PC press conference

renofox

Reaction score

Summary:

1st half was bad because we gave them short fields.

We got nothing done on offense in the 1st half but after that our guys jumped right in and got rolling.

49ers are difficult to play when you give them field position.

WE GOTTA CLEAN IT UP, can't keep giving opponents short.fields.

We gotta get back to work and clean things up. Coaches, players, everybody.

It was a really hard game. Geno's injury had no effect. We outscored.them in the 2nd half and that's something we can hang our hat on.

We turned the game around and it felt like we were gonna come back and get it done. It was good to see that happen - it almost got there.

We have to be more consistent on offense. Need to run the ball and catch the ball to help Geno out.

Riq was pulled because his lingering injury was affecting his play.

tldr; Dementia is real OR gaslighting is good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
What BS. 'Riq was avoiding contact. Cleaning up will do nothing as long as Waldron keeps calling pass after pass after pass.

Hero Ball is back, this time with Waldron. Meanwhile, McVay snickers in LA.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We need to do this... we need to do that... blah, blah, blah.

Where's the substance? Like, "we need a shake-up... I will do a player-by-player evaluation and changes are coming".

Mizak

Reaction score
So basically, we are going to see the same thing next week vs Cowboys but with more urgency.

i hope.

cymatica

Reaction score
Short fields? I remember their first 2 scoring drives starting around the 25-30. They matched down the field with ease. Offense was rolling for part of the 3rd quarter, then fizzled out after more idiot play calling.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What do we truly expect him to say?

There were no positives from the game? It's truly a mess! I suspect Positive Pete had to think hard to pull those small victories out as examples of the team finding a way to get better.

Collectively the arrow is regrettably pointed straight down. GeeNo is exposed and the D can't stop diddly, except inconsistently on rare occssions.

Think on this, the Hawks last scored a TD in the first Q against the Rams. Both ST and the D are outscoring the O over the last few games. Hardly a recipe for success.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What BS. 'Riq was avoiding contact. Cleaning up will do nothing as long as Waldron keeps calling pass after pass after pass.

Hero Ball is back, this time with Waldron. Meanwhile, McVay snickers in LA.
Nailed it.

Mizak

Reaction score
You guys thought that was bad. That halftime interview. Sideline reporter asked Pete about any adjustments that he was gonna make and he just “One play at a time, one drive at a time.”

I’m like shit, this dude really doesn’t adjust mid game AT ALL.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Is anyone buying this? I’m not participating until there are some changes. Real changes. Not this same “clean things up” week after week after week after

Nothing will change. Save this presser and play it Thursday morning because it is what you will hear next Friday again. And again.

cymatica

Reaction score
You guys thought that was bad. That halftime interview. Sideline reporter asked Pete about any adjustments that he was gonna make and he just “One play at a time, one drive at a time.”

I’m like shit, this dude really doesn’t adjust mid game AT ALL.
He's an older pastier version of Wilson

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
He’s just said, on his radio show, that we wanted to attack SF defense with deep shots but we "didn’t get as much out of that as we thought we would.''

These long plays just continue to bring pressure that our OL and Geno can’t handle..how can they not see this?! Week after week!

cymatica

Reaction score
He’s just said, on his radio show, that we wanted to attack SF defense with deep shots but we "didn’t get as much out of that as we thought we would.''

These long plays just continue to bring pressure that our OL and Geno can’t handle..how can they not see this?! Week after week!
He's clueless. KJ brought up how Shanahan schemes Deebo against Wagner in the middle for mismatches, yet we never do this with JSN even though it's not difficult. Instead, they use a gameplan that puts our biggest weakness(injured oline and QB) against the best dline. Brilliant

Wheetie

Reaction score
It's going on week 13. Things still aren't cleaned up. So it's either your coaching is trash, or your players are incompetent. Which is it?