Penny out for Saturday

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Well, not really all that surprising for me. Gives Walker some real reps to take advantage of.

toffee

Reaction score
Penny doesn't need preseason to fine tune his game, so resting him isn't a big deal. Unless his groin will linger into regular season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Penny is a home run hitter. A great receiving threat, as a back.
He is not a bell cow. He shouldn't be getting lots of touches and frankly, should not even play every game.
We don't even need him every game.

I would be fine if he only showed up 3-5 games in the regular season and then balled out in the playoffs. That is how they should use him.

There was a guy that played for the Eagles, I want to say Jevon Kearse. The guy was incredible. A terror at DE, and incredible at eating QBs. He was basically what Clowney was supposed to be. But he kept getting hurt. The Eagles stupidly tried to use him in regular season, he would invariably get hurt, then he was rarely there to help them in the playoffs. You would think they would learn. Not sure they ever did. Kind of feels the same with Penny. I don't WANT him playing every game. Just be the difference in 1 or 2 games in the regular season and win us 1 playoff game.

That said, preseason doesn't matter. So nobody should care. The only reason this matters is because we all instinctively know & expect Penny to get hurt. And instead of looking to limit that, we just keep using the guy. I have no idea why. Roll with him for 1/3 the regular season games, and then use him if we make the playoffs. It shouldn't be this difficult.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lots and lots of Dallas, probably. He got some time at third-down back last year when Homer was Hurt, and Homer is a FA after this season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Penny is a home run hitter. A great receiving threat, as a back.
He is not a bell cow. He shouldn't be getting lots of touches and frankly, should not even play every game.
We don't even need him every game.

I would be fine if he only showed up 3-5 games in the regular season and then balled out in the playoffs. That is how they should use him.

There was a guy that played for the Eagles, I want to say Jevon Kearse. The guy was incredible. A terror at DE, and incredible at eating QBs. He was basically what Clowney was supposed to be. But he kept getting hurt. The Eagles stupidly tried to use him in regular season, he would invariably get hurt, then he was rarely there to help them in the playoffs. You would think they would learn. Not sure they ever did. Kind of feels the same with Penny. I don't WANT him playing every game. Just be the difference in 1 or 2 games in the regular season and win us 1 playoff game.

That said, preseason doesn't matter. So nobody should care. The only reason this matters is because we all instinctively know & expect Penny to get hurt. And instead of looking to limit that, we just keep using the guy. I have no idea why. Roll with him for 1/3 the regular season games, and then use him if we make the playoffs. It shouldn't be this difficult.
He's not just a home run hitter. He continues to gash for yardage throughout the entire game. We saw this time and time again to close last season. He gets going when he's fed.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The guy has 6 games with over 100 yards rushing in 4 years and he’s the next Walter Payton. LO effing L. Not even mentioning that 3 of the 4 teams last year were the train wreck Texans, Detroit and Chicago. Great effort and game against the Cardinals.

if He was a rookie and sucked his first 4 games you’d say not to judge him off of 4 games but off of his results over time. For some reason you don’t hold yourselves to the same standard for a player with 4 shiny games at the end of last season.

Smellyman

Reaction score
and there is no reason for him to play the whole preseason.

bfd

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The guy has 6 games with over 100 yards rushing in 4 years and he’s the next Walter Payton. LO effing L. Not even mentioning that 3 of the 4 teams last year were the train wreck Texans, Detroit and Chicago. Great effort and game against the Cardinals.

if He was a rookie and sucked his first 4 games you’d say not to judge him off of 4 games but off of his results over time. For some reason you don’t hold yourselves to the same standard for a player with 4 shiny games at the end of last season.
Are you purposely being obtuse, or do you actually not grasp the differences between those two situations?

When Penny is on the field, he has always performed excellently. *Excellently.* The man is averaging 5.6 yards per carry on his career on about a full seasons worth of rush attempts at 280. He's obviously had severe availability issues, but as I've been telling you for years, he's obviously supremely talented.

I'm surprised you keep coming back for more when time keeps proving you further and further off-base on this point.