Payton bans Team3 from facility

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I remember back in the 90s the Seahawks had a coaching change, the previous coach had a reputation for a lax atmosphere and the big news was the new coach removed the soda machines from the weight room. Could be Flores or Erickson

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Heaps isn’t a guru he’s Wilson’s only friend. Russ had managed to alienate teammates and coaches his past few years in Seattle and now in Denver. Jake is his yes man and has been instrumental in Wilson’s regression. Payton seized full control. I wouldn’t put it past him to bench Russ and draft a quarterback next year.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think Russ has a rude awakening coming because Paton is NOTHING like Carroll... i just cant help but to think when Carroll heard about Payton coaching the Broncos he laughed silently....

keasley45

Reaction score

Will be interesting. Seemed obvious from the jump that a coach like Payton would have limited interest in being strapped to a qb who can't read defenses and thus, can't execute the plays he designs, and thus, is himself limited in what he's able to implement as a playcaller and offensive coordinator / strategist.

Payton is all about offense. It's the sandbox he plays in, and I doubt he will want to go year over year with a qb he has to scheme around.

RW had no idea the gift he was given in going to a franchise in Seattle who's coach embraced the notion of building up a team around a qb not expected to carry the day, and a philosophy built around complimentary, team ball and straight forward, but aggressive xs and os.

Now, he has to match his own wit with that of an offensive mastermind.

Going to be fun to watch.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

Will be interesting. Seemed obvious from the jump that a coach like Payton would have limited interest in being strapped to a qb who can't read defenses and thus, can't execute the plays he designs, and thus, is himself limited in what he's able to implement as a playcaller and offensive coordinator / strategist.

Payton is all about offense. It's the sandbox he plays in, and I doubt he will want to go year over year with a qb he has to scheme around.

RW had no idea the gift he was given in going to a franchise in Seattle who's coach embraced the notion of building up a team around a qb not expected to carry the day, and a philosophy built around complimentary, team ball and straight forward, but aggressive xs and os.

Payton is going to kick Wilson in the ass... payton was suspended in 2012 for his role in having his players hurt other players... i have a hard time believing that Wilson will thrive under Payton...

Your right its going to be interesting to watch.. Wilson wont last past 23...

Jac

Reaction score

Wilson's going to be the preeminent case study in the 'grass is always greener'. While in Seattle, playing for Sean Payton probably seemed ideal on paper. But in reality, he's already had all his toys taken away after failing and getting his head coach (his 'partner') fired last year. Payton will probably make him run some of the 'Seattle offense' (not the Drew Brees offense). And depending on how long Payton wants to stay, it wouldn't be surprising to see him cut Wilson as soon as viable to get his own guy and free up roster money.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think Russ has a rude awakening coming because Paton is NOTHING like Carroll... i just cant help but to think when Carroll heard about Payton coaching the Broncos he laughed silently....
Good point. Payton historically doesn't take one bit of crap. Exactly what Russ needs. Go old school, I'm the coach, you're the player.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Payton is going to kick Wilson in the ass... payton was suspended in 2012 for his role in having his players hurt other players... i have a hard time believing that Wilson will thrive under Payton...

Your right its going to be interesting to watch.. Wilson wont last past 23...
The bounty gate imo was more on greg williams. It followed him when he went to st louis as the rams DC. I believe the only player left from then as well is the man child who chokes linemen or facemasks them when he's pissed he got beat is AD. Peyton imo has really had since the bounty gate pretty clean teams. He was the fall guy for that imo, a "your the coach your taking the blame because your the coach" Idk only speculation of course.

Sorry not trying to derail the topic.

Overall I think Peyton will right the ship in denver. maybe not this year but next yr for sure.

Boohman14

Reaction score
The notion that Wilson CAN'T read defenses isn't fair. When he came into the NFL that was considered one of his strengths. But over the years he believed he could extend plays and create more big plays by extending them with his quickness. I think he simply quit trying to make significant reads. As he's aged and slowed a step, that ability had waned. Plus he needs a Baldwin or Locket to target with sure hands that can quickly adjust to the improv.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice season next year. It would be a good thing for him to lose the middle age spread and get back to film study. Payton will be working on his weaknesses and bad habits though.

What we'll learn is if Wilson will work with Payton or go pout his way into another trade. My concern for Wilson is that he became all about image and money and forgot what got him here in the first place. It's telling by how he ran his charity in my opinion, that he's become greedy and probably over extended.

Last edited:

GGotskill

Reaction score
The notion that Wilson CAN'T read defenses isn't fair.

There's been more than info video breakdowns done over the past few years. He is absolutely terrible at reading defenses.

When he came into the NFL that was considered one of his strengths.

Nope. It's been a knock if his all the way back to college.

But over the years he believed he could extend plays and create more big plays by extending them with his quickness. I think he simply quit trying to make significant reads.

He never did. He has always played hero ball.

As he's aged and slowed a step, that ability had waned. Plus he needs a Baldwin or Locket to target with sure hands that can quickly adjust to the improv.

Bail him out more like.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice season next year. It would be a good thing for him to lose the middle age spread and get back to film study. Payton will be working on his weaknesses and bad habits though.

Payton will do everything possible to cover up Wilson's deficiencies.

What we'll learn is if Wilson will work with Payton or go pout his way into another trade. My concern for Wilson is that he became all about image and money and forgot what got him here in the first place. It's telling by how he ran his charity in my opinion, that he's become greedy and probably over extended.

No time to sleep.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I think this is overblown. Loads of players have their own teams, fitness coaches etc. Heaps will still be around him, they'll just not be at the Broncos facility.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The bounty gate imo was more on greg williams. It followed him when he went to st louis as the rams DC. I believe the only player left from then as well is the man child who chokes linemen or facemasks them when he's pissed he got beat is AD. Peyton imo has really had since the bounty gate pretty clean teams. He was the fall guy for that imo, a "your the coach your taking the blame because your the coach" Idk only speculation of course.

Sorry not trying to derail the topic.

Overall I think Peyton will right the ship in denver. maybe not this year but next yr for sure.
I agree he will right the ship just not with Wilson because Payton wont pander to Wilson and Wilson needs that. He is in for a rude awaking IMO.