Packers/Falcons Tonight

HawkWow

Reaction score
RunTheBall":o9933ypq said:
HawkWow":o9933ypq said:
Reaneypark":o9933ypq said:
Even if the Falcons don't pull off the miracle here, the Pack could be ripe for a letdown at Buffalo after this one.

Thanks for making it a game, Falcons!

The heck of it is it ends up win / win for the Pack. They escape with a win but understand they have no cause for celebration. Their D will get ass chewed hard all week.
LOL, only a Packers fan could spin giving up 37 points at home as a good thing.

Each post more stupid than the last...are you a scientist by chance?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
HawkWow":xu76yfb9 said:
RunTheBall":xu76yfb9 said:
HawkWow":xu76yfb9 said:
Reaneypark":xu76yfb9 said:
Even if the Falcons don't pull off the miracle here, the Pack could be ripe for a letdown at Buffalo after this one.

Thanks for making it a game, Falcons!

The heck of it is it ends up win / win for the Pack. They escape with a win but understand they have no cause for celebration. Their D will get ass chewed hard all week.
LOL, only a Packers fan could spin giving up 37 points at home as a good thing.

Each post more stupid than the last...are you a scientist by chance?
Dam cool it on the personal attack Packers fan, I mean you are defending a team that just gave up 450+ yards and 37 Points at HOME to a 5-8 team. The Packers defense is bad, no amount of chewing out will change that.

nepahawk

Reaction score
atlanta needed to let them score.
It was their only shot. Could have got the ball back down 13.
Try to score and another onside kick. Needed to give themselves a slim chance.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I still thank the Falcons for making GB have to play 4 quarters. It's a short week now for them after having to bang around on that turf all night. Hopefully it drains them enough for next week. Their OL isn't that good and Buffalo should wipe some of Rodgers smug off his face next week. Go Bills!

HawkWow

Reaction score
nepahawk":16ekj2m8 said:
atlanta needed to let them score.
It was their only shot. Could have got the ball back down 13.
Try to score and another onside kick. Needed to give themselves a slim chance.

Coaches just hate doing so (Holmgren aside). It's a strategy almost taboo it seems, but one that could be used with more favorable results than just losing. I'd like to see it employed more frequently. Even the times it has been done, coaches have their players pretend it's not happening. All rather odd when winning is the ultimate objective.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
There's no question the Packers D was absolute garbage tonight. They stunk. However, they did hold New England to 21 last week, so I am not sure what to think about them. Sometimes they can play good, but tonight wasn't one of those times. Makes you wonder if they could succeed in the playoffs against a team like Seattle. No they can't at the moment. I still can't understand the mean remarks around here about Rodgers. He never did anything to you guys that bad. He's a great guy that does a lot to try and help the community around him. He has done a lot of stuff for kids with cancer, and he has done other stuff as well. He strikes me as being very classy, as is a guy like Wilson. If you guys are really upset at him smirking every once in a while I saw some Seattle players taunting the crowd and trash talking a backup quarterback after their dominating performance Sunday.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PackerBacker, I actually liked Rodgers prior to the Fail Mary game. Then I saw what he was saying to the media off and on for MONTHS afterwards. He's a petulant bitch and I have no respect for him. Yes, he's elite. Yes, he's also a whiny tool.

That game's aftermath changed everything regarding what I think of Aaron Rodgers off the field. Also, in the earlier part of the Fail Mary game after running for a first down, this made him more hate-worthy. ;)

Rodgers gun

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1t87slz5 said:
PackerBacker, I actually liked Rodgers prior to the Fail Mary game. Then I saw what he was saying to the media off and on for MONTHS afterwards. He's a petulant bitch and I have no respect for him. Yes, he's elite. Yes, he's also a whiny tool.

That game's aftermath changed everything regarding what I think of Aaron Rodgers off the field. Also, in the earlier part of the Fail Mary game after running for a first down, this made him more hate-worthy. ;)

Rodgers gun
Stop being so mean to HawkWow's alt handle.

NJlargent

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":28089qag said:
There's no question the Packers D was absolute garbage tonight. They stunk. However, they did hold New England to 21 last week, so I am not sure what to think about them. Sometimes they can play good, but tonight wasn't one of those times. Makes you wonder if they could succeed in the playoffs against a team like Seattle. No they can't at the moment. I still can't understand the mean remarks around here about Rodgers. He never did anything to you guys that bad. He's a great guy that does a lot to try and help the community around him. He has done a lot of stuff for kids with cancer, and he has done other stuff as well. He strikes me as being very classy, as is a guy like Wilson. If you guys are really upset at him smirking every once in a while I saw some Seattle players taunting the crowd and trash talking a backup quarterback after their dominating performance Sunday.

I recognize everyone is hearing footsteps. Concentrate on winning the division and getting HFA. Then start to stress our defense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the Bills have a great chance to knock Green Bay off. They're a different team away from Lambeau this year.. and that Bills defense is very, very good.

If Kyle Orton can not screw it up.. the Bills have a shot.

jkitsune

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2w4sg0aw said:

FTR, I really like Aaron Rodgers. Dude's an incredible player and represents his team well. Packers are very lucky to have him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":1mrmgv4n said:
PackerBacker19":1mrmgv4n said:

FTR, I really like Aaron Rodgers. Dude's an incredible player and represents his team well. Packers are very lucky to have him.

Yep. Unsure why some have trouble separating player from person?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the personal lives of sports figures. That including our own. Many of today's fans want to be imaginary pals with the players, it seems. Not healthy and could ultimately have a negative impact on the nation as a whole.

How long before (IE) guys like Phil Knight are changing laws and policy, having the influence of guys like LeBron "I can't breathe" James, to sway voters to Knight's own political beliefs?

Crazy? Never over-estimate the American public. I've seen crazier scenarios than the above. Sadly, we all have.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkWow":1hkjtyui said:
jkitsune":1hkjtyui said:
PackerBacker19":1hkjtyui said:

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the personal lives of sports figures. That including our own. Many of today's fans want to be imaginary pals with the players, it seems. Not healthy and could ultimately have a negative impact on the nation as a whole.

How long before (IE) guys like Phil Knight are changing laws and policy, having the influence of guys like LeBron "I can't breathe" James, to sway voters to Knight's own political beliefs?

Crazy? Never over-estimate the American public. I've seen crazier scenarios than the above. Sadly, we all have.

Aaaaaaanndddd Cut!

Nice take there. Lets take 5.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":e3ogcv9j said:
I think the Bills have a great chance to knock Green Bay off. They're a different team away from Lambeau this year.. and that Bills defense is very, very good.

Very True. GB has to now play on the road on a short week. Atlanta doesn't have a real defense, and the Bills do so it could get interesting!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Cartire":o4epne6f said:
HawkWow":o4epne6f said:
jkitsune":o4epne6f said:
PackerBacker19":o4epne6f said:

Aaaaaaanndddd Cut!

Nice take there. Lets take 5.

Who do you think you're talking to, dude? You'd do well to avoid me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kf3339":28lmrsfz said:
Hasselbeck":28lmrsfz said:

Very True. GB has to now play on the road on a short week. Atlanta doesn't have a real defense, and the Bills do so it could get interesting!
I'm not getting my hopes up. Buffalo has the defense to completely shut down Green Bay but they have no offense. They can't run it or pass it. I expect Green Bay to win something like 17-10.