People who said game over

StoneCold

Reaction score
Lady Luck was on the field all day...as she is everyday. Each play is a microcosm of luck and skill. There is a different amount of each based on the probabilities of a particular outcome. The kick was magnified because time was running out. There was some luck involved and a whole lot of Michael Bennet, Cliff Avril, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Jeremy Lane, Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Christine Michael...and all those other guys.

We earned this win and get to play another day. How sweet it is.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":w975wmy5 said:
Well considering NFL kicks 27 yards and in have like a 98.5% completion percentage, the game was over for all intents and purposes.

If anyone here thought we were winning that game when Minnesota was lining up to kick, they're liars.

Bilder (PhD statistician) did significant research on this a few years ago and has been updating it, and his assessment is that there is a significant drop in field goal percentage in "clutch" situations (last two minutes of the game, overtime). The conversion rate was on the order of the low 70%s.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cvr5y79 said:
fenderbender123":2cvr5y79 said:
A good friend of mine who is a huge Patriots fan got pissed when Kearse made that circus catch in the Super Bowl late in the 4th quarter and decided to go outside and smoke a cigarette out of frustration that his team was going to lose another Super Bowl. When he came back inside, the Patriots were lined up in the victory formation.

And it sucks for him that he missed one of the best plays in his team's history. But I don't blame him for going outside.

I don't either. People are passionate about their team, and everyone copes with the bad times differently.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
I said it. After the BS penalty on Kam, and then Rudolph catching him after that. I threw my hat in disgust. Saw it coming...then I didn't see it coming.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3mc8r8fc said:
Sgt. Largent":3mc8r8fc said:
Well considering NFL kicks 27 yards and in have like a 98.5% completion percentage, the game was over for all intents and purposes.

If anyone here thought we were winning that game when Minnesota was lining up to kick, they're liars.

Bilder (PhD statistician) did significant research on this a few years ago and has been updating it, and his assessment is that there is a significant drop in field goal percentage in "clutch" situations (last two minutes of the game, overtime). The conversion rate was on the order of the low 70%s.

Fair enough, but my point still holds true. No one was all excited booking their tickets to Carolina when Minny was lining up to kick. That shizzle was over, so I have no idea what the OP's point is.

We got lucky, and I make no apologies for it. Who cares, now it's time to make it count by beating Carolina.

Seymour

Reaction score
Speaking of growing up, that play you (OP) advertise every post happened almost a year ago. Ya, we get it but thanks for the 1400 reminders.

marko358

Reaction score
Questioning fans because we saw the same blue print for a heart breaking loss that we repeatedly witnessed earlier this season? Couple of 3 and outs on offense that could have sealed the game had we done anything and then a final drive on defense where everything was going against us? Sorry that we weren't all as cool and calm as you, OP.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can tell you who didn't think the game was over..................this guy!

CYdEHoOUQAAR9vN

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
It wasn't just at the end. All game in the game day forum people were crying like little girls.

People quit all day in there. You know who you are.

The field goal? I don't blame people for that. But the rest of the game? Nutt up and act like you have a pair.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Crizilla":sc2q51zy said:
It's time grow up. Sports have been around long enough to know its not over until it's OVER

Someone with your sig and avatar telling people to grow up is hard to take seriously.

fan4life

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1dqqz9aj said:
The field goal? I don't blame people for that. But the rest of the game? Nutt up and act like you have a pair.

I don't have a pair (lol), but I didn't give up until MN lined up for the FG. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think MN would shank a 27-yd FG.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I didn't even watch the kick until I heard he missed it from the kitchen where I was preparing to tie one on after a loss. Luckily it didn't go down that way.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2vty41aw said:
Crizilla":2vty41aw said:
It's time grow up. Sports have been around long enough to know its not over until it's OVER

Someone with your sig and avatar telling people to grow up is hard to take seriously.
Exactly...lol

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":38bhtc9w said:
I didn't even watch the kick until I heard he missed it from the kitchen where I was preparing to tie one on after a loss. Luckily it didn't go down that way.

Did you tie one on anyway?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":1no5g7fp said:
Laloosh":1no5g7fp said:

Did you tie one on anyway?
I did a shot but it ended there. Had to get home (wasn't driving).

Geologic

Reaction score
Sorry for thinking Blair Walsh would make a 27 yard field goal.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I'm one of those guys who never gives up, I always use the 'Fat Lady ain't singing yet' mantra; but I have to admit I thought it was over.

Was warming up my car to go play some Omaha; walked back in the house to watch the kick and couldn't believe he missed it! It was the same feeling of shock I felt at the end of the SB...except this time we were on the winning end. :th2thumbs:

Go 'Hawks!!