Penny and Dallas as our one-two punch for 2022?

toffee

Reaction score
These two RBs are still young enough, want to have them as our feature backs for next season? Both won't be expensive, and seems to be serviceable. No stars like Marshawn or Shawn, but above average?

nutluck

Reaction score
Not sure Penny can be depended on, he seems to easily hurt. A 3rd down back that you use from time to time but not depend on. I think they will need to get or draft another RB.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":5ctof5lr said:
Everytime Penny carries, it's a homerun threat.

or an IR addition, that's a 50 / 50 gamble, do you really want to base a season on him as your number one back at a high salary.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":gd371mtk said:
toffee":gd371mtk said:
Everytime Penny carries, it's a homerun threat.

or an IR addition, that's a 50 / 50 gamble, do you really want to base a season on him as your number one back at a high salary.

So true! I am ready to gamble a bit on Penny, but that won't stop me from drafting another back.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Penny has talent but doesn't have anything close to the durability that is needed for me to be comfy with him as our RB1. I don't think we have an RB1 on the team.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
^ Agreed. Its time to look elsewhere. 3 games doesn't make up for 3 seasons of non stop issues.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We need to move on from Penny. The guy has a lot of miles on his body plus he seems to struggle with motivation. Often times he's came in overweight or just looked checked out.

I think we need to move on from Penny and Carson. We can't depend on them and these days they've spent more time on the IR than they have playing the game. I don't care about how good they are, these two can't be depended on.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
You want to improve our run game? Upgrade the Oline. It all starts there. Football 101.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
WmHBonney":yrmu2bz6 said:
You want to improve our run game? Upgrade the Oline. It all starts there. Football 101.
Gee, would have been nice to have a guy named Creed. I guess having an undersized receiver known for being injury prone was a bigger need.

Rat

Reaction score
Dallas is a decent backup, but I don't want him in a situation where he's likely starting at least half the season.

edogg23

Reaction score
We are going to be rebuilding anyways so why not.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think Penny and Dallas are good pieces to have if we can get Penny cheap, on incentive-laden contract. Dallas still on rookie contract, very versatile, had nice KR today. We wear down RBs over a season so we need a stable. Draft this year's Jonathan Taylor when we have the chance. (We took LB Jordyn Brooks instead that year)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Penny is a free agent after this season as we declined his 5th year option, and given his injury history, it's unlikely that we'll even offer him a contract. We just got through giving a big contract to a running back only to see him wind up on IR.