Our SAD little defense in 22

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
I'm starting to think John/Dean is Russell himself and the bad spelling is a front to be unrecognizable.

Fade

Reaction score
The benefits of the switch to a 3-4 is being able to bring pressure from multiple directions. Also very cost effective from a salary cap perspective.

Being able to platoon and rotate pressure while also keep offenses guessing is going to really pay off for the invested resources in the secondary.
3-4 is actually more expensive.

You have to pay a premium for both OLBs, and DEs.

Where as in a 4-3. SLB usually makes peanuts, and doesn't play more than half of the snaps.

----‐-
Onto '22.

It will be better than last year, because anything is better than another year of Norton. (Who was oddly praised by people who don't know football last year, and then they were totally cool with him being fired. Absolutely hilarious.)

Rookie DC, installing a new defense, a lot of new pieces. It's hard to make any bold claims at this juncture, but it will be better than last year.

Own The West

Reaction score
I love Bobby Wagner, but I will not miss him giving up 10 yard receptions on 3rd down and then making the tackle. Whether is was on him or the scheme that needed to be changed. Cody Barton doesn't have the stopping power of Wagner in the run game (only Ray Lewis probably did), but he can cover which is needed in today's game
Part of the cover 3 we play concedes the short middle on long yardage situations (e.g. 3rd and 10), so that's not completely on him. He's supposed to close fast and prevent YAC, but if the WR/TE does a good job of breaking the zone at the marker, well...

Also, Brooks is going to take Bobby's place inside with Barton -- the 3-4 defense often looks more like a 5-2 with the OLB on the line or very near it -- so it's not going to be like a 1:1 swap of MLB. We'll have two guys inside now.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
... and he didn't even dispute it 😭

It's because John has foed Mael and many others like myself who dare question him. Anthony/John/Dean cannot read their stuff to refute it. It's easier to silence dissent by putting fingers-in-ears than actually providing facts (which seems to be what J63 thought he was good at).