasn't going to win that leg catch challenge, the burned time out after the playclock ran down I put on Geno, he was just to slow to make adjustments at the line.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The next time he wins a challenge will be first time.
He's actually above average in challenge win percentage over his career here. There will never, ever be a coach that people will think is good enough at challenging.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's his decision making on the challenges that really irks me.....you know he wasn't going to win that leg catch challenge, the burned time out after the playclock ran down I put on Geno, he was just to slow to make adjustments at the line.
Winning the challenge isn't the only thing that matters, though. They're a game management tool.

If there's a chance for an overturn, which most would think there is on such a stupid catch, it's usually worth throwing it to stall the momentum the other team is building. Long timeout. Losing a timeout isn't enough of a deterrent to make that not worth it.

We're also not considering time outs getting wasted by having them available when the clock strikes zero, which is also an inefficiency.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The timeout we took on offense was on 2nd down at our own 4, meaning that it saved us just two yards.

In a close game, those 2nd half timeouts are like gold, and we pissed away two of them.

Torc

Reaction score
I thought the catch between the legs touched the ground as he rolled, and that it was a worthwhile challenge. After seeing it several times I understood why they didn't overturn it.

It's not like Pete can see it himself (except on the big screen I guess), he has someone in the booth telling him they think it would be overturned.

GemCity

Reaction score
I didn’t agree with the decision either but, Pete’s way smarter than I am when it comes to football.

Who knows what he had in mind?!

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
I didn’t agree with the decision either but, Pete’s way smarter than I am when it comes to football.

Who knows what he had in mind?!
If you can find just 1 good reason for punting, with that defense and 1 timeout, I'm all ears.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It's the Packers blowing a chance at the Superbowl decision from a few years back vs the Bucs.
The coaching personnel should have a hard cut-off time of x minutes remaining, where there historically is little to no chance of getting the ball back if punted, and roll many and all dice on the 4th and whatever.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Fade chiming in...3....2....1.......
He would be right though. Pete was bad yesterday. Punting down 10 with 1 timeout and 6 minutes left when you can’t stop the run was stupid. He would probably admit it today after thinking about it.

Pete is all time good in some areas and he also has some areas he’s not that great in just like most coaches and/or players. His game management stuff has been not great forever now

Ozzy

Reaction score
NO, he doesn't...
I don’t get the constant piling on Fade just because you disagree with him. Not saying you just a general tone of the board. This place has turned into a version of a political debate where it’s my team vs their team and it’s silly.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Carroll has lost the team, the fans, and most dangerously to him, Judge Jody Allen.

She's in a foul mood after yesterday's game. Every loss decreases the value of her future liquidation of this asset.