Pete said it all, by not saying anything.

FanSince82

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2p87fbsh said:
brimsalabim":2p87fbsh said:
I wouldn't think Earl could be reffering to Richard because the LOB pushed for him to get the job over Norton didn't they?
No, you know who it is and the team is basically imploding right before our eyes. Riddle me this...did you actually believe Carolina wouldn't either tie it or win it when they got the ball back? Guess who's fault that is? Not Richards.

It's okay given this team needs to houseclean some things and make a couple large changes not at the player level to put it gracefully.
Bingo

BlackDiamondHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":16za5164 said:
What is different is this team never recovered from Superbowl 49.

The mentally strong Seahawks we all new and loved that was special for the last 3 years is a damn corpse on that field where SB 49 happened.

There was a lot of discussion as to whether Pete would lose the team after the SB. He would have been wise to immediately get rid of Bevell and Lockette, Leaving just he and Russ as the major contributors to the worst play call in Seahawk history.
Now Russell has taken the chunk of money that he did leaving the Oline and defensive players who think that they are underpaid, fighting for the scraps. If Russell cannot start producing with Bevell here, then Pete is in for an agonizing finish.
The only hope I see is for Paul Allen to have a heart to heart with Pete and Schneider on how to right the ship.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1l2hqonp said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1l2hqonp said:
MizzouHawkGal":1l2hqonp said:
brimsalabim":1l2hqonp said:
I wouldn't think Earl could be reffering to Richard because the LOB pushed for him to get the job over Norton didn't they?
No, you know who it is and the team is basically imploding right before our eyes. Riddle me this...did you actually believe Carolina wouldn't either tie it or win it when they got the ball back? Guess who's fault that is? Not Richards.

It's okay given this team needs to houseclean some things and make a couple large changes not at the player level to put it gracefully.

The only thing I can think of that you're implying here is to make a change from Pete Carroll as the head coach. I could be wrong in how I'm reading your post. However if I am correct then that is silliness at best.
Guessing he means at the coordinator level.
There is hope for you yet. It's she but that isn't relevant to my point.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bitter":2djv9ud2 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2djv9ud2 said:
chris98251":2djv9ud2 said:
Pete's press conference said there was no one thing but lots of little things. Earls interview stating there was a lot of things he wanted to say but couldn't.

This tells me they are in a flux of the change that has occurred, things being different, coaches doing things different, they don't want to call anyone out but there is certainly some people they want to hold accountable.

Behind the scenes I think there is a bit of conflict with things, whether it's defense against offense, against OC or DC or players not thinking others are holding up their end. The team is not cohesive, the team isn't showing that same all togetherness on the sidelines either.

I think we will muddle thru things this year, correct a few issues and maybe salvage something out of it. The wear and tear of two long, long seasons and the toll taken on players mentally and physically I also think has shown it's reprocussions. They won't say it but think about working over time consistently for three years straight and how it would wear you down.

I believe we will make some dramatic player changes next season to bring in new blood and lower contracts, I expect some coaches to be replaced as well, I won't speculate on who, I do think Pete will look at where problems are and make the changes, regressing isn't something he will accept for long, hearing Boo Birds at home sent a message as well, even if not acknowledged right now.
Good post Chris and I agree with all you've said. I might add I strongly believe this team was badly damaged psychologically by XLIX both by losing the 10 point 4th quarter lead and by that fateful interception on the NE one. I also think these guys have tasted success and gotten greedy and self-absorbed. Not all of them. I don't think it applies to Earl or Sherm but certainly does to Kam, Bennett, Irvin, etc.

Pete has a GIGANTIC mental and emotional repair and replace job in front of him.

I suspect a good portion of the XLIX damage stems from no repercussions for Bevell. Pete's system, more than most others, rely on the players being "in". If you start to lose that at all, you get what we are seeing now.
I agree completely

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Earl not saying anything, says everything.

There may very well be infighting among teammates and not trusting the coaches decisions. You can't lose these games basically the same way and not expect players starting to point fingers somewhere.

I think Paul Allen needs to do an in house team audit.

Cause if the problem is the coaching staff has lost the locker room, a change in management might be necessary.

xgeoff

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":2l2tafos said:
Idk, but a really think that the team is missing some of its Defensive Coordinators that they lost last Season. Because something is definitely missing on the Defensive side of the ball.

I don't think the problem is Kris Richard. He's calling the defenses, but the problem doesn't appear to be the defenses that are called but rather the play of the people in those defenses.

Kris Richard didn't make Dion Bailey fall down. Kris Richard didn't cause the miscommunication between Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. Kris Richard didn't cause Kam Chancellor to hold out.

It's not Kris Richard's fault that the D-line doesn't seem to be able to get pressure in critical situations. It's the players. The players, the players, the players. They're not making plays.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":19k79bpw said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":19k79bpw said:
MizzouHawkGal":19k79bpw said:
brimsalabim":19k79bpw said:

The only thing I can think of that you're implying here is to make a change from Pete Carroll as the head coach. I could be wrong in how I'm reading your post. However if I am correct then that is silliness at best.
Guessing he means at the coordinator level.

