Pete said it all, by not saying anything.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kearly":2gc9lp1h said:
Scottemojo":2gc9lp1h said:
Never is a strong word.
But he has flipped his OC off, and if he had some respect for Bevell, he wouldn't do cameos on TV shows where he mocked the decision to pass the ball. Dislike Bevell? I doubt it. Respect him? Doesn't seem like it. He certainly hasn't been telling his momma how good Bevell is.

The NFL is a work environment. Most people are smart enough to avoid trashing their co-workers and bosses to their face. So instead, they gossip about it with other co-workers or vent about it to friends and family members.

I don't always always put 100% stock into the things friends and family members of players say, but usually when they speak out, more often than not they are expressing frustration their friend or family member cannot. Like when Salk mentioned offhand that he thought Holmgren tried to ruin Brock's pro career, even though Salk didn't follow Seattle sports in the early 2000s. Or when Gisele complained about Tom's receivers never catching anything in the postseason a few years ago. Or when Mama Lynch goes off on Bevell. Not every such case is representation of the player but in my experience with human beings I would think that many of them are.

Doug Baldwin is a vocal Bevell-supporter, but even he admitted publicly that Bevell's post SB comments about Lockette bothered him and his teammates.

But all that being said, whatever degree of antipathy exists currently, the team hasn't quit on Bevell. When I see evidence that the team is quitting on him or trying to sabotage him then and only then will I know he has a problem.
You're right Kearly, that would be a problem and would necessitate a change. But I think the team still believes in Bevell and the gameplan that has been constructed by the entire coaching staff. The players likely feel frustration, but to a man, I'd surmise that they'd include themselves as part of the problem and still have high expectations for themselves and the team. Nothing will lift this pall like a win.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
In my opinion, this team has a mental block, the genesis of which is the last ill-fated play of SB XLIX.

Whether or not Bevell made the correct decision can (and will) be debated for years to come. But on practical matter, I would speculate that a majority of the team blames Bevell.

For this reason, Bevell, must be let go. Or better yet, Bevell should resign (yes, 'resign', not 're-sign'). Whether or not he is a good playcaller is irrelevant at this point.

Latest posts