Panthers now hold #1

NoGain

Reaction score
I think the Panthers go with Stroud too, unless they get blown away by someone else on a workout/interview thing.

This talk about Carter for the Hawks at #5 has got to stop. Way too many red flags on this guy's character now. It's one of the four QB's, Will Anderson, or possible trade down for more draft capital.

toffee

Reaction score
Plus a 2025 second rounder.

So basically 2 1's, 2 2's and DJ Moore = The #1 pick in the 2023 draft for the Panthers
darn, Fire Pete, he could have gotten more for Wilson. Afterall Wilson's all-pro, ok once, and 2nd team, but still, and a future HOFer.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I think the Panthers go with Stroud too, unless they get blown away by someone else on a workout/interview thing.

This talk about Carter for the Hawks at #5 has got to stop. Way too many red flags on this guy's character now. It's one of the four QB's, Will Anderson, or possible trade down for more draft capital.
I doubt that PC and JS are that worried about Carter's red flags. They both seem to feel they have the people and culture in place to help someone like Carter. If they don't draft Carter (assuming he's available) it will be because Jody Allen stopped them.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I doubt that PC and JS are that worried about Carter's red flags. They both seem to feel they have the people and culture in place to help someone like Carter. If they don't draft Carter (assuming he's available) it will be because Jody Allen stopped them.
Pete & John have been heavy in the media recently and gone out of their way to bring up the importance of character & culture repeatedly.

That doesn’t bode well for a player that had been questioned on character prior to the racing incident coming to light.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete & John have been heavy in the media recently and gone out of their way to bring up the importance of character & culture repeatedly.

That doesn’t bode well for a player that had been questioned on character prior to the racing incident coming to light.
I've had to come around to that point of view also. Leaving the scene and lying repeatedly, and motor questions, just a pattern that takes a bit of the shine off. Trade down and take him, OK, but at #5 I'm passing on Carter.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If Levis or Richardson are there, I wonder if they take either? Wish I knew what their plan is for this draft. Going to be a long five weeks.

bsuhawk

Reaction score

We'll have to agree to disagree. Seattle has a history of giving players second (and third?) chances. Sometimes it works (Bruce Irvin, Frank Clark) and sometimes it doesn't (Percy Harvin, Malik McDowell). But to be honest, this is all just conjecture. Provided Carter is still there at 5, we'll find out who's right on April 27.

James in PA

Reaction score

In a normal draft, I can see Pete and John passing on a guy like Carter, but this isn't a normal draft. We are never picking this high, there are very few blue chippers to begin with, and we have two first round picks. Pete and John can afford to take more of a gamble here, not to mention they also hold two 2nd's. If they love Carter as a player, I think they'll take him. I guarantee someone takes him in the top 10.

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
How does a player that gives less-than-100% effort end up on a Pete Carroll team? I think there could be reasons to draft Carter if his recent racing situation is his only red flag. However, that's not the case. I have a hard time seeing JS/PC drafting him before that was public, solely on effort concerns. The additional misdemeanors and drama would only solidify a hard-pass for me.

Additionally, it has been pointed out by multiple people (most succinctly Doug Baldwin as a guest on a recent podcast) that last year's draft success was a result of re-focusing on a "type" of person, not solely athletic or positional acumen. Maybe JS abandons that perspective and takes a chance. Maybe there's good reason to do so. If so, that's because of information I don't have. From what's public, it seems like a schizophrenic decision to draft Carter at 5.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here we go, Noon Eastern time, legal tampering starts. Sure Wed. is technically the start of free agency, but it all starts in less than 2 hours.
Let the frenzy begin. A LOT of good players available in Free Agency.
I went ahead and started a Free Agency Thread in the NFL Forum section.

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure if I got it right, the incident was two cars racing on public road with Carter driving one of the cars and the two victim in the other. The car with those two crashed and killed them, Carter, instead of stopping, call 911, and tried to help. He drove away. Not sure how the law found out Carter was in the other car? "IF" I got it right, Carter's legal issue would be drove way pass speed limit on public road, and left the scene after the accident? On a human level, you drove away and left your friends to die? It would have been less damaging if he stopped, call 911, and stayed to help his friends.