Pretty sure that's what she means
Pretty sure you guys wear tinfoil hats and are full of hooey.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The Legion of Boom (Kam, ET, Sherm) are tight. What pissed Kam off Pissed off all of them. From what I gather, paying Cary Williams that much money pissed off Kam. Cary sucks. That was a bad move.

So was The Call.

So the team is not thrilled with the coaching staff. Then, there were no repercussions on Bevell. Win forever my ass, if win forever is true, Bevell should have been fired long ago. Lynch never liked him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1hp750s7 said:
The Legion of Boom (Kam, ET, Sherm) are tight. What pissed Kam off Pissed off all of them. From what I gather, paying Cary Williams that much money pissed off Kam. Cary sucks. That was a bad move.

So was The Call.

So the team is not thrilled with the coaching staff. Then, there were no repercussions on Bevell. Win forever my ass, if win forever is true, Bevell should have been fired long ago. Lynch never liked him.
Can we please see proof that Lynch never liked Bev, or did you just produce that out of thin air. Just keeping the discussion honest hombre.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1k1pjmqg said:
SalishHawkFan":1k1pjmqg said:

So was The Call.

Can we please see proof that Lynch never liked Bev, or did you just produce that out of thin air. Just keeping the discussion honest hombre.

Maxresdefault

massari

Reaction score
evergreen":1yykzhrt said:
our agonizingly close losses came against teams going 19-3. And three of them Hate us. Two were extremely motivated to vanquish us after we beat them in the playoffs... Just saying keep it in perspective...

Exactly.

Every loss has been competitive against great teams. Fix blowing late leads and the Hawks are in business.

rcaido

Reaction score
I think Earl wanted to call out Cary Williams. Its obvious he is frustrated with the guy, did you see all the glares he gave him? Sherman gave it to him too & they never acknowledge him during the interviews...

We also had a hard time stopping the run, i think if Wagner played today, this would have been a blow out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3sq8pwy1 said:
SalishHawkFan":3sq8pwy1 said:

So was The Call.

Never is a strong word.
But he has flipped his OC off, and if he had some respect for Bevell, he wouldn't do cameos on TV shows where he mocked the decision to pass the ball. Dislike Bevell? I doubt it. Respect him? Doesn't seem like it. He certainly hasn't been telling his momma how good Bevell is.

McG

Reaction score
Bevell is a complete joke, we had been winning in spite of him. The OL is laughable. The defense spends too much time on the field for them to be effective the entire game.

This is obviously pure speculation, but if you think it's upsetting, as a fan, to see the offense go 3 and out constantly with the lead, imagine how the defense feels? Our defense is an emotional bunch and after the third or fourth time in a row of the offense going 3 and out, they can't be hyped up. They have to be mentally drained by that point in the game, which just happens to be around the 4th quarter. I hope PC and co. end up cutting ties with Bevell before the season is over, hopefully after the Cowboys game going into the bye week. Doubtful, but a man can always dream.

razor150

Reaction score
This teams isn't cohesive unit anymore. You have the heartbreaking defeat in the SB where nobody was held accountable, then you have a Team Leader like Kam hold out for more money, the signing of Williams which the LoB seems to hate, and then you have Bennet screaming for more money every chance he gets. The us vs the world attitude seems to have been replaced with us vs the coaches and front office attitude.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2sh22i72 said:
Siouxhawk":2sh22i72 said:
SalishHawkFan":2sh22i72 said:

So was The Call.

Never is a strong word.
But he has flipped his OC off, and if he had some respect for Bevell, he wouldn't do cameos on TV shows where he mocked the decision to pass the ball. Dislike Bevell? I doubt it. Respect him? Doesn't seem like it. He certainly hasn't been telling his momma how good Bevell is.
It's conjecture on your part that he was flipping Bev off in particular. How do you know it wasn't directed at Pete or a teammate?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":16y9b9nq said:
Never is a strong word.

The NFL is a work environment. Most people are smart enough to avoid trashing their co-workers and bosses to their face. So instead, they gossip about it with other co-workers or vent about it to friends and family members.

I don't always always put 100% stock into the things friends and family members of players say, but usually when they speak out, more often than not they are expressing frustration their friend or family member cannot. Like when Salk mentioned offhand that he thought Holmgren tried to ruin Brock's pro career, even though Salk didn't follow Seattle sports in the early 2000s. Or when Gisele complained about Tom's receivers never catching anything in the postseason a few years ago. Or when Mama Lynch goes off on Bevell. Not every such case is representation of the player but in my experience with human beings I would think that many of them are.

Doug Baldwin is a vocal Bevell-supporter, but even he admitted publicly that Bevell's post SB comments about Lockette bothered him and his teammates.

But all that being said, whatever degree of antipathy exists currently, the team hasn't quit on Bevell. When I see evidence that the team is quitting on him or trying to sabotage him then and only then will I know he has a problem.

Latest posts