Pete Carroll needs to go

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":10p8q9m4 said:
It takes about 5 years to rebuild and season a group of players, if you can get a group overall that are talented enough to work and build together. It also takes the right players in a system, some don't fit talent wise, some don't have it upstairs.

Pete's system works when he has the pieces there is no question, adaption on the fly is where he sometimes waits too long to change things, he also seems to drift away from aspects that work and does not go back to them. Riding the horse into the ground so to speak before he concedes that maybe that horse should have been given a break and got on a different mount.

I have no doubt Schotty can call plays that move the offense as well as Wilson when he is given a chance, putting a Governor on the offense many times is a problem. He says he would like to win by margins but saying and doing isn't what I see, most of us haven't, we go into play not to lose mode with a lead too many times instead of pushing and keeping the pressure on in all 3 aspects.

He really needs to be more of a Orchestrator and let his guys be who they are a DC and a OC and kick them in the ass to adapt and change when things start to slide and use his experience to nudge and guide them versus control. Her can still be a influence but not so hands on in both aspects.

BING BING BING we have a winner

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tical21":2goj2szc said:
For the sake of the reputation of this board and Seahawks fans around the world, can we ban this John guy?

He's contributed more Seahawks-related material to this topic than you have.

And that's pretty bad, given that one needs a Rosetta stone and a flask of Bacardi 151 to read his posts.

Pete's strengths don't lie in game clock management or offensive playcalling. They lie in defensive coaching, diamond-in-the-rough player acquisition, and on-the-field inspiration. It's the reason we can find Pro Bowlers on Day 3 of the draft and then keep them playing their asses off in the 4th quarter when many teams give up. It's led to eight playoff appearances in ten years. Attempts to dismiss that as "nothing", or "intentional mediocrity", are intellectually indefensible.

AgentDib

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2wpwnjw7 said:
Do you feel that "Pete Carroll needs to go" deserves a lengthy debate?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Dude Brought us a world championship. That’s all anyone needs to know. Conversation over. They’re making fun of this stupid thread on the Niner site. Embarrassing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2obnsqz6 said:
Tical21":2obnsqz6 said:
For the sake of the reputation of this board and Seahawks fans around the world, can we ban this John guy?

And that's pretty bad, given that one needs a Rosetta stone and a flask of Bacardi 151 to read his posts............
More like a case of 151

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":p3n7hv43 said:
Yeah, it sucks that we play in the toughest division in all of football. Swap us with the Patriots, and using the leverage of six basically free games per year, winning gets a lot easier. It's entirely possible and even likely that the AFC will only have 4 teams finishing with winning records. We'll likely have 3 just in our division.

It wouldnt be 6 free games for us though. Where the Patriots and good clubs feast on the teams they should beat, the Hawks struggle against them and thats whats so frustrating. Seattle is just as likely to lose to a team they should beat as they are to beating a good team. Its infuriating.

xray

Reaction score
Tom Landry--Paul Brown--Mike Ditka--Mike Shanahan--Hank Stram--Jon Gruden--Tom Flores--George Seifert--Don McCafferty--Brian Bilick --all won super bowls and got fired later on . Pete Carroll isn't special .

NJlargent

Reaction score
Tonight will be a good measuring stick as to coaching. Let's see if we respond to the past 3 weeks of poor play. Do we come out and play well and prepared? Or do we give up an early score and remain noncompetitive the entire game?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
xray":3537wepc said:
Tom Landry--Paul Brown--Mike Ditka--Mike Shanahan--Hank Stram--Jon Gruden--Tom Flores--George Seifert--Don McCafferty--Brian Bilick --all won super bowls and got fired later on . Pete Carroll isn't special .

Whiners are gonna whine and trolls are gonna troll. That's the gist of it. At best they're fair-weathered fans.

Screw'em.

justafan

Reaction score
NJlargent":2ibrhr1q said:
Tonight will be a good measuring stick as to coaching. Let's see if we respond to the past 3 weeks of poor play. Do we come out and play well and prepared? Or do we give up an early score and remain noncompetitive the entire game?

I dont really see it that way. We are beat to hell right now. We are out manned at nearly every position except QB and WR. The fact we stood tow to tow with them earlier when we were healthy tells me Pete outcoached that dillweed down there. Same with the first Rams game. Both are more talented top to bottom. Pete had them ready to play and they executed.

I am hoping for a good game but we are beat up badly. Most coaches would lose this matchup.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AgentDib":2spe082r said:
MontanaHawk05":2spe082r said:
Do you feel that "Pete Carroll needs to go" deserves a lengthy debate?

A lengthy repudiation, maybe.

But I think we can agree that mods deciding what topics are and aren't worthy of discussion is an iffy road to go down. As long as it's Seahawks-related, and as long as there aren't 16 identical threads on a subject, we're going to let it play.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
While it hasn’t been a complete overhaul, this team has been in a rebuild since the end of the 2017 season. Pete Carroll has so far, coached 21 wins in in almost two complete seasons. Playoffs during a rebuild? Yes please!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

justafan

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":15fii77j said:
We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

How do you know what they drafted last year? Players develop slower than people want but if you choose not to support them, Pete and John will find a way to carry on and go to the playoffs next year also.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
justafan":36m61xsg said:
Northwest Seahawk":36m61xsg said:

How do you know what they drafted last year? Players develop slower than people want but if you choose not to support them, Pete and John will find a way to carry on and go to the playoffs next year also.

It's not just this year JS has missed on players and more importantly left very good talent on the board over and over for like the last 4 years.

mikeak

Reaction score
Pete reminds me of Les Miles

Wins a championship

Competitive team

Strange decision making, lack of offensive creativity

Les Miles was finally replaced and guess what LSU has now....

Having success doesn't mean your head coach should be immune from criticism. As good as Pete is and as well as the team has done we are making horrible in game decision and we have an awful amount of three and out and we let teams back into game after game after game

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1ntkboez said:
justafan":1ntkboez said:
Northwest Seahawk":1ntkboez said:

It's not just this year JS has missed on players and more importantly left very good talent on the board over and over for like the last 4 years.

Every GM does this. There's literally not one that doesn't do exactly what you've just described, nor has there ever been one. You should have seen the Patriots' drafting from about 2005-2010.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1yh078xh said:
Northwest Seahawk":1yh078xh said:
justafan":1yh078xh said:
Northwest Seahawk":1yh078xh said:

Every GM does this. There's literally not one that doesn't do exactly what you've just described, nor has there ever been one. You should have seen the Patriots' drafting from about 2005-2010.

Some more than others.

mikeak

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":8sshr526 said:
Winning a playoff game this year that would help a lot.

The irony is I strongly believe we win a playoff game if we lose tonight

If we win I am likewise convinced we are done

Hope I am wrong