Penny and Dallas as our one-two punch for 2022?

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
WmHBonney":477vevvm said:
You want to improve our run game? Upgrade the Oline. It all starts there. Football 101.

I have to agree with this. They haven't addressed the O line with any SIGNIFICANT upgrades for over 10 years. I'd say put some effort into acquiring a DECENT O line that supplies good run protection AND pass protection. Then, and only then, will that part of their game improve. They have had multiple opportunities to draft O line help and sadly....missed the boat.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I hope Penny isn't the plan for RB1 next year given his injury history but man watching him glide through tacklers has been impressive this year. Incentive based contract sounds appropriate. He doesn't look like he's moving that fast but suddenly he's through the DL into the LB's and is outrunning everyone in the area. It's been a long time since we've had a guy like him who is a legit HR threat with the ball. His big knock was vision on inside runs but he seems to have made big strides there.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fernie Hawks Fan":csnezmma said:
WmHBonney":csnezmma said:
You want to improve our run game? Upgrade the Oline. It all starts there. Football 101.

I have to agree with this. They haven't addressed the O line with any SIGNIFICANT upgrades for over 10 years. I'd say put some effort into acquiring a DECENT O line that supplies good run protection AND pass protection. Then, and only then, will that part of their game improve. They have had multiple opportunities to draft O line help and sadly....missed the boat.

No significant upgrades in over a decade?

Well, that certainly is about as wrong as it gets.

justafan

Reaction score
im all for keeping Penny and signing another back or 2. He has more upside than most FAs. The only thing thats a sure bet is almost all Rbs that carry the load for a team will get banged up and miss some games. Penny has just as much chance to play 12 or 13 games as any of the FAs on the list

Rat

Reaction score
Fernie Hawks Fan":2kurcuqj said:
WmHBonney":2kurcuqj said:

They havnt addressed the OL? What do you call trading a 2 and a 3 for Duane Brown? And the 1st round pick on a RT and two second-round picks on centers, and numerous FA signings?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Penney's gone. Would be nice of Carson came back at full strength, but not certain he'll be the same. Look for us to grab another RB in the 7th round and pray he works out.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Draft O-line, and take Isaiah Ifanse (Montana State) late, or as an UDFA. Smash mouth, YAC kind of back. With so few picks, we will have to look for bottom of the draft, and UDFA gems.

Hawker55

Reaction score
RiverDog":2anihs12 said:
Sports Hernia":2anihs12 said:
WmHBonney":2anihs12 said:
This.
10-4.

Sounds super legit when you say it out loud. Can somebody please sneak into the practice facility and yell this up and down the halls...

Hawker55

Reaction score
Rat":1kg5gqhw said:
Fernie Hawks Fan":1kg5gqhw said:
WmHBonney":1kg5gqhw said:

They havnt addressed the OL? What do you call trading a 2 and a 3 for Duane Brown? And the 1st round pick on a RT and two second-round picks on centers, and numerous FA signings?

He stands corrected. The O line was upgraded from pathetic to pure shit.... Duane Brown? Really? I see that dude getting blown by or blown backwards multiple times a game... every game...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rat":2pzcbrng said:
Fernie Hawks Fan":2pzcbrng said:
WmHBonney":2pzcbrng said:

And its still garbage. You can change all the players you want, but when they constantly stink every season, its probably another reason. I gave Solari the benefit of the doubt, but when he switched Lewis and Jacksons positions for no apparent reason and its obviously not working, he needs to foot some of the blame too. i'm guessing poor center play is a factor but who knows the real reasoning. Brown is just unfortunate. He played lights out last season and I was all for resigning him. This year he's been awful. Again, unfortunate.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Tusc2000":7mqqdfap said:
Penney's gone. Would be nice of Carson came back at full strength, but not certain he'll be the same. Look for us to grab another RB in the 7th round and pray he works out.
Caron won't, or at least shouldn't come back.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
We’ll resign Penny for big $$…then he’ll come in out of shape or get injured.

I hope I’m wrong because when he’s healthy, he looks like a first rounder.

If we don’t pay him, someone surely will.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He is currently #3 in the league when it comes to yards per carry, may improve some after this game.

nutluck

Reaction score
Talent was never Penny's problem. Staying on the field is his problem and until he can go a full season with out missing several games I don't think we can count on him as a number 1 RB.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
toffee":3eny9qx2 said:
chris98251":3eny9qx2 said:
toffee":3eny9qx2 said:
Everytime Penny carries, it's a homerun threat.

or an IR addition, that's a 50 / 50 gamble, do you really want to base a season on him as your number one back at a high salary.

So true! I am ready to gamble a bit on Penny, but that won't stop me from drafting another back.

Yeah, a lttle bit.
Remember , this was the Lions.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
had2bhawk":35yd14np said:
toffee":35yd14np said:
chris98251":35yd14np said:
toffee":35yd14np said:
Everytime Penny carries, it's a homerun threat.

or an IR addition, that's a 50 / 50 gamble, do you really want to base a season on him as your number one back at a high salary.

So true! I am ready to gamble a bit on Penny, but that won't stop me from drafting another back.

Yeah, a lttle bit.
Remember , this was the Lions.
Everytime penny touches the ball, one have the feeling any thing can happen, now that is entertainment.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The guy blew out his knee. How many of you haters blew out a knee playing a sport and came back from it?

I blew mine out senior year of high school and played five years of college after that. But it took me a year and a half to feel physically and mentally ready to play.

I’m not so sure he’s really injury prone. I think he just wasn’t mentally ready to go.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
HawkNuts":o74y7l4q said:
The guy blew out his knee. How many of you haters blew out a knee playing a sport and came back from it?

I blew mine out senior year of high school and played five years of college after that. But it took me a year and a half to feel physically and mentally ready to play.

I’m not so sure he’s really injury prone. I think he just wasn’t mentally ready to go.

He does look different in the last 5 games or so, almost a different back. That and our OL seems to block well for him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":30gfpo54 said:
HawkNuts":30gfpo54 said:

He does look different in the last 5 games or so, almost a different back. That and our OL seems to block well for him.

His interior vision is kind of insane. He has that knack for being able to anticipate the hole well enough to be flying by the time he squeezes through it, which is why he looks so damn fast coming out the other side.