Pete: We Tried To Sign AB

Seafan

Reaction score
It was about money and Hawks couldn't compete. IMO the Hawks don't need the distraction.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt it was even close, but we will never really know. He wouldn't come here, no way in hell. We don't throw the ball 73 times a game like AB wants.

quadsas

Reaction score
When AB started pulling his shenanigans there were only two teams who would he sign for and who would take him - us and Pats. he went to Pats.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
quadsas":1xnf8jjt said:
When AB started pulling his shenanigans there were only two teams who would he sign for and who would take him - us and Pats. he went to Pats.
He would have been a flaming disaster here.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
AB and Wilson have history together and it seems both enjoy each other's company.

Seymour

Reaction score
If true....then Carroll learned nothing from the Percy disaster. :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt it was even close, but that's just my own opinion. Absolutely horrible fit for this team.

TreeRon

Reaction score
We wren't going to give him 9 mill bonus

quadsas

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":22vx2zn6 said:
quadsas":22vx2zn6 said:
He would have been a flaming disaster here.

We don't know that. He is a bit mental but the mental bit comes out when he's upset. He wanted out of Pittsburgh and made sure he got out. He wanted out of Raiders and pulled that off spectacularly.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We don't need him infecting our super rookie WR.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I too am glad that we did not get him. Finally, I think we have won the lottery in the draft with DK. And just wait with DK and Lockett deep and getting double coverage....when Ursua is active the middle of the field will open up for the Slot and I look forward to Ursua making huge plays and being a third down option. I would rather see Ursua as the third option instead of the Tight Ends.....which I am underwhelmed with. Let's hope Dissly will come back all the way from his Patella injury. He did not look great yesterday. AB would have impeded the evolution of our young wide receivers. I can only hope this will backfire on the Patriots. I do not want to see AB or the Patriots get Super Bowl rings this year.

James in PA

Reaction score
Part of me is surprised, part of me isn’t. After some of the egomaniacs they cleared outta here in recent years, I don’t know why they’d want to go down that path again. But, as always, Pete & John can leave no stone unturned. I’m sure they were thinking “if the price is right, why not?” Of course the evil empire quickly swooped in, just like everyone knew they would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk