Optimistic comparison of Clemons and Mayowa

springscohawk

Reaction score
Over at Field Gulls, John Gilbert has an interesting article comparing measurables and production stats of Chris Clemons and Benson Mayowa.

Interesting how Clemons had such a productive career with Seahawks starting around same age as Mayowa.

If Mayowa could match Clemons, that would be fantastic and make Schneider look like a genius.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/8/19/21374989

ivotuk

Reaction score
Also, some great comments at the bottom of the page. I like these two

Mayowa vs Ngakoue

On a per snap basis, Mayowa has as good or better pass rush numbers than Ngakoue and is a much better run defender as well.

His pass rush grades/productivity have improved every year he has played in the league and he is in his prime age years. With regular snaps I think he could see double digit sacks and easily be the best signing of the offseason ($3 mil cap hit).

LongLiveTheKing

Can anyone speculate why he (Mayowa) was demoted by the Raiders part way through the season? Young talent to develop? His numbers in limited snaps doesn't seem to jive with how they played him.

Staff In reply to LongLiveTheKing

His snaps went to Maxx Crosby and Clelin Ferrell since they're both under contract for the next three years, so their development was more important to the team.

HawknCawk In reply to TheRustafarian

I'm hoping for a Poona Ford pro bowl push, then we can get these "Built Ford Tough" memes going. :p